Aussie Basketball Travellers Dunk Basketball Uniforms
NBL.TV - get it now!

Anon
Years ago

Under 18 Nationals 2015

AUSTRALIA'S next generation of international basketball stars will converge on Ballarat for the 2015 national under-18 championships.
Ballarat has defied the odds to secure the eight-day event in April - winning the bid despite the city not having a six-court complex.
Ballarat Basketball chief executive officer Peter Eddy said the city's experience in successfully running major basketball tournaments of this magnitude had been a major factor in attracting the championships.
He said while Ballarat did not have the facilities to match other major metropolitan and regional centres, Basketball Australia was well aware of the wider community support for a $21 million redevelopment of the Wendouree Sports and Events Centre to provide a multi-sport complex of international standard.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/2423879/2015-national-u18-basketball-titles-for-ballarat/?cs=63

Report this topic

Anonymous
Years ago
13:50 22 Jul 14

Reply #484176

re: Under 18 Nationals 2015

Good for Ballarat basketball, but their venue is a bit old hack. Did they need six courts, I don't think that many are needed, three is usually ample?

Report this post

Anonymous
Years ago
14:10 22 Jul 14

Reply #484184

Got to. E better than what Brisbane had and they still managed

Report this post

Bear
Years ago
15:55 22 Jul 14

Reply #484222

From memory NSW is very tough in this age group. I know teams change year after year, however they would probably be the bench mark for other teams to aspire to, in the mens division at least...

The women will again look to Victoria, NSW and Queensland as leading states, Vic metro again will be strong I think...

Report this post

Anonymous
Years ago
20:46 15 Aug 14

Reply #488346

How's the sa metro boys team looking?

Report this post

VP
Years ago
22:07 15 Aug 14

Reply #488355

Ballarat gets Nationals every couple of years. I think they had U14 Girls Clubs Nationals last year and I remember going watching U16 Nationals 5-6 years ago.

The games on Court 1 are outstanding to watch with the stands & bar/bistro overlooking the court.

I'll look forward to getting there in April.

Report this post

Anonymous
Years ago
23:53 11 Dec 14

Reply #506269

Anyone got their early favourites in the Men's and Women's?

Report this post

#Will Cooper
Years ago
00:19 12 Dec 14

Reply #506270

Canberra all the way.

Report this post

Reply to this topic

Name Email

Random name suggestion for anonymous posters: Rhea 31

Title
Rules: You must read the Terms of Use. No spam, no offensive material, no sniping at other clubs, no 'who cares?'-type comments, no naming or bashing under 18 players. Learn how to embed YouTube videos or tweets
Please proof-read your post before submitting as you will not be able to edit it afterwards.

Liam Flynn - basketball coaching and consulting
NBL.TV - Your team, live and free!

Recent Posts

NBL.TV - Your team, anytime, anywhere. Live and free*.

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:12 pm, Mon 23 Jan 2017 | Posts: 644,858 | Last 7 days: 1,699