coaching panels 14/15

A few weeks on any news from any clubs?

Topic #35106 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

FOrestville Eagles:

Please find below the coaching appointments for Division 1 only at this stage for the up and coming season.

Age Group Girls Boys
U10 Sarah Petrie Scott McClusky
U12 Sharon Simons/Tom Hilbig Michele Tucker
U14 Rob Wise Daryl Crump
U16 Andrew Simons Jason Joynes
U18 Lynne Holland Richard Dickel
YL Brenton Johnson Brad Haydon

Where is Mr Arnott?

Reply #487450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YL Women, Brenton Johnson - is that yet another one leaving Norwood or is this a different person?

Reply #487491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Different person.

Reply #487493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for that, what's this guy's history then?

Reply #487494 | Report this post

Filthy Mexican  
Years ago

Just a parent who knows he is the best choice to coach his kid!

Reply #487501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do SA clubs publish their coaches ahead of the season?

Reply #487507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw here a couple of weeks back that another Norwood coach is going to Centrals. Does anyone know what age group he is coaching?

Reply #487511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA Clubs have trials in August for next season which starts in October as BSA sees junior basketball as a fundraiser not a development program.

Reply #487515 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

eagles always ahead of the others - organized and on top.

will get it done again in 2015.

Go to junior training / games and it is a who's who of SA basketball - what fantastic resources to have !

Reply #487517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eagles nest, how are those rose coloured glasses? They seem to be doing the job.

A who's who of SA basketball? Hardly.

Reply #487518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eagles nest we were at Eagles and thought it was well organised but then we saw last the smoke and mirrors and we left.... It is not great for everyone as it obviously is for you. Who's who supposedly means who coaching for whos benefit !!! I see some coaches on he list looking after their own families interests. The current ladder tells a lot !

Reply #487520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know other clubs have their coaches sorted and now going through the details of players, movement and numbers. Having trials early allows some planning taking in to consideration coaches requests (some make changes to suit their changing family circumstances). Then you can sort out your available spots and team numbers. Early planning works well and having all the facts means you can mix and match to suit ever evolving needs of all involved. It is not always about winning. I know plenty not happy at the whos who club including myself who left. Interesting to see they have now made the changes now certain peoples children are involved but refused to do so when others were complaining and leaving...obviously we weren't well known enough and deserving of the same attention as the whos who....

Reply #487526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I sat through some eagles trainings. Was an absolute sham to watch. There were about 25 kids on the court. They did the same catch amd shoot, and catch and shot drill for about 20 mins. Because there were so many kids and the coaches just seemed to have no idea kids were co stantly standing around waiting for their turn to shoot. The poor coaches didnt seem to have much knowledge at all. Eagles nest not bagging eagles good luck to u. I certainly would encourage other parents to watch some training sessions to make an informed decision.

Reply #487541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So do we have any other clubs coaching line ups at all?

Reply #487622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why does everyone need to know. people talk with their feet and if a club is big at least most are happy. You're just nosy and it really makes no personal difference to many on here apart from those who have crap to say...

Reply #487623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their seems to be quite a fair percentage of parents coaching their own children in that Forestville lineup. Generally this is considered poor governance isn't it to allow this to happen? I know the BSA website has noted parents will not be considered for their kids age groups which seems sensible. I guess Forestville just aren't that progressive?

Reply #487636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South coaches have been named

Reply #487764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bell, Arnott and Winter - not offered a spot at Forestville? Their choice or the club's?

Reply #487768 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Some strange magic happening

Reply #487780 | Report this post

Years ago

south names ?

Reply #487782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean southern? On their website

Reply #487784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not to many changes Kelly manning to the 16boys, callum deacon 12boys, Jeremy cotterill 14boys, Terry Jones 10boys, ben hughes 18boys

Reply #487785 | Report this post

Mario milano  
Years ago

And the south g?

Reply #487786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dave amato 10g, Greg Cunningham 12g, david frick 14g, Daniel jaunutis 16g, brenton davies 18g

Reply #487787 | Report this post

Mario milano  
Years ago

Ty

Reply #487791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Next Years Head Coaches
We appreciate the efforts of all coaches and thank everyone for their nominations, all coaches will be positioned in due course.

