Luke
Years ago

Maitland and Newcastle Basketball trials

Does anybody have any infomation about Maitland and Newcastle Junior Basketball trials for this year?

If I was born in 1999 and turn 15 in November would I be U16 or U18, I'm 5,8 now and can play SG or a forward position, I don't have the best ball handles so PG doesn't suit me, What position would I be, I have never played rep basketball before but I have been playing for 4 years, Would this affect my chances?

Topic #35061 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Not sure when trials are in Newcastle but generally they are around November ish. If you are born in 1999 you will be trailing for the under 18s.

Reply #486503 | Report this post

Luke  
Years ago

okay thanks for that anon

Reply #486508 | Report this post

interested  
Years ago

google them and look at their web page

Reply #486510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

State Champs/Cup/Shield are all just happening for this season so there's going to be a little break now. Can I recommend you contact both places and see if they're running any off season development programs and if so you get along to them and do some work on your game. If your handles are sub standard you're going to need to improve to play any position, not just the 1.
If there's nothing formal organised then get out on your own and do something. There's plenty of stuff on the net with off season programs you can do. If you really want to play rep ball you'll give yourself a much better chance by working on something every chance you get. Ball handling, shooting, footwork and conditioning.
Good luck with it and nothing comes easy. Put the work in and you might get a chance

Reply #486538 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:39 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754