Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

Sixers Sign New Rookie!

Back in may...

"We are in the process of signing another young player identified by the coaches as being a great player of the future for two years who we can't name at this stage (needs approval from the NBL). This player will commence his career at the 36ers in the 2006/2007 season."

However the Sixers website only has Nash, Farley, Cooper, Holmes, Forman, Rychart and Hill listed as contracted players.

Any word on who this new player is?

Topic #3521 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Didn't Goorjian also spill the beans on Talking Hoops - Don't think he mentioned any names though.

Reply #40777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yep it wasnt for this season it was for the next two after this season

and yes i think BG spilt the beans :)

Cheers

Reply #40778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

joe ingles. old news.

Reply #40783 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

that's the rumour.

Has it been confirmed?

If so, why isn't there any mention of it on the sixers website? Surely a coup like that would be announced there!!

Reply #40784 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They're talking to him. Nothing signed, AFAIK. They need to focus on announcing this season's team first and promoting the season ticket drive.

Reply #40786 | Report this post

STIP  
Years ago

I heard the end half of a story on Mix 5pm news. It was Paul Bauer talking about someone but I missed their name!! Grrr

Reply #40788 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I haven't seen much promotion in terms of ticket membership selling?>?

Reply #40809 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

As far as a season ticket drive, has there been one? If there has it's been a pretty damn quiet one!!!

Don't the season ticket sales end soon?

Reply #41197 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

heard an add on 102.3fm but 5aa are pretty quiet re. tix and that should be their main aiming in marketing being a sports show 4pm-7

Reply #41201 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Well you would think so wouldn't you. The Sixers admin have been saying they are doing a marketing blitz on tix but as I said haven't heard or seen anything about them.

Reply #41203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordie Dodman is your man

Reply #41897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles for sure! Dodman will get drafted by an afl club at the end of the year for way more money

Reply #41898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no he wont

Reply #42116 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Yes he really will!

Reply #43287 | Report this post

The Neer  
Years ago

Jordan probably could get drafted into the afl for more money, but do u think it is possible that he would choose to play with the sixers cos he enjoys basketball more and it is closer to his family and friends. And if basketball doesnt work out (im sure it will - he's good) there always the chance to give footy a go in a few years. He would b a much better prospect than Brogan was.

Reply #43335 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Im not sure what he will do, im not him or close to him. I think, from what ive seen, that he could succeed greatly in both sports.

Reply #43604 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754