;
Years ago

SA Junior Coaches 2014/2015

So with trials coming up in the next couple of weeks is there much movement or any announcement of coaches for next year?

Topic #35027 | Report this topic

Years ago

was only just wondering that myself - trials are close so at least head coaches should know.

Reply #485687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another Div 1 coach from Norwood moving over to Centrals.

Reply #485700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you referring to the coach that's already at centrals now?

Reply #485706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many coaches have gone from Norwood to Centrals?

Reply #485709 | Report this post

euro40  
Years ago

Pete Berry and Sapwell I think. Maybe Pete's brother who might have coached at Norwood for a little while as well?

I assume the poster is referring to Pete who has actually been there for a while now. Last I heard he is now coaching the under 18s.

Reply #485711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah ok thanks for that guess it's a change as didn't a few go from centrals to Norwood few years back?

Reply #485712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only the country coaches who I believe were no longer required at Centrals anyway.

Reply #485713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood getting a cracker under 16 div 1 boys coach, my bet is he lasts 4 weeks

Reply #485731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

731, tell us more!

Reply #485732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern under 16 div 3 or 4 coach

Reply #485733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are so many coaches leaving Norwood? Rumour is most of their Div 1 boys coaches are not going on. That on top of the one who already left.

Reply #485734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that a bad thing though? Norwood seem to be going backwards and backwards. It's time we had a clean out.

Reply #485739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice try but the problem is it's the wrong coaches. Norwood always seem to be good in under 16 and Under 18 Boys but they are the coaches who keep leaving.

You lost your Under 18 coach and now the coach who replaced him who won State Champs is leaving as well.

If you want to clean out the crap then fine but it's your best coaches who keep leaving.

Reply #485743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't the new 18s coach on the new committee? That seems pretty strange!!
ps Norwood said the exact same thing last year about their 16 1s coach...

Reply #485750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well I guess he WAS on the new committee then. Off to Centrals is the word.

Reply #485752 | Report this post

mario milano  
Years ago

get the thread back on track - does anyone know any junior coaching panels / line ups yet ?

Reply #485759 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

mario..the answer is probably no

out of respect to those still coaching in-season Club's won't announce replacements and disrupt teams in the run ups to Finals..

quite sensible really

Reply #485760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

be announcements on sunday for a club

Reply #485767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't most clubs got trials coming up?
I don't think most clubs would officially have named their coaches yet.

Reply #485770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not officially but div 1 coaches would know who they are before trials. It would be nice of parents knew so we could figure out which club we needed to commit to...

Reply #485776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

club hopper

Reply #485778 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

A few seasons ago one club was lampooned for preparing a "prospectus" on their Div 1 coaches going into trials. Seems that is now arguably the best benchmark.

Reply #485783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The prospectus where coaches wrote their own description about their success. Its still available Jack but the only problem being many of them left for Norwood 12 months later after leaving Centrals in a mess.

Reply #485789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha 776 called out! too true! off you go club hopper...

Reply #485797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Willie J has been outstanding in his search for quality coaches at Norwood. Thenew season line-up at Norwood will be even better than previous seasons. The introduction of the shuffle offence and coaches who can deliver will help.

Reply #485803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if the under 16 div 1 coach at norwood is going to be the current under under 16 div 3 coach at southern you are going to be in for a rude shock with your assesment of seeking quality coaches

Reply #485812 | Report this post

ClubHopper  
Years ago

Nope, they have been at 1 club for 4 years and this is the club I was at many, many years ago.

However, nothing wrong with validating whether we are in the right environment. We make a large cost and time commitment and want to know we are getting value for that commitment. Why would I expose my kids to anything other than what is best for the development and wellbeing???

It would be great if clubs could publish more information on their coaches that I am going to entrust my kids to.

Reply #485823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^I was told Norwood were attempting to implement the Triangle Offense across their junior teams... I assume they've signed up Tex Winter to join their coaching lineup?

Reply #485829 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

Clubhopper..you epitomise the 'me first' attitude that seems to permeate some individuals much to the detriment of the sport..

