Let the guessing begin....

Topic #35017 | Report this topic

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Import Big and Rhys Carter

Reply #485365 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Daequon Montreal suggested in another thread as the import.

What are peoples thoughts on him?

Reply #485366 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I am not impressed by this teams additions.. Wilson? Crawford? Some SEABL guy? I mean come on!

Reply #485368 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

I would imagine Rhys Carter will be back. low points, and solid backup PG/SG. Montreal is an interesting one, I would imagine Joey wanting to continue a theme with Shooting big men. stretch the floor a bit more, allow Schensher more space in the middle. Although I hope he improves on the 35% from 3pt as he seems to put a few up each game.

Reply #485369 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

I dont think it will be Carter.

Shooting guard is the last position we need another back up for.

Reply #485370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Tornado - Dude dropped 46 in the SEABL grand final last year going head to head with Titus Robinson who was unofficially known as the best defensive stopper at the 3/4 spot. T-Rob played some D-League over the off season and is a great player so proves DQ can match it, and beat the best at this level.

This season he's taken a back seat to Tony Lewis who quite clearly is having an MVP calibre year. Montreal is still getting his 20 points and isn't even getting out of third gear.

He's strong on the defensive end, doesn't mind shutting down an athletic big and will be the best franchise player to get out into the community and make good relationships.

Super cost effective as-well. And should have been signed instead of whatshis name Frye? Who was injured all season before being released.

I'd also like to see other teams take a look at Ken Horton from Ballarat and Damie/an Johnson from Mt Gambier as second imports.

Reply #485380 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Wright said import spot is between 2-3 guys of which they are negotiating with at the moment. Announcement to be made next week.

Reply #485381 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

The import spots this year should have gone to a SF and C. No need for Wilson.
Lewis* / Schenscer
Petrie / Anthony
Stud Import* / Creek
Crawford / Teys
Gibson / Carter

Tony Lewis would come cheap and we could sign one of the many talented undrafted free agents at the SF spot.

Reply #485383 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Montreal is a 6'8 combo forward who averaged around 11 & 5 at Boise State in his senior year. Nice mid-range jumpshooter, defends well, gets up and down the floor well.

While he hasn't played at this level before, neither have many imports who come here, and Montreal's strengths are a good fit for Joey's system.

No doubt there would be question marks until he proved himself, but writing a player off because they're a SEABL import or NZNBL import is just ignorant.

Reply #485385 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

If it is Montreal expect a midseason import change whether it's Wilson or Montreal.

Reply #485388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage is the greatest case

Reply #485390 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Redhage and Carter unlikely. The Sixers would be looking for a 3 and a 5. Carter not really a 3 man, but Teys could swing into the 3 spot and then have Carter for a guard?

Import / Schenscher
Petrie / Anthony
Import / Creek
Gibson / Crawford
Wilson / Teys

It's a bit left field but what about one of the imports that has been playing CABL?

Reply #485395 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think he meant a good case of not judging someone by the league they played in recently. Brian Conklin another good example from last year.

Reply #485399 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

These two import signings really dont move the needle much. Adelaide will drop out of the 4, unless Montreal really is a diamond in the rough and his game translates ridiculously well to the next level.

Also, extra minutes for Petrie is not a bad thing at all.

Are Schensch and Peach staring?

How is this rotation going to work?

Reply #485406 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Surprised the sixers are going to sign a SEABL Import as I would've thought Johnson leaving would've freed up money to get a gun.

Reply #485409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie / Schenscher
DQ / Anthony
Creek / Crawford
Gibson / Carter
Wilson / Teys

How many points is that?

Reply #485414 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Reply #485415 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I dont mind the idea of signinf DQ, as i like the idea of getting a import sf/pf who can shoot, play d and have some good athleticism, he seems to fit the bill, a bit of kb 2.0 as far of style goes imo. I also think Creek and DQ give us good athleticsim and versatility in forward spots which will be good in a fast tempo style which Joey likes to play.

Joey has done well with guys like Dusty, Wortho, Hudson playing C in the past, so i have no problem with Petrie starting C, and we have Schenscher who can play solid mins at C and gives us some legit size. This is exactly what i was hoping they would do, a import swingman and aussie guard i would almost always avoid import C's with NBL money, its very hard to get a good one.

