Anonymous
Years ago

FIBA Live Pass vs NBL.tv

Have you had a FIBA Live Pass subscription?

Can you confirm that it allows access to *all* NBL games? (Along with all of the other FIBA stuff).

If so (at $81) is this a more worthwhile purchase than renewing a circa $79 NBL.tv subscription?

Any advice welcome.

Topic #35101 | Report this topic

JMc  
Years ago

First thing you should check is if the NBL games are geoblocked (I think that's what they call it. If they are that means you can't watch them live on FIBA .. could watch the replays whenever you like though

Reply #487388 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

After the first few weeks last season you couldn't watch live or replayed NBL games on FIBA TV.

Reply #487394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I subscribed to Fiba live pass last month and none of the live or on demand streams work correctly. Every video runs for about 4 seconds freeze for 4 seconds, run for 4. NBA TV works perfectly. Bad service, I would not get it again.

Reply #487404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I looked into this prior to last season and via numerous emails they sounded unsure but assured me the NBL games were included but due to each 'correspondent' not seeming to have a clue what I was talking about I didn't sign up to the FIBA Global Pass and as Paul says supposedly NBL games were geoblocked.

Reply #487411 | Report this post

Avv  
Years ago

In a recent interview I did with FIBA regarding livebasketball.tv they did confirm geo blocking would be in place this coming season unfortunately.

Article can be found here: http://pickandroll.com.au/livebasketball-tv-fiba/

Reply #487446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

of course geo blocking is on for NBL to Australian users, since the rights are held by NBL.TV for the local market. we went through this last season and the season before that.

Reply #488304 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:21 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754