LC
Years ago

European Tour: Boomers vs Ukraine

Boomers vs Ukraine tonight at 11:15pm AEST in Lithuania.

Watch the game live online via SportoTV.

Live Stream: Australia vs Ukraine

Expecting the Boomers to play better in this one.

Topic #35092 | Report this topic

LC  
Years ago

Hopefully Livestats will be working tonight also...

Livestats: Australia vs Ukraine

Reply #487160 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Thanks again LC! the online stream worked perfectly once it loaded but took about 5 mins to load. Glad Lithuania take their Basketball seriously.

Reply #487161 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Also just noticed it looks like they upload the games to youtube after. Last nights Finland game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giTAH_UGVUM#t=22 handy for those that had problems with the stream.

Reply #487167 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nice work on that find! Have embedded the full replay vid into PnR's recap.

Reply #487174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks again for the link to the stream LC, it was perfect for me last night other than the language barrier!

Hoping for a boxscore tonight and another big one from Brockus Motumus!

Reply #487181 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Thanks. Missed the game last night. Great to be able to watch it. Nate lookin' like Chocolate Axel Dench on D.

Reply #487182 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

any word on whether Goulding will play this one?

Reply #487183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fstos,

Despite being a big believer for his inclusion in the team it was the worst game I've seen him play for the Boomers.

Reply #487184 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like I said in the other thread - let Maker play!!Simmons should be in there too!

Simmons, Maker, Exum, Humphries, Bairstow and Motum have the potential to be household names in a couple of years - especially Simmons, Exum and Maker (potential future all stars). Lets get that ball rolling now and do what we did with Patty Mills and lock them in young and build build build. These guys are going to be huge for basketball in Australia. Think about what Patty alone has done for basketball in Australia and he is a sixth man!

Or we could keep rolling with Jawai, Anderson and Gibson (with all due respect - they have been great players) and watch our old guys have a good run but a likely early exit from WC.

Reply #487189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember people saying patty mills was too young and underdeveloped at 17 playing for boomers and he was great.

Reply #487190 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Patty played his first series for the Boomers at 19 and was picked because he was the best option at back-up PG.

Reply #487197 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Less than 5min to game time.

Reply #487215 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Solid start - up 13-4. Exum has been aggressive.

Reply #487222 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i just get no love from their feed, hi or lo quality it stops and starts, even firstrow is giving me hell.

Reply #487223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC,,, thanks for the links etc,, good work

plus commentary is better then steve caffino

Reply #487225 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Boomers already playing 10X better than yesterdays game, Newleys even hit two 3s

Reply #487227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ukraine look like an NBL team.. Good start by the Boomers!

Reply #487228 | Report this post

Smellyhead  
Years ago

It's so good see Brad newley has found his shot again

Reply #487229 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

FYI - Lithuania beat Ukraine 70-54 in last night's game.

Reply #487230 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

How close is this to the top Ukraine line up. I know Jeter has been naturalised for a while but know little about the rest.

Boomers off to a hot start.

Exum just does things so easily and smoothly at times that gives you a glimpse of what the future holds.

Reply #487231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding 3 fouls in 20 seconds lol

Reply #487233 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Are we better or is the opposition worse? we look sharper but is it a chicken egg thing.

Reply #487234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes is such a liability offensively.

Reply #487235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boomers up 49-21 at the half.

Reply #487236 | Report this post

MCV  
Years ago

Exum playing well.

Reply #487237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum playing well but damn, dude needs to learn how to dribble with his left hand and how to go left. He's so right hand reliant it's ridiculous. Teams have exploited it and it'll only be worse in the NBA.

Reply #487238 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Goulding subbed in, drops 3

Reply #487240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

monster screen by jawaii!

Reply #487242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many bad passes resulting in turnovers. And for a 'shooter' Broekhoff doesn't seem to be too good at shooting.

Reply #487247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn it, can't get past the bunny add again......

Reply #487248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horrible 4th quarter! :O

Reply #487249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah this quarter has been terrible. We can't have quarters like this.

Reply #487250 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

2 points in 6 minutes!

Reply #487251 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

2 points in 8 minutes

Reply #487252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man, we look so much better when Exum is on the floor. I hope the 'Exum shouldn't be on the team' people are watching this game. I wonder if they still think that Gibson is a better player than Exum currently? LOOOOL.

Reply #487253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've had enough, terrible game of basketball.

Reply #487254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think this is the worst quarter of basketball i've ever seen any team play in my life...jesus.

Reply #487255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Man, we look so much better when Exum is on the floor. I hope the 'Exum shouldn't be on the team' people are watching this game. I wonder if they still think that Gibson is a better player than Exum currently? LOOOOL."

Judging players based on one game? LOOOOOOOOL.

Reply #487257 | Report this post

Harry Balls  
Years ago

Jeez, you lot like to put the boot in at times.

The Boomers played a top class first half and it's crickets and tumbleweeds from most of you but when it goes bad (and yes, that last quarter was real ugly) out we come with the scapegoating and finger-pointing.

Reply #487259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Judging players based on one game? LOOOOOOOOL."

We looked better with him on the floor. So many great passes and drive/dishes. The Exum isn't ready group are wrong.

Reply #487260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top class first quarter (32-7)!

Ukraine outscored us the next 3 quarters 53-43.

Reply #487261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Boomers played a top class first half and it's crickets and tumbleweeds from most of you but when it goes bad (and yes, that last quarter was real ugly) out we come with the scapegoating and finger-pointing."

It's almost a representation of Australian basketball. How many times have we been beating by an average team that we should of taken care of easily and then beaten a powerhouse that should of taken care of us easily? Inconsistency is the Boomers thing lol.

