phillip
Years ago

Is Ben Simmons a future no1 pick?

Lots of hype and seems to have no flaws. Will he go no! Will he dominate for ncaa?

Topic #34973 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Only time will tell...

Reply #484410 | Report this post

djmojofosho  
Years ago

#1 fo sho

Reply #484414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If LSU don't go to the ncaa tournament I'd imagine that would hurt his stock. They haven't made the tournament in a long time.

Why wouldn't he just come back to Australia now that he is ranked #1 for his age and hide until draft age. It seemed to work out pretty well for his good friend Dante.

Reply #484418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easy #1 and could be the best to come out of Australia. It will be the Simmons, Exum and Maker show.

Reply #484420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Way too early to tell but as of now, he's the favourite for number 1 in 2016. He's put on a lot of muscle and developed his game quite significantly. He'll get plenty of comparisons to Scottie Pippen/Grant Hill as time goes on.

Remember though, a lot of guys have been pegged as number 1 picks years before the draft and have slid down. Rudy Gay and Shabazz Muhammad come to mind.

Reply #484430 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Should and at this stage probably will go top 3.

Reply #484433 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think I read on here someone describing him as Michael Beasley without the weed / maturity problems, which is pretty spot on.

Reply #484477 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

depends ? he might keep growing

Reply #484489 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2014/07/21/lsu-ben-simmons-australia-2015-number-1

He's certainly getting all the right press in all the right places at the moment.

Reply #484525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is he really 6-10 now? Most places i've seen still say he's 6-8/6-9. If he can grow to 6-11 and become a genuine PF then i don't see him not going number 1 in 2016.

Reply #484558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd prefer him to be a 6'9 sf than a 6"10 pf.

Reply #484595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He still could (and probably is) going to play both but being a few inches taller and being a genuine passing, mobile pf will give him a higher ceiling.

Reply #484643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd prefer he didn't go #1.
He's going to be a tremendous player either way, but I'd rather he didn't have the pressure of being #1 to deal with

Reply #484704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd just prefer he end up in a situation where he can develop and be successful. Better going #1 to a halfway decently-run franchise than #2 to Sacramento.

Reply #484736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's going to be a top 5 pick regardless so there will be pressure on him anywhere he goes.

Reply #484738 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:27 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754