Anonymous
Years ago

Bennie Lewis - NBL chance?

Just noticed that Bennie Lewis has been putting up big numbers in the WA SBL and was wondering what do people think his chances of playing back in the NBL this year are?

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=196226222&client=1-5011-83381-299006-20469284

He put up okay numbers in the NBA D-League last year and although his 3 point shot is inconsistent and doesn't play much D but he can be a real threat in transition and can provide excitement of the bench for fans.

5 NBL spots left for locals (Adelaide, Perth, Townsville, Wollongong and Sydney), I could see him fitting in well with Townsville or Sydney as an extra wing player.

Topic #35171 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If he's good enough and playing in WA, you'd think Perth would grab him. Otherwise might be saying there are problems involved with taking him on?

Reply #488895 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I think he is rated as a 4. Perth only has 2 points left. Hope Syd or Crocs pick him up

Reply #488896 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Not a chance! Had the "hype" but it faded pretty quickly due to a few issues.

Don't forget pretty sure SBL still play 48mins so stats are often inflated.

Reply #488903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think he is the type of player Perth needs. I think they need a back up PG and would expect them to sign either Drake U'u or Trian Iliadis

Reply #488906 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I think Drake's PPR is too high for Perth

Reply #488911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, why do you expect them to sign either Drake or Trian? Do you have some inside info?

Reply #488917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is burdon a chance to be back at perth?

Reply #488920 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Gleeson also coached him at Tigers so he'll know the guy!

Reply #488921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damaged goods...

Reply #488923 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Lots of whispers of Drake re-signing.

Reply #488925 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Surely if they were retaining Burdon they would have signed him by now.
U'u would have to lodge an appeal for his PPR it's more likely they would go for a young local. Whoever is signed will be 10th man.

Reply #488933 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754