Anonymous
Years ago

SA Country U16 G

I have heard absolute debarkle with a control freak coach and manager not helped by the CEO who needs to step aside from such.
A lot of rebuilding of poor kids minds which were left in a very poor state.
When will they learn and appoint the better people for the position
Hidden agenda me thinks again

Topic #34975 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are you talking about?

Reply #484444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a stupid post.

Reply #484452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the poster is referring to the archaic coaching styles found widely in junior development basketball where the focus is not consistent with best practice and leaves kids cold.

Reply #484461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I always love the irony when someone goes into an only forum to anonymously attack an individual volunteer. Often this is done accusing them of "damaging kids minds", or similar, under veil of anonymity which lacks substance, meaning transparency etc.

When often the reality is that the bulk of the kids overachieve, have a fantastic life experience, make great friendships and learn that life isn't always smooth sailing. If you want to succeed it's about learning how to ride bumps along the way of not being selected, not getting court time, being corrected when you make mistakes etc.

If you have a legitimate issue surely the best way to address it would be through formal channels?

If you don't have a legitimate issue, then go for it! Sit behind your keyboard and post your vindictive, nasty diatribe about people actually doing good, whilst others read what you write, shake their heads and have some concerns for the person on the other side of the keyboard, as well as your offspring.

Reply #484470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

me thinks thou does protest too much

Reply #484480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA country advertising for coaches for next year

they advertise that coaches need to be part of their country programmes

why not open it up to everyone and get the best coach available

wouldnt that be a better option

Reply #484485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would considering country players can try out an be picked on Metro teams now. What's the deal there?

Reply #484516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To even make thing worse the kids that want to be selected for country cup teams will have to attend a camp held in NSW "Broken Hill". Good luck getting kids to trials, great idea! Port Lincoln is 9 hours away as is Roxby Downs and they are northern towns. Smart move Mr Ingham, more country kids will definitely trial for metro spots.

Reply #484544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#485 Majority of the SA Country coaches have nothing to do with the country program. They may have had some involvement years ago, most don't even coach anywhere anymore. So letting experienced metro coaches apply for jobs would certainly help the kids they coach!
I may be wrong but out of the four nationals coaches SAC had this year only one coaches at district level and that is Trudi Ireland with U12 girls!

Reply #484546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this has happened then SA Country is the SA B team now?

Reply #484550 | Report this post

Miami nice  
Years ago

Under 18 Country
Boys # M.Penno- Don't know what his connection to country is? Coached at Southern a few years back, unsure if he is coaching anywhere now?
Girls# P.Salter- I think he coached at Mavs several years ago, doesnt coach anyone currently. Lives I believe in Mount Barker??
Under 16 Country
Boys# B.Maculoch - Never heard of him????
Girls# T.Ireland - coaches U12 girls for Norwood, lives in Kadina?

Reply #484559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So not coaching a team week in week out that can't be good

Reply #484570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For coaching appointments - I believe the best applicant should get the job. Period. This "has to do Country programs" thing has to stop as it eliminates some very talented coaches from applying.
Metro used to be just as bad under the old regime - you pretty much had to do SASI to have any shot, and if you didn't you were labelled a "dud". Thankfully now that appears to be gone. Country should similarly catch up and pick the best coach available.

Reply #484615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#615 That will never happen! The council that run SA Country have no connection with who coaches, who the best candidates are etc. As previously posted most coaches that coach at country cup do zero in the program. This fact hurts the kids that are zoned to country, as the coaches are out of touch and are involved for the wrong reasons. D. Ingham has certainly sorted out the metropolitan side, results forthcoming at the recent nationals. He won't do the same for country due to the fact that it will be extremely difficult with those involved. Country will become the second division that it is seen as by those in the metro zone. I know of at least two country zoned girls that are moving inside the boundaries for this reason alone. Metro ball has NITP, better coaching and weekly contact with both David and Vicki. My daughter had teamates that are involved in NITP, both do individuals with the above mentioned and really love the weekly sessions. Because we are country zoned we get nothing but a local coach who only turns up when he wants!

Reply #484618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just throwing it out there but is it a good thing for SA Ball to have a stronger program where the better players across the whole state play and a weaker one for those in country areas to still get the chance to participate. What I am saying is if there was a way to concentrate coaching and playing resources from a cross the whole state into metro would this be the best thing for basketball?

If SA teams get teams making finals more often will this expose the best kids to more opportunities??

Reply #484621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The country program has been plagued with this problem for many years now. Junior players that were overlooked for selection that went on and were named in Aust. Junior squads. at U20 level. What you find is a culture of people who barely played the game, struggle with experience, and are generally clueless getting put in positions to coach kids who know more than the coach. In recent years these young coaches also allow themselves to be influenced by pushy, nosey parents and make poor decisions. They also fight, backstab and undermine each other, and now some are facing there own music.

SAC is a club at the moment, not really a national program and Dave Ingham will hit his head against the wall in wonder for many years into the future trying to bring about change. Maybe the Albury gravy train should be a starting point.

Until then a lot of decent young players will choose to sit out and not get involved, as they have in recent years.

SAC is run by PARENTS

Reply #484622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many country players and their parents put in an extraordinary amount of extra effort in trying to attain a standard of basketball that will be competitive at National Championships. Most attend extra practices and some travel to Adelaide to play regularly in the District Competition. I guess they feel they deserve coaches that will give them a reasonable chance of success .

Reply #484626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There wouldn't be any country "State" coaches that would come close to a look in with Metro teams. Sad for the kids but very true.

Reply #484691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country cup is a very poor tournament that mainly caters for social times! Many years ago this tournament was considered a fairly decent "country" version of nationals, unfortunately those days are long gone due to the success of the ECC and SCC. Country cup is really now just a money making junket for those that run it.

Reply #484746 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754