killer karl kox
Years ago

CABL finals

anyone got any idea times and venues / teams ?

Topic #35042 | Report this topic

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

In the Women:

Norwood first round bye (will play winner of North at Sturt)

QUALIFYING FINAL
Sturt to host North

ELIMINATION FINAL
South to host Forestville

In the Men

Woodville first round bye (will play winner of Norwood at Centrals)

QUALIFYING FINAL
Norwood to host Centrals

ELIMINATION FINAL
West to host Forestville

Reply #486110 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think there are some exciting times ahead in CABL finals.

In the Women's draw:
Norwood. Are in the box seat and it is their title to lose. No real cons from what I can see, so enjoy an organic kale and chia seed smoothie this week as you kick back and watch the action.
Sturt. Have proven they can get the job done against Norwood. Would be hot favourties to go against them in the grand final, but will need to fight of 3 other teams first. What's happened to the Sturt men?
North. It's Jo’s year and are likely to fall short come the final siren, but will have a crack. If there is a fairy godmother, she will wave her magic wand and North will secure a spot in the GF, if there is a God, she will cast a locust plague to Pasadena and a nest of vipers to Marden. Sentimental favourites IMO.
South. If they can squeeze past the apple munchers, they are the smokies in the finals race. They will be under-rated by the other teams and that’s what makes them dangerous. Place a lazy $20 on these girls.
Forestville. Will be hard pressed to win a flag from 5th, but if the Redlegs can do it in 1984, then anything is possible. Despite what they think, this is the team most likely to drop out in week 1.

My tip: A Norwood-Sturt GF.

Odds: 1:5 Norwood; 2:1 Sturt; 4:1 North, 4:1 South; 10:1 Forestville

In the men's draw. It's more even than a salt lake, and just as hot.
Woodville. With Al now an assistant at Forestville, everything is poised for a final battle to the death in the GF. Woodville has had their ups and downs, but Ng is the dangerman and with form that would still get him a contract at some NBL clubs, I get the feeling they would be disappointed if they weren’t there. Hang on to your light sabres, the Sith Lord Darth Albertus cometh for his revenge.
Norwood. Not a team of stars, but a star team. Not many house jobs in the Cooper house over the next few weeks, he’ll be too busy pouring over video tapes looking for a chink in the other team’s armour.
Centrals. It’s the 30 year anniversary of their last flag. I expect they’ll visit the Gawler retirement village to wheel them out to give a stirring speech to motivate the current Lions. This team is the smokie in the men’s but are also the traditional red shirts of the competition, so watch out for sharp objects. "missed it by that much" Should be the sentimental favourites.
West. Probably the team most likely to bow out after week 1. Port Adelaide people don’t like coming second, so don’t expect these 'Cats to go quietly, and Eagles, don’t expect a warm shower after the game.
Forestville. Rios the most dangerous man playing finals. Dropped 47 last round and likely to explode like a zit on a teenager’s back if given the chance. Like the girls, they will need to come from 5th to get the flag, but if any team could do it, it will be the feathered friends from Forestville.

My tip: A Woodville-Forestville GF.

Odds: 2:1 Woodville; 4:1 Forestville; 4:1 Norwood; 4:1 Centrals; 20:1 West

Reply #486324 | Report this post

Foot in mouth  
Years ago

Sorry Toft but your looking at fungus in the mouth ( see advert for Nail fungus appearing below )

Reply #487313 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You obviously do not realise that the ads on this site are based on your google search history. The advert I see is from play basketball.com.au if you are seeing foot fungal adverts then you have obviously googled some mysterious disease, in which case I recommend you stop researching Rolf Harris and friends and get to a doctor

Reply #487318 | Report this post

Foot in mouth  
Years ago

LOL well now I have a cute Brunette selling "bad idea" Tshirts .Ironic

Reply #487319 | Report this post

Foot in mouth  
Years ago

LOL well now I have a cute Brunette selling "bad idea" Tshirts .Ironic

Reply #487320 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Better than the guy who was complaining about ED ads

Reply #487325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get a room

Reply #487328 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

So what happened about the Borrego factor that we heard so much about in previous years. Shows that one player dosent make a team. Her stats were great and young Johnson but the rest of the team were very quiet. Well done South

Reply #487333 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Recap of the semi finals is now up on PnR thanks to Daniel Troy.

Central ABL Semi Finals - Lions and Panthers Tamed

Another huge round in the CABL, this week we recap the Semi Finals as both a men's and women’s team was eliminated, and another two sides progress straight through to the Grand Final.

Reply #488857 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754