its at 4.30 today

Reply #483853 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Where?

Reply #483862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to see a result other than status quo given current players would need to vote openly against el presidente and that ain't gunna happen.

Reply #483863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh pretty sure the vote is anonymous

Reply #483866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure seeing the crowd there last night they are doing something ok

Reply #483874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any update?

Reply #483907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

current board was retained.

Reply #483909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny about that

Reply #483912 | Report this post

Harry Hopeless  
Years ago

Magic

Reply #483915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it that transparency months after an event seems less clear ?

Reply #483919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well if you want to be sued for being transparent, go right ahead and do so. I assume that the poster of that last comment was at the meeting. Again the board stated that if they spoke about reasons why things happened there would be legal action. Get it through your head. The board has been gagged via the threat of legal action and therefore can not say anything. It is not in the best interest of the club to to say something, then get sued. pretty simple really.

On another note, my favourite part of the meeting was when the question of the plan for the future was asked. The current board laid out there entire plan about hiring people to improve our juniors, improve procedures to make the club better. But when the other side stood up... the words, 'the future is irrelevant at this stage' were spoken followed by a 5 minute rant about getting a certain coach back. Hardly what you want to hear about when talking about the future of the club and being told that its irrelevant.

Reply #483922 | Report this post

Bored  
Years ago

Al is long gone may as well get used to no Green and Gold.

Reply #483923 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

the ego has left the building

well done to those who stood firm for the betterment of the Club

Reply #483924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

those ranting about the coach have their own interests at heart, unfortunately this happens everywhere

Reply #483925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the meeting primarily was a motion of no confidence in Ben Macdonald and his committee and was no longer concerning Al Green
The club members have voted and Ben hung in there by a very slim margin
I sincerely hope Ben learns from this and everyone moves forward and the club can progress in a positive and transparent manner

Reply #483946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

922 you have been ranting about future changes for a long time and to date the junior development of the girls is in disarray and the people in charge have not got the skill set to change it. Buying a senior team and coach can't help a dying program and you need positive change not remain with a naive and self absorbed committee that have overseen this mess and promise more.

Reply #483949 | Report this post

still laughing  
Years ago

Woodville people should vote with their feet, if you are not happy at Woodville then find a new club.
just about any other club would offer a better development path than what is on offer at St Clair,
even if Al was still involved.

Reply #483959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is their junior development officer ? cant find anything on their web site

Reply #483967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jdo is one of the first things the board wants to put in place. Something the non supporters didn't want

Reply #483978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benn was the JDO

Reply #483992 | Report this post

Oh please  
Years ago

So Benn hung in by a small margin on a vote. Nothing good will change then. Better the Woodville players find another club. Shame really for those who have belief in the club.

The whole being gagged on the threat of legal action is the oldest trick in the book. Defamation can only be found if what is being said is untrue. So if Benn claims to be saying the truth about Al, then why be concerned. Seems to be a whole lot of lies to me.

If Al was sacked and has a contractual claim then no matter what is said wont change the fact that the club has to pay out the contract.

Looks like those wanting to back Benn for the sake of not liking Al and spreading misinformation.

Haters will always jump on the bandwagon and kick someone when they are down as is with the band of merry haters against Al. Their loss really.

Benn is a young President and needs to learn how to manage without controversy. A good ref doesn't make a good administrator. Vice versa with coaching and administrating. Both shoud be separate.

In my humble opinion of course.

Reply #484003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With no bias there at all.

Decision has been made, majority won everyone in that Club needs to get on with it.

Reply #484004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just want to see the talking about improving the juniors actually become a reality, not just talk.

Reply #484005 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

This board has not been there long enough to have the opportunity to help the development of the juniors. It sounds like they have been busy with other stuff that has come up as well. This board should have been given the chance with out all this happening.
Yes the girls numbers are low but the quality of the coaches are great. Better coaching then other clubs in my opinion.
All that was mentioned over and over again was the fact that Al got fired. It is time to move on. Al has good and past history. Mention his name and most of the time the bad comes forward. That's how his name was introduced to me.
Its time for the Board to move forward and make good what was said at the meeting.
Good luck to Al in his new adventures and those leaving the club to follow Don't let the Door hit you on the way out!
Forward Warriors Forward!

Reply #484055 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

quote from - "Oh please" "Defamation can only be found if what is being said is untrue"

I would think you will find that is a little bit naive, but be that as it may,there are far stronger reasons to be a liitle bit more aware of the pitfalls in just letting it all hang out -

I would not be happy with any board that decided to "tell the truth", just to please those who want to argue, and then have to spend the clubs' thousands of dollars on legal representation to prove that what they said was true, and then still have mucho dolaro to have to pay out to lawyers even if costs were awarded to the club by the court.

By definition, any Board that would take that course of action just to prove its self, at the expense of a very significant sum of club funds - is not a fit board.

Reply #484061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is no reason ever that the truth shouldn't be put out for all to see. There can only be one reason for hiding it and that is not for fear of legal action in my humble opinion.

Reply #484075 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the other person has not be totally honest?? Maybe there is more to it then what has been said.
I do believe the board would have had good reason to do this and the blame can not be placed on one person. There are two sides to the story and 1 isn't commenting while the other could be hiding things. I know I wouldn't risk saying anything if I was on the board in case of legal actions ... just MY humble opinion

Reply #484086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True, but when the truth is hidden no one ever knows and it festers.

Reply #484099 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

very naive point of view

certainly not one that I would want from a Board member of my Club

full disclosure leaves a Club vulnerable

elected Board members are there to make the hard calls for the Club

Reply #484113 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Agree Cat!!

Reply #484116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a load of crap, the only time you hide the truth is when you have something to cover up.

Reply #484127 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

bullshit..you've obviously never served on a Board in your life

you want EVERY Board decision laid bare and leave those volunteers opinions to be common knowledge?

good luck finding people to serve

this layman's lynch mob needs to get a grip and get behind it's elected Board

it was put to a vote, and majority carried

if you don't like the democratic system put your hand up to become the Dictator

the name for you is half right

Reply #484128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rarely does one get such an honest appraisal of the virtues of being a dishonest board, I'm indebted to you.

Reply #484149 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

DFTT

Reply #484164 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754