Girls
U10 - Michael Fisher
U12 – Kat Ciabattoni
U14 – Dean Nyberg
U16 – TBC
U18 – John Beames
Boys
U10 – Michelle Fisher
U12 – Lisa Gill
U14 – Kim Jury
U16 – Matt Clarke
U18 – Josh Scott

Reply #487797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville Boys:
U10 Scott McClusky
U12 Michele Tucker
U14 Daryl Crump
U16 Jason Joynes
U18 Richard Dickel
YL Brad Haydon

Forestville Girls:
U10 Sarah Petrie
U12 Sharon Simons/Tom Hilbig
U14 Rob Wise
U16 Andrew Simons
U18 Lynne Holland
YL Brenton Johnson

Bell - coaching Forestville's U16 Div 2 next season
Winter - it's complicated
Arnott - no idea

Reply #487800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see South sticking to those coaches that have started the rebuilding process for their girls program.

Stability was required.

Reply #487853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we give a shoutout to all the Div3-6 coachs that work hard to get the kids prepared to play for these other coachs

Reply #487855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #487856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing from Sturt yet?

Reply #487865 | Report this post

Oh Me Oh My  
Years ago

Where is Norwood, No coaches left at the flames?

Reply #487872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville?

Reply #487873 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

65 Sturt won't post on here for a free for all analysis and opinions. It is their business and their players business and they will keep if that way. You should trust in your club and if you don't then contact them under the club policies to raise your concerns or go to the club ombudsman. If you want to go to a club and want to know who is who in the zoo. Just ring and ask them....

Reply #487886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

annon no club is posting these members are.

Sturt members haven't posted anything as Sturt hasn't informed its members who is coaching what.

That's fine each Club is free to do what they like, but your comment above suggests the clubs have posted their coaches on hoops and I doubt that any club has done that.

Reply #487897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville have lost a lot of coaches already so would be interesting to see there line up

Reply #487924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume Woodville's three most important - and best - coaches will all be remaining - McDonald, Clark and Corey.

Reply #488001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They don't need many div 1 coaches either. Any word on if they'll be fielding div 1 in 14, 16, and 18, girls this year?

Reply #488003 | Report this post

Years ago

unless woodville have recruited entire teams of established players - based on results they should be around - u14 div 1 / 2 if there u12s go up, u16 div 3 if their u14s go up, u18s ? knows they didnt have u16s - so if their 18s go up ......

Reply #488008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flames in struggletown! Mass exit of coaches, with no experienced coaches left, or coming to the club. Problems a plenty! Watch this space.

Reply #488018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why are they leaving?

Reply #488033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is Norwood are trying to "re-build" their coaching ranks. They have been on the slide for a few years now, but it seems they have hit rock bottom!

Reply #488050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are trying to 'rebuild' because they have no choice. All their good coaches have gone and nobody wants to go there to replace them.

Rebuild is the word you use to hide the fact that everything is a total disaster.

Their u18 coach won State Champs and still decided to leave. When your coaching ranks are so thin how do you let someone like that get away? That says a lot about how bad it must be.

Reply #488056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has there U16B1 coach left?

Reply #488058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but what is causing this mass exodus

Reply #488061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

061, because apparently the lunatics are running the asylum.

Reply #488065 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

12-1 boys coach?? but should go as he has no idea at all! 14-1 boys coach gone, 16-1 boys coach gone, 18-1 boys coach gone. 12-1 Girls coach to 16's, 14-1 coach moved, 16-1 coach gone and 18-1 coach will be the same.
Club in turmoil, no question.

Reply #488087 | Report this post

obos  
Years ago

Norwood's loss is Centrals gain. Norwood's previous U18 coach is already there coaching U18 boys and if rumour is true their current u18 coach will be joining him after this season.

Reply #488122 | Report this post

Juno 25  
Years ago

The cupboard is bare for the once mighty Flames. They need to get good coaches on board ASAP and attempt to retain the good 1-2 they may have left. Unfortunately Centrals are the new Norwood, who would have thought??

Reply #488125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The big problem at Norwoodis that those calling the shots have little basketball knowledge, despite what they run around telling everybody.

Reply #488128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood losing players as well as coaches by the minute! North Adelaide fighting back but has a big job ahead.
Centrals definitely the better club in the north

Reply #488130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood has been in a downward spiral for a long time. I'm not convinced that Norwood's loss is Centrals gain. More like the the problems Norwood has are been moved across to Centrals now.

Reply #488132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What positions are those calling the shots that allegedly don't know anything?

