Anonymous
Years ago

Screeny retires from Opals

Who takes her place in the team?
Hard to replace defensively. All the new kids are offensively focused.
Big loss ahead of Worlds!

Topic #35016 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would she retire before Worlds unless she didn't think she would make it? Otherwise surely it has been a waste of time for her to attend all of these camps, potentially taking somebody elses spot?

Reply #485349 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Anon 485349 - another Jenny Screen hater (or so it seems).
The haters will come out of the woodwork over this
I have seen Jenny play over her whole career and she has always been the ultimate competitor.
So I say to you all - read the article and letter on Boty's website and then STFU.

Reply #485360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually, not a hater at all. Just very confused as to "why now"?

Reply #485361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Valid point

Reply #485362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watch her last opals game

http://oh-en.com/oh-en/basketball/national-team/2014-friendlymatch/1312

Reply #485367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no hate. . just also confused at the timing.. also unsure as to why it was only a few weeks short of worlds..and at the end of a tour.
she will be sorely missed in this campaign. they could definately use her experience in turkey in whats a relatively young group.
in saying this her spot could have been taken by someone who will actually be at worlds..as these games are valuable preparation for worlds.
well done jenny on a phenomenal opals career.

Reply #485372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great player over her career but it was time to make way.

Reply #485387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm not a superstar but rather a star within a group that through my hard work and selfless demeanour, maybe allowed others to excel and be superstars."

Cringe...

Reply #485393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does seem very strange to go through all the camps and selections, go on this tour and then announce her retirement just before worlds. Perhaps she realised it was not going to be a productive one for her under Joyce. But absolute grace in her retirement speech. She's had a great career

Reply #485432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps Joyce was kind enough to give her the heads up that she was unlikley to make the final team so she could get a nice send off.

Reply #485433 | Report this post

being honest, she is over rated.
Last year in the wnbl was average, her positive is hard work, throws her body on the line etc but skill wise certainly not up to international hoops

has had an honest career, but her ego is bigger than her selfless attitude she claims to have

Reply #485645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jenni has been a valuable contributor to Australian basketball but in two minds about her speech/ letter. Very heart felt but if it is that personal why was it made public almost as soon as she had made it? It appears she wanted the attention. I may be incorrect but I would feel something so personal like this would be kept between those involved.
Having said that, if every player had her competitiveness Australia would be in even better shape.

Reply #485648 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754