Mystro
Years ago

NZ Vs South Korea Game 3

Game 3 Tips off in 20 mins at the NSEC.
Jarrod Kenny is still out with his ankle injury and Alex Pledger is out with a toe injury.
Nick Horvath tweaked his back and is also out.
Isaac Fotu is over his illness & Everard Bartlett's calf has come up ok to play.
Jack Salt & Tohi Milner-Smith have been excluded from the playing team.

I want Tom Abercrombie to step up and carry some of the offensive load.
I want to see Isaac Fotu get some burn & Lindsay Tait run the show.
I also would like to see NZ run some offensive sets instead of all just standing around the arc with a Korean in their face. Get some motion in their offence & set some screens to free up Penney & Corey Webster.

Topic #34943 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Game off to a quick start.NZ pushing the ball and putting it inside at every oppurtunity.
9-8 to NZ with 5:30 left in the 1st

Reply #483791 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

24-14 to NZ end of the 1st.
Abercrombie got going early as did Penney.
The Webster brothers running the show with Fotu, Vukona & Annthony. Good looking small ball line up.

Reply #483793 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

52/32 to NZ at half time. Tai Webster at PG and young Tai Wynard in the paint with Vukona. Wynard picking up 2 quick fouls and Bartlett playing his guts out for a spot to Spain. Abercrombie continuing to be active with a big block at the rim & knocking down shots.
Andrej Lemanis in the crowd scouting the South Koreans who feature in the same group as the Boomers in Spain.

Reply #483794 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ shooting 65% from the floor and 56% from behind the arc.
Once again dominating the boards but still to many turnovers and missing easy shots around the rim.

Reply #483795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

live stream anyone??

Reply #483797 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

The young Tall Blacks from the Shore all showing great team chemistry. Penney lethal from outside.78/57 to NZ with 40 seconds left in the 3rd

Reply #483798 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

How good is Corey Webster. Picking him to have a massive break out year in the NBL.

Reply #483799 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Fuming that the coach at Nebraska has tried to form Tai Webster into a PG.

He is a SG through and through.

Some scorers can operate from the Point and still have a scoring mentality ala Westbrook.

Webster can't do that and I dont blame him. His american college coach would tell him to dribble up the court and pass the ball and play good defence (which he has been doing this series).

The move to PG has taken away from his penetration and scoring mentality. His time at Nebraska has IMO made him a better PG but hasn't made him a better player if that makes sense.

He has gone from been a master SG to a jack of all trades guard. Essentially used to be an exellent SG and is now an ok/satisfactory PG. Stupid Nebraska coach.

Reply #483800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How good is Corey Webster. Picking him to have a massive break out year in the NBL."

People say that every year.

Reply #483801 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

89-81 to NZ at the final whistle. Big come back by Korea but Vucinic player a lot of the younger players in the 4th and NZ pretty much running out of gas but doing enough to hold on for the win.

I'd be taking these guys to Spain assuming Pledgers toe tendon heals up.

Tait / T.Webster
Penney / C.Webster
Abercrombie / Bartlett
Vukona / Anthony/ Fotu
Pledger / Loe / Horvath

Reply #483802 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

And every year Corey has got better. His ball handling skills has improved greatly and his shot creation has also improved. He shot the ball with ease tonight and he looks to be in tremendous shape, best I've ever seen him in.

I agree Macdub in regards to Tai. He was much like Corey in the fact he had that pure scorers mentality and Nebraska seem to have tried to make him into a ball handler & play maker. Not a bad thing for New Zealand in the long run with the brothers playing both guard positions.

Reply #483803 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Corey has played with a lot of good players and the Breakers have long shared the scoring during the time hes been there.

Players hes had on his teams include Penney, Jackson, Abercrombie, Vukona, Pledger, Corletto, Braswell, Wilkinson..so he hasn't always been in the top 4 offensive options. Not too mention his MPG were still too low last season.

Reply #483804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a box score for the game anywhere? Can't find one for the life of me.

Reply #483825 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

NZ have named their touring team of 14 that is heading to South Korea, China, Lithuania & Serbia in preparation for Spain.

Tait / T.Webster / Kenney
Penney / C.Webster
Abercrombie / Bartlett
Vukona / Anthony /Fotu
Loe / Horvath / Frank / Wynard

Reply #483861 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:16 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754