Anonymous
Years ago

Celtics Sign Turner

Boston has signed wingman Evan Turner for MLE

Did anyone realise that Boston has 18 players for $80m committed? Is that true? What players are getting paid up!

Topic #34957 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Celtics salaries

Rondo $13m
Wallace $10m
Green $9m
Thornton $8m
Bass $7m
etc

Reply #484115 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

The figure for 15/16 plummets though.

Reply #484124 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Low risk, high reward signing really. Especially for a rebuilding team. I like it.

Reply #484136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh no issue for signing turner it's more I didn't realise they had so much $$$ on the books.

They have a few upcoming first rounders though don't they?

Reply #484138 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

he will thrive with rondo

Reply #484171 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Apparently its only for "a portion" of the MLE. No news on how many years yet either. As said above low risk signing of a player who has some ability, but has yet to find a good fit.

We'll see what happens, but Boston's coach is going to have a helluva time divvying up minutes for his perimeter players!

As stated above, a lot of salary comes off the books next season. To trade Pierce and KG and get those picks, Ainge did have to take back some bad contracts. Hump's is already gone, but Wallace has two years left.

The other thing to remember is that Ainge actually wants large expiring contracts on the roster to help him facilitate trades for star players. Hence Bogans, Thornton, Bass and Anthony are all trade bait this season.

From what I've read, the Celtics will just cut a couple of non-guaranteed contracts before the season starts to ensure they get under the luxury tax threshold.

Reply #484194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have to disagree with Dream with that one. Being a long time Philly fan I have studied Turner a fair bit. Is at his best with the ball in his hands. The ball will be in Rondo's hands so I'm not sure about the fit. That being said, I imagine he would be coming off the bench (another role he doesn't seem to like).

Reply #484230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree turner needs the ball had no perimeter game at all

Reply #484236 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754