Surely you realise by now if the 'environment' of your current Club is suitable and has adequate systems and results to satisfy your lofty standards.

To demand that Clubs should announce all Coaches for the upcoming Season whilst still in the throes of the Winter pointy end , just further demonstrates your selfish nature

Have you tried to meet with the Club JDO and discuss any of your concerns?
Or just hopped on here to criticise Club protocols in place to protect all current Coaches and players under their care?

To hell with that lets just pander to your wishes..you are the one with the fistful of dollars after all.

Good luck with your kids developing any loyalty or love for the game..more mercenaries in the making

Reply #485865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coaches didn't write that about themselves. Get your facts right

Reply #485869 | Report this post

He's Got It All  
Years ago

Because the coach currently does D3 means what? he can't coach? maybe check his teams records - he coaches U18 as well. Maybe he will be introducing the Triangle Offence and Norwood will be the next Bulls

Reply #485870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with clubhopper. I have two kids playing repball in VIC, and committing to a full year program in a VJBL team without knowing who the coach for their team is a huge leap of faith.

The coach is a huge factor in their full year in the sport.

If you hope for a "good" coach for your kids our strike rate has not been great.

One of my kids is 2/6, the other 4/6.

Then again, if I look across the association we are currently at, there are probably only 3 "good" team coaches in the whole program so we have done better than most!

Reply #485872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are the likely coaches at Norwood and who has stepped away or joined another club? Very unusual, my kids play at Norwood and don't have a clue who is doing what?

Reply #485880 | Report this post

haystacks calhoun  
Years ago

a good coach is a good coach - doesn't matter what grade.

Reply #485907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He can't coach he will last 4 training's before parents kick up a fuss

Reply #485914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, that under 16 div 5 coach from Southern is the one implementing the triangle. Dude knows his stuff inside and out. Should we mention his teams have lost a combined 10 games over the course of summer and winter so far. Please, tell me more about how he can't coach?

Reply #485928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's div 5!!

Reply #485931 | Report this post

brute bernard  
Years ago

no speculation plse just confirmed appointments

Reply #485935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A div 5 team that absolutely murdered teams at the top half of Div 4 in Mildura.

Reply #485936 | Report this post

Icemagic  
Years ago

Mildura!!!

Does that tournament still exist

Reply #485938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It does. They have the hardware to prove it. In 15 years I have seen very few people able to get kids that nobody wanted to play basketball well above what was ever expected of them. If being able to do that and get the kids to buy into playing TEAM first basketball isn't what coaching is all about then yes, Norwood have made a bad choice. But I'm fairly sure that's exactly what you would be looking for. . .

Reply #485940 | Report this post

Icemagic  
Years ago

Keep blowing your bags

Wait until you have coach against real coaches, and when parents expect real training session to be run, you won't last

Reply #485941 | Report this post

Kris kross  
Years ago

Hey guys this is the "club hopper"
Club hopper is a very boring name so I came up with some that would be a bit better
Frogger is a good one, Kermit is also available
Or my fav Frog King

Reply #485947 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Kris Kross will make you, JUMP, JUMP

Reply #485948 | Report this post

Kris kross  
Years ago

Puns for daysssss

Reply #485951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know what is so wrong with either the Div 3 coach or the Div 5 coach? Apart from them "not being able to run a training session"??

Reply #485952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is losing only 10 games over winter and summer really that big a deal? Better records for coaches in div 1.

Reply #485959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every Div 1 coach has a better record?

Reply #485960 | Report this post

Kris kross  
Years ago

I'm sorry but where has this rumor that I can't take a training session from?
I coach 2 teams at tigers with winning records
I must be able to do SOMETHING right... Or maybe I just got lucky heaps and heaps of times

Reply #485967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know the coach or have anything to do with Norwood but I think getting into a coach is pretty poor. These people give up their time to coach kids so shouldn't be ridiculed for what he does or doesn't know.

Reply #485971 | Report this post

Kris kross  
Years ago

Thank you

Reply #485972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a winning record in marbles!

Reply #485973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does marbles have to do with anything?

