phillip
Years ago

is Crocs backcourt too weak?

The recruiting seems good but is markovic norton etc good enough to get it done?

Also with no crawford among others, may lack offensive power.

What you guys think?

Topic #35038 | Report this topic

phillip  
Years ago

When you compare to back courts with beal/martin, ervin, gibbo/jamar, cedric/rhys I have my concerns.

Reply #486017 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Steindl and Blanchfield will cover the 2/3 positions and that's good enough for me. Norton is underrated by everyone who's not a Crocs supporter and Djeric is just overall pretty solid.

Reply #486020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of Steindl or blanchfield needs to step up this year

Reply #486026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neither TB or. CS are two's......

Reply #486029 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No.

Markovic is one of the best shooters in the league and possibly the best passer as well.

Norton is the best PG under 25 IMO and is becoming unguardable off the dribble on the p&r...he is going to have a breakout season if dennis does the right thing and starts them both.

Djerics shot worries me because it has that hitch in it but he puts in effort on D and has shown the ability to make plays out of nothing off the bounce.

Steindl and Blanchfield are both terrible ball handlers so it limits how you can use them at the two spot though. Dennis needs to be putting them both through ballhandling skills stuff all off season

Reply #486078 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And the other thing about Norton is he finishes so well at the rim. You can't teach that.

Reply #486080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crocs backcourt is definitely fortnight IMO, yes

Reply #486098 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

I wouldn't say their ball handling is 'terrible' Mick, but from what i've seen you're right in that they'll need to be a lot better to cover 2 - esp against some of the pressure defense that NBL teams throw around. Despite their length I think they'll struggle to cover a lot of 2's they'll be matched up against.
Denis know's how to coach though, so it'll be interesting to see how they're used and how/if they evolve.

As far as Markovic goes - i think he needs to shoot more often! (and Dejeric probably less:)

Reply #486594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/sport/townsville-crocodiles-coach-shawn-dennis-wants-point-guard-steve-markovic-to-assume-more-of-a-scoring-role-this-year/story-fnjfzr2z-1227017352845

Interesting article regarding Steve Markovic.

Looks like he will be ready for this coming season and has a chance to showcase his experience even more.

Not sure why he's not mentioned in the same breath of Damien Martin and Adam Gibson...

Reply #486870 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754