Reply #485417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting. Would this actually be a Frye/Carter replacement rather than a Johnson replacement? Perhaps they have another big name up their sleeves?

Reply #485418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

same as last season, people bagged the team all the way to a Grand Final. Joey knows how to put a team together and make them work, has been doing it well for 10 years.

Wilson better than Ervin
Montreal better than Frye

Not many other teams right now look to have improved much except maybe Melb (who had to)

Reply #485419 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I should clarify. Not in terms of position, just talent level-wise.

Reply #485420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are they likely to announce the import signing?

Reply #485422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Dean has got his wish to keep the budget super tight and money in the bank, while it may not please some it's hard to argue with the club putting sensible spending ahead of high priced flashy imports. Let's just hope Joey can put his off season negativity to the side and will buy into building this group into a contender

Reply #485424 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"So Dean has got his wish to keep the budget super tight and money in the bank, while it may not please some it's hard to argue with the club putting sensible spending ahead of high priced flashy imports."

^This.

Reply #485426 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

Rhys Carter is not doing anything special in SEABL this year and seems a waste of money even for Knox . It is all about Carter trying to shoot 3pointers and not much about helping the team.

DQ is a completely different story and would be an excellent addition to 36ers. For those who are concerned it will be another CJ experience do not worry this guy is fit , smart ,can shoot the lights out and is a team player.

Mitch Creek is learning a lot at the Spectres - but still needs to realise he can not alone take on all of the opposition players . His shooting from 3point is improving well .

Reply #485431 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wilson better than Ervin
Montreal better than Frye

? better than Johnson?

Boti has suggested that the last spot could go to Daly?

Didn't the Bullets see success one year running Rychart as centre and bringing the veteran Bradtke off the bench?

Reply #485434 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Plus it's not like the club hasn't spent up pretty big on local talent either, you have to keep that in mind... It's not like it's a team of local scrubs relying on two expensive imports to make the difference...

we could sign one of the many talented undrafted free agents at the SF spot

Not sure what list of free agents you're looking at, but the SF is possibly the position most lacking in options this time around...

Reply #485435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This proposed team seems a lot cheaper then last years team.

I'd say Wilson would have signed for less money then Ervin and they haven't really replaced the money DJ would have been earning.

That said, they should be finals calibre.

Reply #485436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure we're our biggest weakness rebounding has been fixed. Happy with Wilson, Crawford as a spot up shooter but I would get a john Williamson type, a 4 that can shoot, rebound, throw it down and MVP quality.

Reply #485437 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I personally dont mind a roster of

Petrie/Schenscher
Creek/Anthony
Montreal/Teys
Gibson/Crawford
Wilson/Daly

Its quite similar in style of players to Joeys Bullets and Blaze teams, so should work well

I think its pretty well rounded and versatile, and no huge weaknesses imo, and a bit more athleticism and shooting than last season, which could make a difference.

Everone should check out Montreals SEABL grand final from last season its on youtube in the SEABLS channel, remember Redhage came from the SEABL and has been great at NBL standard, so i wouldnt rule out Montreal being a good player just because he comes from the SEABL, i think getting guys from the SEABL/NZ is something more clubs should do, Pace and Conklin were both from NZ last season and where as good as most imports last season, and you can get them at a decent price too, which is a positive.

I wouldnt say any of the moves have been massive upgrades but id say overal this roster sits at a similar level to last seasons, which was a GF team, will be interesting to see how the changes impact the team and also how much others have improved, on paper Melbourne and NZ look to have added a MVP contending import and could be improvers, with most other teams being at similar level to last season imo.

Will be a close league again, looking forward to the season.

Reply #485438 | Report this post

DJ's Away  
Years ago

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-coach-joey-wright-has-sights-set-on-seabls-daequon-montreal/story-fnii09ki-1227006152494?nk=5db570540ce0325e88d33c1895bc1764

Reply #485439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe a marquee player is too come?

Reply #485440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

70 points. So does a marquee player attract no points?

