Wookiee
Years ago

Chicago Bulls sign Cameron Bairstow

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bulls-sign-cameron-bairstow

Really great reward for all his hard work...

Topic #34958 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Rumours were true! Great work Bear!

"Per team policy, terms of the contract were not disclosed."

While initial rumours centered around a 3-yr deal, it is more likely a 2-yr deal.

Reply #484117 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Super effort...testimony to hard work

Reply #484121 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Actually, it is a 3-yr deal according to Geoff Grammer of Albuquerque Journal:

Chicago Bulls sign former Lobo Cameron Bairstow

Specific financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, but the Journal has confirmed the contract is for three years with the first year being fully guaranteed and year two of the contract being 50 percent guaranteed. The NBA's rookie minimum salary for the 2014-15 season is $507,000.

Reply #484123 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There's the word you want, guaranteed!

Reply #484125 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

How can something be 50% guaranteed? I really don't get the contract side of the NBA... does that mean if they don't take the option up on Cam, he still gets half the cash even if not on the team?

Reply #484132 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If he gets the opportunity and stays healthy I think they will renegotiate before the second year is up, great news for another hard working Aussie...

Reply #484133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wookiee, yes. For that year.

Reply #484140 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Wookiee, by way of example:

1. If the Bulls elect to waive Bairstow before the 14/15 season begins (for whatever reason) they will owe 100% of his 14/15 salary as it's fully guaranteed, 50% of his 15/16 salary and 50% of his 16/17 salary.

2. If Bairstow is waived after the 15/16 season then he will only be owed 50% of his 16/17 salary. He will have already earned 100% of his salaries for the 14/15 and 15/16 seasons.

If Bairstow were to be waived mid-season, how much he's owed might depend on whether this occurs before a certain date.

Reply #484141 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

It's my understanding once he's signed a guaranteed contract that he's signed for the year.. the only way they can get rid of him is trading him(since Chicago used there amnesty on Boozer). It doesn't mean he'll be on the roster alot tho since they'll prob have him play in the D League a bit.

The following season's he could be waived however with the 50% payout.

Reply #484173 | Report this post

GD  
Years ago

Even if the Bulls kept Boozer they couldn't amnesty Bairstow. Only contracts that were in effect when the last CBA was signed could be amnestied.

I also think he will be on the roster, once they sign Brooks they will have 12 guys under contract for the season, and the minimum is 13. I'm confident that Cam will play the 5th big role on the team this season, where he will play spot minutes in case of injury or in blowouts.

They are also less likely to move him off the roster as they would have to pay any other player more money, and the Bulls are tight with the wallet about that sort of thing.

Reply #484207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome! So happy for him! I love his game and how hard he works. Hopefully he gets some decent court time.

Reply #484252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:35 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754