But seriously great job in the first half. That's the team we need to be. Even the third quarter wasn't bad. The last quarter was the worst i've ever seen a Boomers team play though. If we play a quarter that bad against a Lithuania or Slovenia then we won't win.

Reply #487262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Exum playing well but damn, dude needs to learn how to dribble with his left hand and how to go left. He's so right hand reliant it's ridiculous. Teams have exploited it and it'll only be worse in the NBA."

Totally agree with you. Makes you wonder what the AIS coaches were doing with him for all the time he was there. I get that he was able to dominate his competition without a left hand, but surely that's something you would work on for the next level.

Fair to say he's still pretty damn good ... but with a competent left hand dribble he'd be almost unguardable.

Reply #487263 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Recap of Australia's 75-60 win over Ukraine is now up on PnR:

Boomers blitz Ukraine early to win comfortably

Reply #487266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol! the best part of the game was when ingles tryed to balance the ball on the referees head in the final 1/4...

Reply #487267 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Junk time aside, we haven't had much trouble putting the ball in the hole so far, with plenty of contributors. Am interested to see what style of game it is against Lithuania who don't mind playing fast themselves.

Reply #487284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Totally agree with you. Makes you wonder what the AIS coaches were doing with him for all the time he was there. I get that he was able to dominate his competition without a left hand, but surely that's something you would work on for the next level.

Fair to say he's still pretty damn good ... but with a competent left hand dribble he'd be almost unguardable."

He's a left hand dribble and consistent jump shot away from being a genuine superstar. He fixes those two things and he'll be damn near unstoppable.

Reply #487297 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Guys, I only had access to my iPad over the last few days, the Friday night game streamed really well but I couldn't get the stream working at all yesterday, does anyone know why this happened?

Reply #487303 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

People are extremely judgemental considering this is the 2nd game the teams ever played together and we have found a way to win both. We have 7 games left, PLENTY of time to work things out, and our winning margin with Ukraine is comparable with Lithuania. I think we will probably end up being very good come the Worlds.

Reply #487308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People are extremely judgemental considering this is the 2nd game the teams ever played together and we have found a way to win both. We have 7 games left, PLENTY of time to work things out, and our winning margin with Ukraine is comparable with Lithuania. I think we will probably end up being very good come the Worlds."

Lithuania are ranked 4th in the world and Ukraine are ranked 45th. It's nor really comparable.

Reply #487309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Lithuania are ranked 4th in the world and Ukraine are ranked 45th. It's nor really comparable."

He's saying the margin Australia beat Ukraine by is similar to the margin Lithuania beat them by.

Reply #487310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He's saying the margin Australia beat Ukraine by is similar to the margin Lithuania beat them by."

Ah, i see. Silly me. Thought he meant that Ukraine and Lithuania were comparable in terms of how good they are.

Reply #487312 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

We beat Ukraine by 15, Lithuania beat them by 16. We should by all rights have beaten them by more too, This doesn't mean I think we are definitely as strong as Lithuania is at the very second, it just means that our results aren't bad at all and it is very early days at this point.

Reply #487316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We beat Ukraine by 15, Lithuania beat them by 16. We should by all rights have beaten them by more too, This doesn't mean I think we are definitely as strong as Lithuania is at the very second, it just means that our results aren't bad at all and it is very early days at this point."

If we play like we can continuously play like we did in the first half of the Ukraine game then we can definitely beat Lithuania and we'll go far in the actual WC. If we play like the last quarter then i see a whooping coming. I see a pretty close knit game with us and Lithuania coming up though. This will be a great test for us. Will the Lithuanian team be full strength for the game?

Reply #487317 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I wouldn't read too much into practice game results. You don't know what each team is actually trying on the night as these games are about preparing various sets, rotations and defensive rotations.

As long as the game is competitive you get the idea the teams are around the same level.

Reply #487329 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I am watching the Finland game, never saw against Ukraine but Dante Exum is a ridiculously good passer

Reply #487331 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, once he learns not to drive into help situations on the baseline he is going to create some good looks. So much talent there, hopefully it clicks at some point during the tourny.

His D is very much a work in progress, but if he can deliver an offensive burst they can hopefully find ways to cover the other end.

Reply #487332 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He gets pinned by screens a hell of a lot on D, but he's so young, and for all we know that could be a lazy big not calling out the pick for him...

Reply #487335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't help when the screen moves almost 1m every time - the refs were very average

Reply #487337 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

His off-ball defence is still very much a work in progress too, but that's to be expected.

Reply #487342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might also add, I dont see why the hate for Gibson.. he was servicable in game 1.

Reply #487343 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And game 2

Reply #487348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I haven't seen game 2, is there a link up for it yet?

Reply #487349 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Exum has a very high ceiling. But from what I have seen, whilst a great passer, cannot yet floor general a team. Adam Gibson is by far the better player in that regard, at this early stage in Exum's career.

Reply #487355 | Report this post

Pants  
Years ago

Anyone know where I can find a replay of Aus v Ukraine?

Reply #487368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

try pick and roll website for a link

Reply #487376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Exum has a very high ceiling. But from what I have seen, whilst a great passer, cannot yet floor general a team. Adam Gibson is by far the better player in that regard, at this early stage in Exum's career."

In terms of pure playmaking ability, Exum is better.

Reply #487390 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Exum is better at straight up penetration and dish, but that is only a small part of being a PG at this level.

Reply #487393 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Seems like the stream versus Ukraine is no longer available. Damn, didn't catch it in time.

Reply #487430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Exum is better at straight up penetration and dish, but that is only a small part of being a PG at this level."

He's not quite ready to fully take charge of the offense but his passing and play making is excellent. I'd rather see the ball in his hands than Gibson's.

Reply #487447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754