Reply #488133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

132, the two coaches who will be at Centrals were the only decent ones Norwood had left. You could hardly call them the problem. How is a coach who just won State Champs part of the probem?

The problems Norwood has are the ones still there.

Reply #488135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon, do you ever do any work? Seems all you do is post on here and bag Norwood. Please do us all a favour and just SHUT UP!!!

Reply #488151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep going simon lol

Reply #488163 | Report this post

One thing Norwood has is stock and decent players, coaches can help steer a ship but the players fly the flag. Coaches shifting for politics is bad luck and negative reflection but doesn't prove much.

Reply #488191 | Report this post

Years ago

clubs will peak and trough

Reply #488193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there are some junior teams that are going along nicely and improving. credit to those coaches players and parents. 12 Div 2 boys and girls are showing promise. They are playing a nice team game and our teams enjoy playing them. credit where it is due.

Reply #488208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Club will peak and trough depending on their decisions.

Or are sturt running on a 15 year peak?

Reply #488210 | Report this post

q  
Years ago

Only a Sturt person would start talking about themselves. See how that peak goes this season coming up

Reply #488221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might want to check how many times other people have said that very same thing.

What makes you think it will change.

Reply #488223 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt are brought up because "peaks and troughs" are utter rubbish, and they prove the point. I'd hardly call it woofing, merely used as an example.
Norwoods 14 boys coach is very good. Don't think he is leaving but certainly isn't coaching a D1 team as head coach, which is a huge loss for Norwood.
And the above is right, Norwood are in huge trouble. I've heard some good things about the president, so the leadership is there, but some of the others who make decisions there are too full of ego with nowhere near enough knowledge (esp. of current junior basketball) to back it up.
Heard the 18s coach was on the committee?

Reply #488224 | Report this post

Callisto 91  
Years ago

Willie is trying to make changes at Norwood but is handcuffed by the committee and JDO's under him!

Reply #488237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No mention of Mavericks, does that mean no news or nobody cares?

Reply #488241 | Report this post

Years ago

mavericks and fville are the premier girls programmes - they have a consistent panel for sometime and i imagine will dominate again

Reply #488250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW Callisto 91...clueless doesnt even begin to describe that comment.. but hey dont ever let the truth get in the way of an opportunity to snipe..

Reply #488253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

callisto91 is willie

Reply #488258 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I think coaching line ups as well as the general committee / club feel drives the club culture.

Let's not forget coaches are volunteers who give their time to the club.

I would say to anyone who is unhappy with the coaching line up or the culture at their club to be proactive about changing it.

Just on Norwood though, who have been copping a hammering, in the boys Div 1 and 2 boys, their average ladder position is 5, in the girls Div 1 and 2 girls, they have an average ladder position of 5.25. When you consider those stats, they may not be #3 behind Sturt and Forestville any more.

Reply #488259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood haven't been #3 in a long while anywhere except in their own minds.
Berry and Murphy were their only "top tier" coaches IMO. Both won't be coaching next season.

Reply #488265 | Report this post

Mario milano  
Years ago

IMO top girls clubs -

Fville
Mavs
Sturt
West

Boys -
Sturt
Tigers / wood ville / centrals / south

Reply #488269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood have a lot going for them,
Strong tradition
Full time CD
Good central location
Good home stadium
Strong senior programs
Uniforms aren't half bad!!!

Why are they having such problems with retaining coaches, players etc? Why would you jump ship to head out to Elizabeth or Hillcrest?

Reply #488285 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

What's at Elizabeth?

Reply #488324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ferals? Centrals are still northern suburbs trash.

Reply #488337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

337, most of the Centrals players come from Gawler, Barossa or further country. Very few if any left from the Elizabeth days. Many many players from one of Adelaide's best private schools (Trinity).

Your comment is highly offensive and I'm sorry that your IQ is so limited that you felt the need to resort to name calling.

Reply #488339 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

Announcing your coaching panel before trials should be a given and would certainly give the impression that the club is organised and well prepared for the next season and if nothing else would prevent the speculation amongst players and parents - turning up to trials with no clue who is coaching - ridiculous !

Reply #488393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said Bruce!!! Some clubs need to get their sh*t together. Then they wonder why they can't grow and develop.

