Interested.
Years ago

Why did Mandurah sack their Men's coach?

Just one game into the SBL finals and the Mandurah Magic have sacked their men's coach!

Does any one know why?

Topic #35074 | Report this topic

Naph  
Years ago

I am writing before all the rumors and innuendo start. Yes I have been sacked as head coach of the Magic. 4 weeks ago I resigned as CEO of the organization due to the club suffering a financial loss over the year. As CEO I took responsibility for this. I continued on as head coach due to the positions supposedly being independent of one another. However the Magic Board decided that it was becoming untenable having myself as head coach
I am utterly gutted as I have put my heart and sole into the club over the last 7 years and absolutely love coaching the players. I wish the guys all the best on Friday in game 2 against the Redbacks. Chalky

http://www.sblonline.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3792

Reply #486659 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

http://www.coastlive.com.au/news/coast-news/entry/news/financial-crisis-for-mandurah-basketball-association

Reply #486660 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

http://mandurahmagic.com/blog/

Doesn't make for good reading does it?

Reply #486661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not ideal timing.

Reply #486662 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Wow - they have got themselves into a bit of a pickle to say the least.

Reply #486663 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Governance!!!

Reply #486666 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Damn!
Naph, a great find and yes, very interesting reading

That's the thing with basketball, all the sagas are money related, whereas in rugby league all the sagas are more tabloid. Players "bubbling" themselves, excessive drinking, excessive drug taking, excessive partying, minor theft, associating with "colourful underworld identities", sexual misadventures involving minors, sexual misadventures involving prostitutes, sexual misadventures involving animals just to name a few.

I did particularly like the "Contra arrangements with sponsors and stakeholders not approved by the Board." I don't know what that means, but anyone who lived in Queensland in the 80's with a wild imagine could join a few dots.

Reply #486671 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Happy Days, I am not sure you can just wrap all that up in Governance...

Reply #486679 | Report this post

Awww  
Years ago

They took down the blog quick

Reply #486681 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Its a good starting point....

Reply #486696 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Governance is such a big issue in sports clubs. Unqualified people trying to take on too much is often the biggest issue.

Reply #486698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ex coach of norwood women in sa about 12 yrs ago!

Reply #486743 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Very strange. Must be more to this.
Why didn't the players ask for some stability as they go thru the SBL finals?

Reply #486889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754