Really Annoyed
Years ago

Lightning/Sixers Scheduling

Looking at game scheduling for both teams to do some forward planning.

All Friday Sixers games at now 6.30pm !!!!!!!!!

Thurs 23rd double header, Lightning game starts at 5.00 and then Sixers at 6.30pm.....

It goes on for all double headers so how is this all going to work and can anyone get to 6.30 Friday starts let alone 5pm starts ???

Sunday 4th Jan Lightning starts at 11.00am and the Sixers at 12.30pm…..

So are our men not able to warm up ????? Are the womens games not going to be timed……… What the hell. Even ABL has 1 and 3/4 hours break and courts to warm up on...

This must be a mistake on the NBL site surely…..

Topic #35108 | Report this topic

annon  
Years ago

WTF...

Reply #487480 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

This happened last year too. I wouldn't take these times as gospel, especially when they only allow 90 minutes for the first game.

Reply #487484 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

From memory, last season the times initially listed turned out to be start times for Perform crews or something similar, then they were changed on the site a few weeks later.

Reply #487485 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Thanks Paul.. Lets hope so or it will be a lite crowd...

Reply #487488 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah 6.30 is really hard for everyone that i know. I work close and its a pain, i just don't see the point, it's not even a good time for TV.

Reply #487489 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Checked the NBL tv schedule and it is no where near those times even with delays Hope Pauls right...

Reply #487497 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

NBL and WNBL are professional leagues, right?

Reply #487539 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Majority of Wildcats home games tip off at 6:30 also, like last season. It may not be ideal and has drawn a few complaints, but overall the fans seemed to manage it OK.

Reply #487540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wildcat fan -
this is an SA issue . we have double headers with lightning which seems the times don't fit and our stadium is not central. Each state is not comparable.

I'm sure no team visiting Adelaide wants 10 minute warm up time either.

What works for Perth may not work here or Sydney and so on...

We are not complaining just that it doesn't make any sense.

Reply #487549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed. I thought the idea of them having double headers was to increase crowd numbers. The only people that will be there for a 5pm tip off will be the floor wipers!

Reply #487626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was to decrease costs. Nothing more.

Reply #487637 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

IT definitely is a NBL scheduling release mistake. The games are 7.30 and 1.30. Same as last year.

Reply #487658 | Report this post

Lightning  
Years ago

I feel really sorry for Lightning.......if the idea of having double headers was to save money and increase the audience, having Lightning play at 5pm on a work day is not going to do it! They might save money on the hire of the venue, but they will certainly lose it in ticket sales! And don't Juniors play on Friday nights???? SO the basketball audience won't even be available to come!

Reply #487969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus lightening were to hold games in Whyalla, so the cost is reduced for them as Marino has something to do with that stadium, which is all well and good, but then the costs increase for teams to travel not only in money but time also. Whyalla is not an easy place to fly into, teams would have to go to Adelaide and get connecting flights which are few and not particularly user friendly nor would they get bums on seats to watch. Or they have a 4 hr road trip one way. All this so lightening can have an easier season, so they inconvenience everyone else. Very glad to see the league has changed some of these games, but agree 5.30 on a weeknight is not going to bring in the crowds they want to help float their finances. Hope they take a realistic look at this and make some common sense changes as this is just silly.

Reply #488007 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754