Reply #488405 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Bruce - Perhaps some people trust the club they are trialling at or they have rung and spoken to someone or they see they are doing okay and think, what the heck it seems to be working, or they know people at the club..... THis is like child selection for the designer parents who are only willing have exactly what they want…. Coaches are volunteering so it doesn't always pan out the way you want… Get over yourselves, one of the clubs who need to get their shit together according to you actually do have it together despite not releasing details. Perhaps the players, teams and coaches are yet to be matched in the interest of the group coming in….. Seriously… relax or move… don't apply your jaded view of the world onto others who may be okay with it all… Other sports are int he same situation and can't always release info… get out and volunteer to help at your club instead...

Reply #488408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All clubs have coaches coming and going. But the movement in recent years has been extreme. Something is amiss

Reply #488410 | Report this post

Bruce  
Years ago

Sorry anon if I didn't make the point clear (and nice rant by the way), I think a well organised and managed club would make its coaching announcements with pride so those willing to put hours of time and effort into volunteering are on show for all to see . I have faith in my club to make coaching appointments it would be great to get them out there imo.

Reply #488441 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Bruce, sometimes coaches can't commit to the upcoming season, but head coaches should be appointed and known well ahead of time. It shouldn't necessarily be about the coach, but the programme. It's like a school. It's not about the individual classroom teachers, but more about the programme the school has in place.

Reply #488460 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

thats right jack and it may be complicated if the coaches themselves are waiting on what is going to happen with their own kids and how it all plans out. Head coaches are released for many clubs after grand final day to prevent distractions and gossip. Then squads released with head coaches named.

Reply #488462 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

well good luck to the centrals boys next season with a small man coming in
.Last night he wouldn't shake hands after a loss and told a 16 year old to fk off.Little man syndrome coaching basketball yeeehoo.Go and play mixed netball .You have sms.And no loyalty

Reply #488469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, someone who takes anonymous swipes at people over the internet has sms

Reply #488471 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

well if you think he stands for something .I am willing to swipe in person wanka.just set an example little guys .

Reply #488472 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

annoymous keyboard hero.pull your sweat pants up and delete your history .mums walking in.

Reply #488473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would want to coach, given that feral the new norm.

Reply #488479 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I just don't know the boundaries anymore .I wouldn't tell a 15 year old hes a shit player ,and yes hes a repeat sms offender.Does he reckon these boys will shrink or he will grow.good luck clubbing when the 15 year old is 18 wanka.

Reply #488481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So deal with it appropriately. This is the the right place for your venting.

Reply #488484 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

This is the the right place for your venting
yes it is mate

Reply #488486 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Little man should be not coaching something hes not proportional to do.pull your cotton co pants up and go to a pygmy convention u tool.

Reply #488504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The little guy clearly will fit in well at his new club! Absolute rabble

Reply #488513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this small man? How small is he?

Hahaha

Reply #488640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that a lot of clubs have run trials, any updates?

Anybody know Norwood's line up?

Reply #488847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They will probably announce the coaches when they announce the teams

Reply #489027 | Report this post

Norwood would like to congratulate the following coaches on their appointment as division 1 coaches for the 2014/2015 season:

Under 10 Boys: Krystel Grabarski
Under 12 Boys: Shaun Corey
Under 14 Boys: Phil Keenihan
Under 16 Boys: Jaydan Fort
Under 18 Boys: Darren Golley

Under 10 Girls: Sam Ninnes
Under 12 Girls: Peter Rault
Under 14 Girls: Ben Wigzell
Under 16 Girls: Trudy Ireland
Under 18 Girls: Sean Richards

Oh and read
http://us6.campaign-archive2.com/?u=5acc6d170b2ecc10a34957a55&id=f6f492b8db

Reply #489738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The irony of someone called "Flames are Roaring" posting that.

I'm pretty sure that announcement is not exactly striking fear into the other clubs. Most of those coaches would not get a Div 1 job elsewhere.

It's been bandied about here with no real answer, but where have all your coaches gone and why?

Reply #489755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Brenton Johnson can control his meanness it seems

Reply #495537 | Report this post

Elaborate  
Years ago

Who is he coaching? Name not familiar

Reply #495558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here are some others I found.