Reply #485444 | Report this post

Jono  
Years ago

DQ is a great get. Joey loves guys who can play multiple positions and gives him flexibility. He is big time athlete, has high hoops IQ, can shoot 3 and really pass...... Will be the surprise of nbl. Can play 3,4 and some 5.... As someone posted earlier have you seen the 46 pt performance in the seabl grand final? If not have a look. Creek and him are elite athletes and will be fun to watch together... If they play Petrie, Creek and DQ together, will be match up nightmare for other teams... Can't wait to see DQ on floor.

Reply #485448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I will take an educated guess and say that caught the attention of more than one NBL coach."

Montreal was the difference-maker all game as Dandenong raced to an early lead, Mount Gambier's All Star Five selection, Brad Hill, in early foul difficulty.

The Rangers had the lead out to 17 (41-24) during the second quarter before Tom Daly rallied the Pioneers.

Daly, last year's Woollacott Medallist in South Australia and this year's SEABL Australian Youth Player award winner, had a big game for Mount Gambier, finishing with 22 points at 53 per cent, four assists, two rebounds and a steal.

I'll take Daly and Montreal thank you very much and hope Joey comes back with something else just as special from the states.

Reply #485453 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon #485453 - "I'll take Daly and Montreal thank you very much and hope Joey comes back with something else just as special from the states".

What else is Joey going to bring back from the states...we have 2 imports?

Rebounding looks to be the glaring weakness with this team but hopefully they can address that with hustle, toughness and athleticism.

Reply #485480 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

DQ reminds me alot of James Crawford.Long lean and athletic.He will surprise a few people, not the ones that have seen him play

Reply #485481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is no Redhage though!! Redhage averaged 35 and 15 in SEABL.

Reply #485487 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

Great fit for the 36ers and great to see DQ finally get an opportunity after coming close last year. He will thrive under Joey.

Reply #485488 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Strikes me as taking the safe option.

Reply #485490 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Redhages stats were for 48min game and he was the primary scorer on that team.

Reply #485493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Although he played only two seasons of SEABL competition, Redhages' numbers are impressive: across 57 SEABL games, he racked up a remarkable 34.8 points, 14.4 rebounds, 3.1 assists and 2.1 steals per game. Additionally, he was 2-time Conference MVP, 2-time League Leading scorer, 2-time League leading rebounder, 2-time SEABL All-star and a 2-time Conference championship game MVP.

Reply #485495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must have been a quiet Summer League

Reply #485496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DQ=Career

80 games

REB-6.9
Ass-1.6
Points-21.2

Reply #485497 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

Dont be fooled by his height, has massive reach, more like a 6'11 player.
Great guy for team chemistry, highly coachable.

Reply #485504 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

All recruits/proposed recruits bring better rebounding.

I like the idea of Daly as a back up point, fills a need for speed and covers the point spot well.

Re where to get recruits from, i recall that one Mark Davis was recruited out of the NZ NBL by Ken Cole.

Reply #485507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this has to be a tight budget team, wollongong may even spent more. Good luck for finals with this team in my opinion as others have substantially improved.
People underestimate the games ervin and DJ won on their own, they put the team on their backs more often than not. No matter what you say about ervin he put 100% effort in each night trying to win, he clearly hated losing - cant say i saw that with basically the same team the year before.
I will miss watching him play so hope wollongong pick him up as he is great for the league.

Reply #485508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guesses:

Petrie 120/ Schenscher 140
Montreal 80/Anthony 40
Creek 80/ Crawford 80
Gibson 140/ Teys 40
Wilson 140/

$860 with one spot left. If that's Carter you would think he would be around $70-80K considering he could make good money in Sweden.

Last year's guesses:

Johnson 160/ Schenscher 140
Petrie 120/Anthony 40
Frye 60/ Creek 60
Gibson 140/ Teys 40
Ervin 120/ Cadee 100

$980

Reply #485513 | Report this post

Solid Moves  
Years ago

Does anyone have a guess or idea of when this will be announced... if it's happening that is

Reply #485514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way Ervin was on less than Wilson.

Reply #485516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Petrie was on more than DJ. Yep, that's right.

Reply #485517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ was nowhere near $160k either...

Cadee was on about $90k, Creek about $70k.

Big Luke was the biggest earner last year I think.

Reply #485518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

S O S !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #485519 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

So where is all the extra cash going?

Given the assumed differential in cost per personnel between last years and this years team...and the extra $150K+ the club gets from removing the members loyalty discount on season tickets...where is it going?

