Rashad
Years ago

Has CJ Bruton retired/retiring?

Might be a silly question, but would love to see him try go for another year. Somewhere like Wollongong seeing as Rhys Martin has left?

Topic #35033 | Report this topic

Rashad  
Years ago

Not saying he should be a starting PG, but would be a great pick up for them.

Reply #485817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do a Cattalini go back home win a ring and retier

Reply #485822 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

Anyone know how many points he is rated at? I think if it wasn't for then points system he'd do a cattalini

Reply #485824 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Reply #485833 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Too many points to fit in for Perth. If anywhere I'd say Kings or Hawks would be the most likely. Cairns have only imports spots to fill, Townsville is believed to have signed Henry to fill their last spot. Big maybe to Adelaide if they don't go for Daly.

Reply #485842 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I would of loved to see him in Perth though for one last season. I remember his first season with Perth in 1994 , first points in the NBL scored from Halfcourt .

Reply #485844 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

Is it too late to challenge your point rating as a player? I wouldn't think Perth would chase him, as much as id love to see that.

Reply #485854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Points rating way too high.

Reply #485856 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Even if he got rating reduced he would still be a 4.
Would've been great to see him finish at Perth. Hope that Sydney or Hawks pick him up

Reply #485867 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Could CJ take Rhys Martins spot??? Would give them a good leader and savy PG who can still shoot.

Reply #485871 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I thought CJ said he'd never play for Perth ever again?

Reply #485895 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

When was that nat? He interviewed with Perth the year he went to NZ so if it was before that he may have changed his mind.

Reply #485906 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

To be honest, I know CJ doesn't have that much left in the tank, but if pre-season and regular season time is managed properly AND they can't make the most of their 10 non-import points available to get a young/top shelf talent, I'd be pretty happy him coming back to the Kings... He's a good dude, has history with the club and is recognisable, is probably realistic about playing a leadership/mentor role and can nail the dagger from the car park when you most need it...

Reply #485916 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

Don't think he could replace Rhys Martin. Skill wise yes, decision making most definitely. One of the most if not the most respect point guard in the game to this day, but unfortunately I don't think his body is up for playing 30-40+ minutes anymore. But if he came off the bench and was backing up Gary Ervin, that's a very dangerous combo. Have always loved his game. Always gives it his all. Good luck to him, and whoever picks up his experience is always going to be good.

Reply #485968 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:05 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754