Woodville

Boys
U10 div 1 Ryan Wilson
U12 div 1 Corey Maclean
U14 div 1 Chris Clark
U16 div 1 Scott Pryor
U18 div 1 Andrew Kielczynski

Girls

U10 div 1 Claire Christie
U12 div 1 Katherine Perkas
U14 div 1 Christian Bell
U18 div 1 Christian Bello

Centrals

Boys
u10 div 1 Matt Mason
U12 div 1 Chris Clausen
U14 div 1 Toby Lockwood
U16 div 1 Tim Berry
U18 div 1 Peter Berry

Girls
U10 div 1 Nisa Sexton
U12 div 1 RIcky Simpson
U14 div 1 Ricky Simpson
U16 div 1 Jamie Petty
u18 div 1 Kevin Brooks

West Adelaide

Boys
U10 div 1 Bob Hunnerup
U12 div 1 Lachlan Coppick
U14 div 1 Dennis Jones
U16 div 1 Richard Champion
U18 div 1 David Spear

Girls
U12 div 1 Andrew Nowack
u14 div 1 Tim Brenton
U16 div 1 Shayne Kaesler
u18 div 1 Glenn Shaw

Sturt

Boys
U10 div 1 Martin Hinton
U12 div 1 Adrian Couzner
U14 div 1 Harry Einarson
U16 div 1 Ben Gliddon
u18 div 1 Andrew Janke

Girls
U10 div 1 Paul Mesecke
U12 div 1 Damien Ecclestone
U14 div 1 Daniel Haebich
U16 div 1 Jo Clarke
U18 div 1 John Turnbull

South

Boys
U10 div 1 Terry Jones
U12 div 1 Callum Deacon
U14 div 1 Jeremy Cotterill
U16 div 1 Kelly Manning
U18 div 1 Ben Hughes

Girls
U10 div 1 David Amato
U12 div 1 Greg Cunningham
U14 div 1 David Frick
U16 div 1 Daniel Jaunutis
U18 div 1 Brenton Davies

Reply #495983 | Report this post

0/10  
Years ago

Based on above who has the best coaching line up?
As in if every coach was given the same group of players who would get the best results

Reply #496586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMO either West or Centrals.

Reply #496611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West? Really ? I would have said Sturt, than Centrals

Reply #496965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really?? No personal interest by any chance?

Reply #496966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think everyone on this sight has personal interest or they wouldn't be on this site?

Reply #496967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Tom McDonald at Woodville this year? Is he travelling or ACing?

Reply #497007 | Report this post

Charon  
Years ago

Apparently the Norwood U16 div 1 coach doesn't know what he's doing

Reply #527166 | Report this post

LeBron James  
Years ago

I do not like Jayden one bit, and i don't even play fo nowood anymo

Reply #527225 | Report this post

jontron  
Years ago

are we still talking about this???
YAWN move on

Reply #528166 | Report this post

Charon  
Years ago

Jontron, Norwood U16 div 1s just got blown out by Woodville!

Reply #528177 | Report this post

chingy  
Years ago

why is that purely on the coach?
why couldnt that be that woodvile played well?
or norwood have guys out? or the team has had some issues? from what i was told they only got 6 players to play for them in the easter carnival so there might be some commitment issues from the squad... not saying he is a good coach, i think he is average myself but there might be more than what meets the eye

Reply #528181 | Report this post

jontron  
Years ago

exactly no one said the kid was good
so why is this a topic

Reply #528182 | Report this post

frantello  
Years ago

why is everyone ripping this norwood coach when i looked at the standings west have been getting the same results but no one bats and eye!

Reply #528197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No expectations on the West team. Norwood have gone backwards since U14s with this group. That's probably why there's scrutiny. He doesn't do himself any favours with his behaviour & inflated opinion of himself.

Reply #528199 | Report this post

jontron  
Years ago

what behaviour? what inflated opinion? of the games ive seen he has been up and about at his players, very loud but does not seem like he has any opinion of himself

Reply #528200 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

Agreed Jatron.

While he appears to be out of his depth, he's definitely putting in the effort and looks to be a positive influence on the kids.

I believe Chingy's also right: they only had 6 players for Easter from what I saw, and one or two of them were hobbling by the end.

There's more to junior basketball than just the immediate results.

Ergo, how is Norwood investing in the guy's coaching development a bad thing? Give him a break.

Reply #528215 | Report this post

jontron  
Years ago

call me crazy but are SA "parents" the only ones who bash coaches at junior levels on here?? havent seen any other state ripping into junior level coaches

maybe this is why other states do so well... they focus on the basketball and nothing else

Reply #528218 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

jontron*

Reply #528220 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have no idea who the coach is - but I've vague recollections of him being talked up here (probably by himself or his mates), and worse potting his old club on the way out.
When someone talks themselves up on here, then expect some scrutiny!