I'm not having a go....especially as I dont have the intel on the balance sheet of a ball club, I just dont understand where the extra expense is going compared to previous seasons?

Reply #485526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is going into keeping the club alive. It has been bleeding cash for years and almost collapsed once.

Reply #485528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The extra cash is going to stop the club from going broke.

A fiscally smart decision to Save Our Sixers

Reply #485529 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

1 player restructured his deal last season for the team to work ie took less last year to be topped up this year

No one was prepared to do the same this season

Hence the cheaper looking team.

As has been proven in the past a cap busting team doesn't equal automatic success

Reply #485532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the rumour of this signing isn't true the vast majority of SEABL imports aren't playing in the NBL for a reason especially concerning given the CJ Massingale mistake.

We need height and I don't feel comfortable going with a 6'8" 'centre' in Petrie either.

If the last roster spot goes to Ingles okay but looks like we're running with a pretty cheap roster this season.

Reply #485538 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I know Ervin played for less than normal last season too.

I have no issue with it if its to keep the club alive.

However, DJ was contracted so they would have had to pay him his salary if he didnt choose to opt out....why not put that back into the roster?

Reply #485539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So loosing games saves money? The proposed team won't make the finals. You can't loose your two best players (that the club would have known from a long way out) and replace them with either players in there twilight or a guy that has been overlooked at other teams. I'm glad he gets a chance and I hope he does well but from a business decision this is not good. Unless he can rebound like ennis he is not what the team needs.

Reply #485540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get the best people you can with the funds available.
I dont get what joey has been doing at summerleagures if we are gonna sign DQ???

ultimately winning = $$$$$$ i just dont see them winning much this season if the roster stays as is

Reply #485546 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

We have the marquee rule yet teams are more boring if anything than last year

Reply #485547 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Montreal looks okay to me actually. Impossible to know how he'll go in the NBL, but at least he can shoot and play some defence.

He and Petrie are going to need to put up some points next season if the Sixers are going to make the playoffs, so I hope Joey's found a diamond in the rough!

The other good thing is that he's young and unlikely to disappear to Europe or the NBA in a year, so if he works out, he's the kind of import you could keep around for a few years to build an identity with the fans.

Looks like there's one spot left with minimal points available, so Daly has to be a strong chance. Would be good to see a second South Aussie on the team, whoever it is.

Reply #485548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 points left. Carter, Harvey and Bruton all fit if there is cash.

Reply #485550 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Marquee rule makes no difference until clubs start breaking even and turn profits
7/8 clubs exist on philanthropy so unless ego kicks in for an owner, big name players still will not be signed

Reply #485551 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Speaking to somebody who was at the Summer League tournament, he described it as like buying racehorses.The best stuff goes to Europe and we are trying to pick up a bargain buy for around 100k.A keen eye and a little bit of luck is required.There was a separate camp run by NBL coaches but the player talent was SEABL level.Joey would of been looking to get an upgrade on Montreal but couldnt get it considering his budget. Montreal will be a very good acquisition for Adelaide and the crowd will love him. He will also be in game shape having just finished SEABL finals.

Reply #485552 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

However, DJ was contracted so they would have had to pay him his salary if he didnt choose to opt out....why not put that back into the roster?
DJ elected to leave and play elsewhere. No one owes anyone anything.

The money that could've been spent is not being spent, presumably in the interest of staying financial. So be it. If you know a sponsor willing to inject extra money to bring in a big signing, I imagine the club would be all ears.

As for the marquee rule, it was obvious that only a minority of clubs would be in a position to take advantage of it. I don't know why anyone's surprised.

Reply #485553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is clearly budgetary constraints a bit galling for the members I would think given all the extra revenue the Sixers made last season from the playoffs (2 SF games and sold-out GF game).

I'm still holding out hope this is just a rumour as this team will be fortunate to make the playoffs

Reply #485554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the club still didnt break even with the crowds they had last year, even with finals games. There was no extra money, a best there would have been just a lil bit less debt.

Need 6000 people as an average to breakeven. 3 finals games, 2 with a very low attendance and one sell out would not have made up the difference.

Reply #485569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DQ's a great player in the SEABL, let hope he goes well in the NBL.

