roy
Years ago

NBL MVP Predictions

Early picks for nbl league mvp?

The standouts to me are:

Childress - A proven star in europe and usa.
Ervin - Will carry a heavy load in the Gong
Daniels - The new James Ennis
Gladness - Roughie but could rack up huge rebound / block numbers
Dennis - Another value pick
Tragardh - Set for a career best season
Jackson - The early favourite?

Which aussies and kiwis are a chance to give the imports some competition?

Topic #35149 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickert, Barlow, d Martin, knight, Abercrombie & markovic I think are the best bets for locals

Reply #488559 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

My waayyy too early MVP picks, well top 5 would be

Stephen Dennis
Cedric Jackson
DeAndre Daniels
Josh Childress
Daniel Kickert

Reply #488561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Top 5, in no particular order:

Josh Childress - Proven in the NBA and Europe.
Cedric Jackson - Will hopefully start right where he left off in NZ.
David Barlow - Despite Kirkert being the marquee man, I think Barlow will be the guy to lead the star studded Melbourne side.
Mickell Gladness - My pick for DPOY (sorry Damian Martin); but his offensive production will determine whether he is a true candidate.
DeAndre Daniels - Lauded as James Ennis' successor, if he can live up to that billing there's no reason why he couldn't win it.

Reply #488567 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

The problem with any United player winning it is they have to fight against their own team mates.

Dennis
Worthington
Barlow
Kickert

Can all steal MVP points from each other on any night.

Same as Perth
Redhage
Beal
Daniels
Martin

Reply #488572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The post about Gladness and his defensive prowess, I agree. The guy is a monster on the defensive end, but Martin will win it again if healthy. Martin' defence is so versatile as he can defend in the half court, in the open court where he gets so many blocks( right up there with Mee) and can defend anyone from the one to the three position.

As for the MVP,it wont be from Perth as the Wildcats gameplan is all about moving the ball and finding the open man. It is all about balanced offence.That is why Ennis did not win it because he had teammates stealing votes.Childress will be the kings clear cut best player so my guess it will be him.

Reply #488579 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson if he picks up where he left off would be a frontrunner.

Reply #488678 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Going off the last few years, an import is the front runner. They need to be in a winning team, but not too full of talented players dragging points away from them.

Cedric Jackson would start off as the favourite IMO based on reputation, but Beal is the one to watch and if you were putting money on it, Beal would get my coin.

Of the Australasians, Abba would be high up there, Gibbo could challenge, D Martin would poll well too. Tomlinson should keep building on his solid season from last year and I am thinking my smokey in the mix would be Cam Gliddon, who I will tip will surprise a lot of people this season.

Reply #488685 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Corey Webster is my dark horse, dude has stepped his game up massively.
If Jackson can find Webster half open on the regular, he's gonna be scoring a ton this season.

Reply #488687 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL season hasn't even started yet, talk about jumping the gun

Reply #488688 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

what's wrong with making predictions anon?

Reply #488689 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

How about Angus Brandt for rookie of the year?
Other rookies include
Mathiang Muo
Corey Maynard
Tai Wesley?
Josh Duniker?

Not sure if I missed anyone or if Wesley or Duniker are eligible

Reply #488693 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

Action Jackson!

with all the other americans , hopefully he will step up to an even higher level of play

Reply #488730 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

If Madgen's shot drops then I can imagine him having a Goulding type season from last season and he is a definite contender and so are the Kings, but if his shot is off then he could be a detriment to the Kibgs.

Brian Conklin has the ability to win a few Player of the week awards so he could be a roughie if the back court are dangerous and Gladness gets double teamed down low.

Nobody has mentioned the new import from Cairns so I'm going him as they have a really good team that are a season better off than this time last year and I think they will surprise many but Trigger and Loughton need to stay healthy and Weigh needs his shot to drop and Gliddon should be a huge handful and his defence will only become more recognized

Reply #489182 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:20 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754