Reply #485974 | Report this post

Smokin Jo  
Years ago

I love how people have a crack at club hoppers. All the adults please ask yourself this..

If you were being paid 60k a year and someone came along and offered you 80k in a management position what would you do?

As for the new Norwood coach, can someone please reveal a name for crying out loud!

Reply #485975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a marbleous coaching record.

Reply #485983 | Report this post

What the?  
Years ago

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8kfkqTYW3-xm7ektVgO2o6irYcKvTy7GVcHpW66Y7aoHkitEG

Reply #485990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood are a shambles! Honestly, they are struggling to keep coaches and can't get any experienced "name" coaches the club. Ten years ago they were very solid with State and SASI coaches in all grades, not so now.

Reply #486030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

15 to 20 yrs ago norwood were dominant. Arrrrrr what a mess!!!

Reply #486032 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Lots of issues at a lot of clubs

Forestville having some massive changes

Reply #486034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word on who is coaching Norwood u14 and u18 boys? Both coaches are leaving apparently. I know the u16 coach is going as well but that seems to have been answered already.

Reply #486039 | Report this post

killer karl kox  
Years ago

what changes at rose tce ?

Reply #486056 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Probably afew more ex warriors to join the panel magic happens

Reply #486102 | Report this post

Hero Dad  
Years ago

Coaches gor tge eagles next season/year
Age Group
Girls
Boys
U10
Sarah Petrie
Scott McClusky
U12
Sharon Simons/Tom Hilbig
Michele Tucker
U14
Rob Wise
Daryl Crump
U16
Andrew Simons
Jason Joynes
U18
Lynne Holland
Richard Dickel
YL
Brenton Johnson
Brad Haydon

Reply #489757 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

any other clubs ?

Reply #489758 | Report this post

Norwood would like to congratulate the following coaches on their appointment as division 1 coaches for the 2014/2015 season:

Under 10 Boys: Krystel Grabarski
Under 12 Boys: Shaun Corey
Under 14 Boys: Phil Keenihan
Under 16 Boys: Jaydan Fort
Under 18 Boys: Darren Golley

Under 10 Girls: Sam Ninnes
Under 12 Girls: Peter Rault
Under 14 Girls: Ben Wigzell
Under 16 Girls: Trudy Ireland
Under 18 Girls: Sean Richards

Oh and read
http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=5acc6d170b2ecc10a34957a55&id=f6f492b8db

Reply #489766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WHois.... Krystel Grabarski, Shaun Corey, Phil Keenihan, Jaydan Fort???

Reply #489800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Div 3 coaches! This must be the most inexperienced Norwood junior coaching line-up ever!

Reply #489844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood will need a new under 16 div 1 boys coach very soon, he is a very average coach

Reply #489891 | Report this post

Air 78  
Years ago

Oh man! Fort is in way over his head, definitely not a D1 coach. Must have been zero applications for this age group?

Reply #489908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he is mates with the coaching director!!!

Reply #489919 | Report this post

--  
Years ago

SO where are Sturts coach appointments?

Reply #489942 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

942 - none of your business.. If you want to know you missed trials so you will have to wait until next year or go to every year level 1st game to find out..... There is no rule saying you need post them and Sturt has done very well thank you very much doing it their way before you make comments on what everybody else is doing. Besides no distractions needed heading in to Finals….. Sturt will have probably personally emailed all trial people with the head coaches details and started the ball rolling for them and existing players will be informed of squads in due course dependent on finals. What is the issue again…..No need to ask...

Reply #489946 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Sturt seem to announce their coaches after presentation day when they do theirsquad lists from what iI remember.

Reply #489954 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Dirty Sturty - sounds reasonable

Reply #489976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about Norwoods 23's men's coach? Surely that clown won't get another gig? But judging by the other age group coaches appointed at Norwood perhaps he will? The flame has certainly gone out for a club that wad once on par with Sturt!

Reply #489985 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

I would say Norwood U12 performance indicated there is some hope. More to do but there is a group of coaches who have done good things so credit where it is due. Our teams have enjoyed playing them this year gone in girls and boys. Clean quality basketball.

