Jack Toft
Years ago

CABL Prelim F1nals Action

Just when you thought Hobart was the only place that had double headers, there's one at MARS tonight.

The women are up first against the Rockets. The Flames have set the pace all season and without Foley appear to be as fragile as a peace accord in Gaza. The Rockettes have a full head of steam and although they have not knocked off the Flames this season will be hoping for things to go their way. For that to happen, they can’t leave it to Jo. Someone needs to step up and step up big. "Tis but a flesh wound" is what Big Bad Barry and North supporters will want to hear tonight. This is a big game and the call is out for someone to play out of their skin.

The Lady Flames are a class act and will be hard to beat anywhere let alone on their home court. For the Big Bad Wolf to blow the Flames down, they need to work hard, but with the Pritchard Building Company building houses out of bricks and not sticks, it will need to be one hellava cyclone!

Just when fans have been served up one fine dish, another one lands on the table. Norwood men have been the quiet achievers this year and after a slow start had a run of wins that put them up the top. West have been consistent all year and I had them pegged as the first team out this finals race, but they have stoicly refused to die and even callously detroyed the Lions last week by waiting until the final quarter to stab them with a string of three’s!

The Bearcats have not beaten the Flames this season and the Flames will not want to be outdone by the Lady Flames. If the Lady Flames are snuffed out, then it should give them even more incentive. Regardless, the Bearcats are no easy beats and will be hoping to do their ice bucket challenge on the Flames to take them out of the finals race. Surely one coach will get gatoraded tonight.

On paper, the Flames should get this one easily, but I just have a feeling the Bearcats might be the part poopers this season. I’ll give the 'Cats my kiss of death tonight, I think the Bearcats will get an upset win in what will be a boilover game.

Topic #35205 | Report this topic

+  
Years ago

winner of womens game will win GF - there to be taken. no way sturt can replace novosel. win tonight and win GF by 15+ - look at early sturt results without novosel

Reply #489483 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

women also have Angela the red hot shot maker...…Have gelled as a team and settled in to the coaches game….

Reply #489484 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Come on Rockets !!!!

Reply #489492 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Go Rockets..... Stay with them...

Reply #489493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 1 import playing for sturt next week

Reply #489502 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Gooo Rockets !!!!!

Reply #489503 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

wow...that sucks for Norwood Women..top all season and don't even get to GF

Reply #489504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Straight sets! No foley no norwood

Reply #489505 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

502 - move on... Marino not an import…..

Will be a good match next week…..

Now for West to take out the Men….

Reply #489506 | Report this post

the crystal ball  
Years ago

Congrats north on winning the women's title this year. The dream comes true with a win in Jo hills testimonial year and redemption after running 2nd to Norwood previous gfs . Sturt will be lucky to get within 20. Look at earlier sturt v north game with no novosel ........

Reply #489508 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

508 - and you will look pretty silly if they lose now... Marino and other bench changes since that game earlier in the season so the mix is not tested yet….

Reply #489512 | Report this post

the crystal ball  
Years ago

If sturt win it would be one of the clubs most historical wins. Marino would have to have a 30 pt game like 2006 or whenever it was. Just can't see sturt countering north they have too many options.

Reply #489513 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

That will make a nice title - Historical Win !!!! Take a look at Reds home game and analyse that....

Reply #489516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West took it 80-67

Reply #489517 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

How Fantastic NO Norwood in the Grand Final !!!!

Reply #489518 | Report this post

+  
Years ago

local western derby for mens GF - should get a good crowd - title t shirt "best in the west".

dont think we have had a west v wood GF before ? y/n ?

Reply #489521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree.....SO Good! No NOORWOOD IN GF! Congratulations Rockets Women......Great Win! you fought hard all game!
and same for West Men Congratulations! fighting until the end!
Lady Rockets play like that they have a great chance for a GF Victory.
Unfortunatly I think West have a bigger mountain to climb against Woodville.
Good Luck all Teams

Reply #489527 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Prelim finals recap now up on PnR:

Central ABL Preliminary Final Round - Rockets and Bearcats Douse Flames, Face Sabres and Warriors for Title

With the Warriors and Sabres already advanced to the Men's and Women’s Grand Finals respectively, the Preliminary Finals were hotly contested, to see which sides could secure a date to the big dance in the last Saturday in August.

Reply #489979 | Report this post

the barometer  
Years ago

several cards have fallen North Adelaide's way and it is there for their taking in the women.

Having lost a couple of GFs recently and Jo's last season they have the motivation and the circumstance to win by plenty.

Reply #489983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a question, and I know that everything hates Norwood as a rule, but I dont get it... most of the team are Norwood Juniors, almost all have only ever played at Norwood and only 2 players even get paid so they all play because they actually enjoy playing together. Is it really fair to hate on them? I mean how does Amy Lewis win the Halls and poll votes in every game and not make the All Star 5? Its because people dont want the team 'Norwood' to be part of it. I think this just highlights how in hating a club you shouldnt hate on the team as it takes away from a group of players who train hard every week, just like everyone else and dont deserve half the crap they cop because of the colours on their backs.

Reply #491023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

crap...we love Norwood

it's Sturt that we all hate

Reply #491029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umm...mate

Hardly any of those players were Norwood juniors.

Reply #491040 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754