Panther
Years ago

Predictions...

I know we are not at the end of the season just yet but I just wanted to revisit some earlier posts....

Some predictions at the start of the season...

From Libertine&.
In the Mens,
Norwood
Forestville
Sturt
North
then daylight.
Centrals, Southern fighting for fifth.
South, West, Eastern, in limbo.
Woodville, especially after losing Ng, for bottom.
[Mod: Sorry Eastern fans!]

Asked who will win the wooden spoon this year&

Isaac..

"Woodville should edge out South and West in the men."

Geez...how wrong can some people be!!! ;p

Topic #3499 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

Feeling a bit smug today are we Panther? You beat a Sturt team with two of their best players still not in top nick ..lets see how your South guys do in the finals ..

My prediction is it will be a Woodville and Forestville GF this year !!

Reply #40383 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

That's a good prediction Skyhook. I was thinking the same GF but I would tip Forrestville to get up with Dix to got boonta and get a HSA of like 70.

I don't think South will have a real chance of getting too far in the finals (Sorry Panther).

Be interesting to see if Sturt can rebound and get some momentum (I think they can) but will fall just short of making the GF.

Reply #40386 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Indeed we had a big win, and yes I am feeling a bit smug. Don't worry Skyhook, we're still very focused on getting to the finals first before we worry about anything else.
By the way, I didn't want to leave you out or anything so here you are...

Skyhook's predictions on top five...

Men

North
Centrals
Forestville
Norwood
West

...and where Woodville will finish up..."Woodville to finish top 7 ... maybe"

Seems even you have changed your picks! ;)

Reply #40387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If I didn't predict Panther finishing #1 for fouls, then everyone was certainly thinking it. And you came good for us. ;)

I'm not ashamed about the Woodville call -- they added a 20 and 10 import during the season, changed coaches and Paul Rees wasn't signed unless I'm mistaken. They lost a lot of talent last year, anyone would have to admit. Also, Southern lost Matt Clarke yet are only one off Centrals or North (who many tipped to win it all).

Did you find your predictions while you were snooping around? :P

Norwood getting the spoon despite having more or less the same talent throughout the season has been the big disappointment, IMO.

Heard of "woofing"? I think this instance from you has pretty much guaranteed South loss after loss from here on if the Laws of Woofing hold true.

Reply #40394 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Ha ha ha... I was careful to point out that the season isn't over yet to try and offset some of that "woofing" karma.
I just wish you would get rid of players who are no longer playing from the stats so I would also be winning fouls per 48 minutes!

Reply #40395 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

How many fouls you averaging a game these days Panther?

Reply #40396 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I think i've dropped down a bit to 4.8 per game.
I'm a bit disappointed with my stats foul wise at the moment as i've had a look around and I think i'm only sitting 5th for the whole ABA (funny enough the four guys beating me are all based in the QABL).

Reply #40404 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

aahhaah, 4.8 bit slack Panther. Just don't think your playing hard enough!! hehehehe

Reply #40407 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Panther,
Woodville have, as Isaac said, been a different team to what we expected.

North have underachieved -- i blame the Veterans for not being good team players and helping the young 'uns along.

Centrals have been hurt by injury and were the danger team for many weeks.

Norwood .. my heart is broken this year.. enough said.

Forestville and West .. are on track for a finals campaign ... although Norwood will beat West in the next match (last game was a thrashing!!)

I doubt very much that we will see Panther holding up any trophy this year .. unless Dougie wants to give out a "Golden Mugger" Hard Fouls Award.. in which case you are the favourite ;0

Reply #40417 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So you seem to have an excuse for every team there Skyhook, and for your information Dougie dropped off that award a couple of weeks back already!

Reply #40418 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Re Dougie ... he will be the PRESENTER .. not the recipient.

Clearly 6 fouls in 48 minutes is an achievement .. something to tell your kids about im sure .

We'll see how you go this week against Woodville ..

Reply #40425 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

The whole season has been pretty Unpredicable ... Would have thought North would have done better .... Who would have thought Woodville at the start of the season would be a Grandfinalist Favourite .... Sturt and Forestville have been the only teams who have lived up to there Predictions... Who would have thought west would be in the finals results after they got spanked by 50 in the first round.... Norwood there was so much hype with rupert coming in as coach they by far have been the disapointment of the season in my opinion...

Reply #40433 | Report this post

Centrals are the team that didn't live up to their hype this year, with their 'all-star but-we'll-beat-Sturt-by-25-when-i'm-sitting-on-the-bench-with-fouls' Watson, Reggie and Wilkey, they really should of done better

Reply #40466 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Fairplay, I will stand corrected!!

I was thinking about this exact kind of post about two weeks ago, waiting for someone to bring that up. Jinxed my boys I did.

Reply #40478 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Skyhook, I said that Dougie dropped off the golden mugger award to me a couple of weeks ago, which would make him the ...PRESENTER and me the...RECIPIENT!

Reply #40493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the womens league. Will Jenny Screen and Erin Phillips be around for the finals or will they be off at Opals things

Reply #40504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This being the case, I think that Sturt have a good chance but it really is pretty even across the board

Reply #40505 | Report this post

Feminist  
Years ago

West have got it in the bag. It should b a pretty good contest though

Reply #40506 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

Ahh feminist, as confident as you were saturday night i see!

Reply #40507 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Lloyd, thedoctor was consulting Saturday night. I made a group diagnosis and wrote the necessary prescriptions.

Reply #40508 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

I heard, am disapointed the script did not make it back to crushers! always next time.

Reply #40512 | Report this post

D. Brent  
Years ago

yeah whatever feminist.

Reply #40544 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754