As for other states not bagging coaches, you have to be kidding me. Check out past threads of previous Vic Metro coaches, who get blasted on here pretty much each and every year. One even had his "fan" bag him for his association team....which I think made the GF (may have even won it?)

Reply #528221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think he is a bad coach you should see him play!!

Does he still have the guys do army rolls across the court at trainings???

Reply #528222 | Report this post

jontron  
Years ago

221, and if it wasnt him talking himself up then everyone on here is bagging a volunteer, who put his hand up to do a div 1 team
and i read through this fun post again and he was getting bagged on waaay before anyone even said 1 nice thing about him let alone stand up for him

Reply #528260 | Report this post

H Borg  
Years ago

frantello - West U16s have no expectations to do well. They simply don't have the talent to compete for a good spot.
Norwood U16s are very different. The expectations for them before the season was top 4, and that was understating. They have at least 3 evolved in the NTIP the previous season and at least 1 or 2 in the country state team. They have great players in every position. The team played together since U14s, while they were only 2 point off from making Nationals.
Ask anyone in BSA and they can confirm this.
The kind of training or coaching from Fort has not only ruined the team, and some individual players. Just yelling in trainings and games does not do anything. The team have no structure right now and this is resulting in selfishness etc. The arguably best player in the state squad doesn't even start from the 2 games I have been to. From my observations some of his players don't want to play for him.

I have been to a few games from time to time and that's my observation.

Reply #528438 | Report this post

H Borg  
Years ago

To add on that, his state country player gave up on the team completely at the end of summer. But somehow he is more focused right now and is putting in more effort.

Reply #528440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes H Borg, I remember that a lot of people thought this Norwood team was going to be at least top 4.
That coach dude apparently was coaching div 5 something... And this is only his second year so no surprise that heaps don't like him.

Reply #528453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

H Borg,

there is no one in that team close to being a state metro player nor being a good country player.

The talent level is thin at best in the entire age group and they dont have the better ones going round.

Reply #528458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last time I checked they have a State Country player and a Metro reserve, who was also selected for East Coast Challenge earlier this year. So I would assume he is at least a state metro standard player rather than 'not even close to being a state metro player'.
In fact 2 Norwood players made East Coast and 2 also made Southern Cross. There are also guys who were in NITP before and the SA Country State player. The talent in this team is not poor compared to other teams. At least they shouldn't get blown out by 30 by teams ranked 8/9.

Reply #528506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The State Country player in Norwood is a beast. Definitely a good country player.

Reply #528508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 other teams have metro state players. Norwood do not.

Reply #528527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"H Borg" and Anonymous 506 (because let's be honest you are the same person), first of all I'm not sure Norwood's previous U16 coach from last year would appreciate you using a name so similar to his own.

Secondly be very careful what you post. It's not difficult to work out who you are, you've made that pretty obvious to anyone who knows you.

Having a go at your own coach on a public forum is not a good look for you or your club.

"The arguably best player in the state squad doesn't even start from the 2 games I have been to." - that's hilarious. If you're not happy there then just leave and go play elsewhere.

Reply #528531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blame the coaching director, jaydan wasn't up to coaching anymore than a div 4 team in the first place, but the coaching director gave him this job, problem is he is out of his depth just like the coaching director!

Reply #528552 | Report this post

Years ago

#528531 - 'H Borg' here.
Yep you raised a good point. 'H Borg' is similar to the previous coach, coincidentally. I will stick to 123 for the remaining.

I think I may be a little too old to play juniors at any club. I saw Norwood play twice and I am just saying that their state metro reserve didn't start. I have no clue what the reason is, and I am just saying because everyone is talking about the struggles of Norwood. Maybe he deserves to be on the bench; I don't know.

Reply #528562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

123, someone who has "been to a few games from time to time" does not have the knowledge of the team that you have.

It's really easy to work out who you are and you'd better hope your coach doesn't work it out or you may never be in the starting 5 again.

Reply #528574 | Report this post

Years ago

As a parent my child has played with many of the players on that team since many years ago. Of course I know the history of this team. Although I hardly come out to watch this year, I am still up-to-date with everything.

Reply #528587 | Report this post

jontron  
Years ago

You parents that are not even involved with the team are why we are not winning. The players and parents on my team love each other so stop trying to bring the team down on this useless website.

Reply #528599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Willies little mate is a state champ flop too

Reply #528639 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754