Reply #485572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good thing about getting a player like DQ is that you know he is in game shape from the SEABL and he should adjust to the extra speed and size of the nbl at the blitz.

Players straight from the NCAA can often start slow in the nbl as they have just been playing pickup and finishing off study.

Reply #485577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Montreal will be a great pick up for us, not only will his athletics compliment our roster but he can make consistent outside shot.
46pts in a GF is massive and his highlight real is very impressive. Great length and can defend.

This has been a low risk move by Joey and will pay off big time if the group clicks.

3 votes Joey and if the announcement comes well deserved opportunity for Montreal.

Reply #485584 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I wish DQ's transition to the NBL all the best.

Its tough that the Sixers have to tighten purse strings, but if required, then this is a prudent business decision for the club. No arguments.

I cannot help but think the funds gone into sending Joey to the US was then a waste.

I can imagine such a process is not cheap.

You need fans to rock up if you want to build a profitable club.

But I also feel you need the excitement, entertainment (and wins) to draw them.

Reply #485593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Ingles or Nevill will be signed? From what I understand if DJ wanted back in we would have signed him. It seems we about to announce the signing of a SEABL import proberly at a quarter of the cost. If we are tightening the budget why would we have continued to chase DJ? I would understand the DQ signing if Ingles or Nevill were in the pipeline but we are maxed in our points.

Reply #485600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ cant stand Dean and was never coming back so his pay was never going to have to get spent

Dean wants to cut as much spending as possible so he was fine with DJ leaving and the resultant savings.

Joey however wasn't and certainly wasn't happy with actually having a budget to work to rather than an open cheque book - He actually asked to be released to go to Sydney but wasn't given a release so resigned himself to another year in SA and is now putting together the best he can with the $ he's got.

While some may scream tight arse and disharmony its hard to argue when you break it down to basics

The GM is doing all he can to ensue the club is competitive while also being financially responsible and tryingto get/keep the club in the black.
The coach wasn't happy with financial restrictions being placed on his recruiting so investigated other options, those turned out to be unattainable so he is now doing his best with what hes got.

As has been said above Daequon is versatile, has great basketball IQ and is very coachable. This makes him exactly what Joey likes and means he should fit seamlessly into a team which displayed excellent chemistry last year and were 1 win off winning the title. While the off season may not have been filled with star studded announcements its been a very solid result and should prove a great success for the club both short and long term, and that can only be a good thing

Reply #485605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How is going from 1 win away from a title to looking like not making top 4 help the club short term.?? Loosing games = less fans through the door = less money made. I'm fine with having to tighten things up a bit but this roster sucks. What happens when Luke gets into foul trouble or injured? Can't win with peach at centre. Poor on the club for not bringing in a balanced team.

Reply #485606 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Seems either way the club is going to lose money?!

Might as well spend, build on the progress from last season and be a chance at a Championship...and cross your fingers you bring in more consistent fans.

In Adelaide wins equal fans, losses don't.

As the old saying goes....you've got to spend money to make money.

Reply #485607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You've got to spend money to make money is right. Not sure how this roster is either going to have the same numbers coming back or improve crowds. You would've thought lessons were learned in the Marty Clarke era vs a GF team last season.

Very unfortunate news if true that Joey Wright tried to get out of his contract.

Reply #485609 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Be patient, lets see Montreal and the team play first before writing them off.

Remember after the 2001 season we lost Mee, Brooks, Davis, Maley, etc and we re-tooled with a unknown import guard Farley, who reportedly wasnt on big bucks, Matt Garrison a role playing import forward who came mid season, and a bunch of young locals.

That roster would have been possibly cheaper than what we are putting together this season and was worse on paper imo. The coaches even went to the board and asked for patience saying this is a re-building year. Guess what we won the title, largely due to good coaching and great team chemistry and a good blend of youth and a few vets. We have that same sort of mix again.

So we have replaced DJ, Ervin, Frye/Carter, Cadee with Wilson, Crawford, Montreal and Daly, yes on paper that looks like a big down grade, but overall i dont think its as bad as it looks. We should be a better shooting team, and have a bit more athleticism and versatility.

Wilson for Ervin to me is a break even move, and im a Ervin fan, potentially a upgrade if he plays a more 'team game' that many fans were wanting Ervin to do.

