The Journo
Years ago

36ers to play pre-season series in Top End

As the NT News revealed yesterday, the 2013/14 runners-up will play the Townsville Crocodiles and the Japanese national team in a three-match series.

The Crocdiles clash will be in Darwin on August 31, while the matches against the Japanese will be on September 2 and 4 in Palmerston.
Full story

Topic #35070 | Report this topic

CJB77  
Years ago

Will they be doing their regional stuff too? like to Whyalla etc?

Reply #486656 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

How about they just play some preseason games in Adelaide for once.
I am sure all the 36er fans in Darwin and Palmerston are ecstatic!!!!

Reply #486672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no one wants to play them in Adelaide its a shit hole!!

Reply #486673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Takes one to know one #486673!

Reply #486714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like that the sixers are promoting the game up north and maybe inspire some more indiginous players to dream big. I personally love the social justice aspect of taking the game to a regional area as well. Well done sixers.

Reply #486731 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Picked a good week to go to Darwin.
Do we know who will travel?

Reply #486736 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember there being some sort of financially rewarding aspect to this annual NT pre-season series.

Reply #486742 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Certainly the sixes will make money in the 1 week hey are in the Territory. Not many occasions that NBL teams make money during preseason.

Back when Perth didn't have an endless money supply, they came to the NT also.

Worse thing for the players is it could be the start of the build up and that isn't nice to any sport.

Reply #486851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754