Reply #489990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL on par with Sturt. Maybe once, for a brief period, they were even better, but that was well over over a decade ago! It's been a gradual decline over 10 yrs.

I agree though with the above.

Norwood has good, structured and leadership in place and is putting things in place to take them forward. Clubs don't become successful overnight and don't fail overnight. Norwood's current junior results are a reflection of past efforts whereas what they are doing now won't be reflected for a few years yet.

Reply #489993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rubbish not with Jennette picking his mates that can't coach

Reply #489995 | Report this post

prove it  
Years ago

HOW can you prove that the kid can't coach? I've heard the two teams he is coaching now are both in finals and one undefeated our lost one game? Oh I guess he got lucky with two teams or just all the other coaches are worse?

Kids made a name for himself and I'll be watching this space next season.

Reply #490000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure if he or Norwood understand there's a pretty big jump from div 5 or whatever he's coaching now to div 1. Good luck to him & them.

Reply #490004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed #004. Jaydan is really tight with Willie, he would have been better given an assistant coach role in div 1 with a more experienced coach. Trouble is they don't have any?
Trials on Sunday should be interesting?

Reply #490008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nyberg wouldn't give him a D1 posting at Southern, yet Norwood was? Jobs for the boys.

Reply #490031 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Aah, nothing like SA Junior basketball to bring out the best in people.

Reply #490032 | Report this post

Dirty Sturty  
Years ago

Like how you take the high road when it isn't you denigrating another club. Nothing like the call of the hypocrite.

Reply #490035 | Report this post

Hillbilly  
Years ago

Mavs junior coaching line up looking strong.

Reply #490037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Names?

Reply #490046 | Report this post

SA blahblahball  
Years ago

@0008

Can you confirm Dean wouldn't give him a role?

Horses sources say I was gone before they thought about appointments.

Awarded Rookie coach Last year at the club sauce said.

High level time will tell.

Reply #490057 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

club sauce-BBQ?

Reply #490058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are eastern coaches?

Reply #490065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs, yeah right! They will have the same old crew. They are inbred in them thar hills!

Reply #490093 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

093 - I'm not from Mavs but that is offensive...

Reply #490133 | Report this post

tnt  
Years ago

Does anyone know who has been appointed DIV 1 YL Women's coach at South.?

Reply #490722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It will be some poor bastard who will get the boot when boti decides to take over

Reply #490726 | Report this post

lololol yesss  
Years ago

so how do we rate the coaches after summer season??
also noticed Fort took a beating on here but his team didnt finish bottom.... does that mean he is a better coach than those below him?

Reply #520850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice try Jayden...

Reply #520854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, it means Fort took a reasonable team and got less than reasonable results.

Clearly way out of his depth and wouldn't be there if Norwood had any good coaches to pick from.

Reply #520919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no idea who this guy is - but to bring attention back to yourself via this thread probably isn't the best thing.

Reply #520978 | Report this post

Charon  
Years ago

Based on Norwood U16 div 1 results Fort is a pretty bad coach!

Reply #527168 | Report this post

Norwood U16s div 1 failed Summer season, and started Winter with 3 losses and 1 draw. I've went out to many games and their offense was terrible. The so called triangle offenses just isn't working, in fact their was barely any structure.
I doubt Norwood have any good training sessions.
It's obvious that Norwood need to do something, at least for next season. Maybe take a lesson that a div 5 coach from another club can't take a div 1 coach straight away?
Stats don't lie! Norwood have some great players except they can't manage to play together. They don't seem to be motivated enough to for Fort.

Reply #527231 | Report this post

daddy  
Years ago

why have you been out to many of their games?
that is really odd??
did anyone really expect this kid to come out and just win?? the way everyone has been talking seems like he is holding up every ones expectations

Reply #528167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He should never have been given this team, the blame should be put squarely at the feet of the coaching director, he bought him along from southern he was going to help him, the problem is he can't coach either!

Reply #528180 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

look no further as to why Clubs struggle to find junior Coaches..

opinionated, bitchy, self righteous Mums and Dads..

give me an orphan to coach any day

Reply #528191 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754