Montreal should be a upgrade on Frye/Carter and if we get a bit more scoring out of Petrie, Gibson, Schenscher and the additions of Crawford and Daly i think we can cover the big loss of DJ and i think Daly will be good in Cadees role. We just have to play a different brand of ball and get a more team/even contribution instead of relying on 2 guys to score around 20pts a game.

I think our roster is well rounded and legit 2 deep at every spot, i dont think you need 2 7 footers in the NBL so am fine with Petrie, BJ and Schenscher sharing the C spot and having Schenscher means we have one of the biggest guys in the NBL.

To me its not all doom and gloom, i would have loved us to get a stud import, but am intrigued to see what DQ brings, and i think he can be a decent import if not a stud and gives us the shooting and athleticism we needed in that spot.

If these moves were required to keep the club alive financially, then thats the way it is, id much rather have this line up than no line up, and look teams like Cairns, Wollongong, Townsville have been on tighter budgets and all have made finals and 2 of them GFs in the lest few years.

I for one look forward to the season and encourage all fans to get along to as many games as they can!

Reply #485610 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Good post Jonno. Good comparison to the last premiership. I hope you are right!

#485605 - where do you get your info? DJ hating Dean, no money to spend on replacing DJ, Wright wanting to leave.........very strong statements without any obvious support?

Reply #485611 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Re: Joey asking to go to Sydney.

Would Sydney even have that much more $ to work with than the Sixers?

I would take the talent the Sixers have above what the Kings have now .

Reply #485614 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

#485605, so what you are saying is that the 36ers have a coach for the 2014/15 season who does not want to be or coach in the Adelaide, great stuff.

Reply #485617 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Doubt that is true

Reply #485624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey is all about Joey!!!

Reply #485626 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

It might be time for a sales pitch to the Shahin family who own the On The Run servos. If we had cash this could be our team. Ingles on the marquee rule. 2 quality imports. Yes, I know this is a pipe dream squad, but it could be possible with some $$$
Johnson / Schenscer
Petrie / Anthony
Ingles / Creek
Gibson / Import
Import / Teys

Reply #485627 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

It is definitely time for a cash injection. That squad could of been ours this year but Dean Parker wanted to tighten the purse strings and put a sub-par squad on the floor and he did. Not going to end well for him.

Reply #485628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Petrie will be fine at C, this is a small league, plus we have a legit 7 footer off the bench. Even some NBA teams use a PF at C (Miami Heat, Bosh)...

Reply #485632 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

How many NBL teams actually use a 6'10" + player as their focus on offense???
If they do use one, can that player guard Petrie on the other end?

I think it would even out, maybe rebounding will be an issue if the opponent has multiple tall rebounders.
But Creek and Montreal should be able to help with rebounding.

For defence Wilson, Creek and Montreal could be very good. A lot of steals and fast breaks :)

Reply #485637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Montreal=Massinghale(?) from a few years ago. I hope not!!

Reply #485649 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

On the basis of favourable posts in this thread, Montreal being a Sixer (or the likelihood of, no official announcement has been made yet) appears more popular than when CJ was announced. See for yourself

http://www.hoops.com.au/forum/29297-cj-massingale-officially-signs-with-adelaide/

Reply #485680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another 5 years, save the money then try and buy another Championship, maybe 2020.Hopefully DJ is ready to come back then.
We were close this year!!!

Reply #485681 | Report this post

What if  
Years ago

CJ or DQ .

There is no comparison in what Adelaide will get .

CJ was a great player who came to Adelaide at the end of his career and the coach had no idea or of how to use his talent.

DQ is still on his way up and JW has a completely different approach to his players and will know now to make him part of the team.

Reply #485682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Adam Doyle just announced that DQ had signed with Adeliade on the SEABL preview show so i guess its now "official".

Reply #485685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CJ was a minimum wage player and the NBL was way too fast for him.

Reply #485703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cj was indeed on the end of his seabl career and the NBL found him out. You only need to see CJ play for the Spartans to know how old he now plays. Nothing to do with Clarke except he should have known better to select him.

Reply #485723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Flog should be able to let everyone know! Has DQ signed with the 36ers???

Please come out of hiding!

Reply #485737 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:10 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754