Anon
Years ago

Under 18 Nationals 2015

AUSTRALIA'S next generation of international basketball stars will converge on Ballarat for the 2015 national under-18 championships.
Ballarat has defied the odds to secure the eight-day event in April - winning the bid despite the city not having a six-court complex.
Ballarat Basketball chief executive officer Peter Eddy said the city's experience in successfully running major basketball tournaments of this magnitude had been a major factor in attracting the championships.
He said while Ballarat did not have the facilities to match other major metropolitan and regional centres, Basketball Australia was well aware of the wider community support for a $21 million redevelopment of the Wendouree Sports and Events Centre to provide a multi-sport complex of international standard.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/2423879/2015-national-u18-basketball-titles-for-ballarat/?cs=63

Topic #34962 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good for Ballarat basketball, but their venue is a bit old hack. Did they need six courts, I don't think that many are needed, three is usually ample?

Reply #484176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got to. E better than what Brisbane had and they still managed

Reply #484184 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

From memory NSW is very tough in this age group. I know teams change year after year, however they would probably be the bench mark for other teams to aspire to, in the mens division at least...

The women will again look to Victoria, NSW and Queensland as leading states, Vic metro again will be strong I think...

Reply #484222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How's the sa metro boys team looking?

Reply #488346 | Report this post

VP  
Years ago

Ballarat gets Nationals every couple of years. I think they had U14 Girls Clubs Nationals last year and I remember going watching U16 Nationals 5-6 years ago.

The games on Court 1 are outstanding to watch with the stands & bar/bistro overlooking the court.

I'll look forward to getting there in April.

Reply #488355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone got their early favourites in the Men's and Women's?

Reply #506269 | Report this post

#Will Cooper  
Years ago

Canberra all the way.

Reply #506270 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754