Tom
Years ago

NBL Naturalising Rule

To be "naturalised" you have to be a citizen which is the current rule. In my opinion I think that if a player has played in the NBL for 3 seasons he should be classed as a naturalised player. What do you think.

Topic #35202 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about all basketball leagues in australia

Reply #489465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love it if they made it that if you have played more than 100 games combined of NBL/SEABL/NZ/State league no import restrictions would apply.

Would allow some of the mid level imports who want to stick around in Oz to build longer careers which many of them are better/ more entertaining than alot of the Aussies in the NBL, so could improve the quality of the league.

I guess the negative is it would make it even harder for the fringe Aussies guys like Tom Daly, Bendan Teys to get spots.

But with 4 new teams coming in that could balance that issue out and we could get the best of both worlds.

Reply #489466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like the way it is now, 4 years of living here before eligibility to be naturalised.

After this season you never know Jamar Wilson could naturalise for the 36ers for the 2015/16 season.

Reply #489486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Consecutive years of living here is the key. Not players plying their wares across the world, then expecting citizenship.
Next thing we will have is people arriving in Australia by various means expecting citizenship.

Reply #489529 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Consecutive years of living here is the key. Not players plying their wares across the world, then expecting citizenship.
Next thing we will have is people arriving in Australia by various means expecting citizenship.

Reply #489550 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I think it is okay as it is Tom, no need to make big changes on this one mate...

Reply #489692 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

stop the boats

Reply #489807 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

What exactly is the current Naturalisation rule?
(and has it changed over time?)
Is it solely dependent on becoming a naturalised citizen, or are there additional rules?
I seem to recall in the past players became citizens but still had some wait to play as naturalised?

Reply #513365 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:58 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754