nimble
Years ago

Will Delly be in nba long term?

What does everyone think? Is he a long term nba player or just keeping his head above water for now? I hope he becomes irvings main guard backup but not exactly sure.

If he is dumped from nba, is nbl a realistic option? Could become a Melbourne United marquee perhaps? Or would he prefer to go to europe?

Topic #35191 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

I can't see why he wouldn't be around long term. He played well in his rookie year and will only get better with experience, training camps and confidence under his belt. His game is based on IQ and hard work so loss of athleticism wont hurt. I just hope he doesn't get buried on the bench behind ring chasing vets this season

Reply #489350 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Cavs would be silly not to utilise him this coming season.

Last season there were multiple games where his defense alone wreaked havoc on the opposition and let Cleveland get back into the game; then there was the Detroit game where he shot 5 from range for total 21 points and kept them close enough for the starters to close the game out at the buzzer.

Teams will be looking to exploit Cleveland when Lebron and Love are off the floor, Delly can be a real asset in leading a second unit.

Reply #489359 | Report this post

GWb  
Years ago

While Delly is providing, he will stay.. but I think if his production drops off.. he might lose his position because he lacks the physical attributes and upside of most other players. I think Delly is a great player, but he will always be treading water in the NBA.. subject to his form. If he has a bad season, I highly doubt he will be picked up and dusted off after like many NBA players are.. he will probably then need to look at NBL or Europe. Its all subject to form with Delly, and We all hope he remains consistent. In that case he can stay long term.

Reply #489375 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754