Anonymous
Years ago

Jnr Australia Development Camp letters?

Have any letters been sent out after the U18 & U16 Nationals for players to attend the Camp?

Topic #35221 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you mean the January camp at AIS?

Reply #489790 | Report this post

Rex  
Years ago

Or do you mean the u19s camp being held in September in Canberra.

Reply #489792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #489822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #489823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Camp Scheduled due to funding

Reply #489824 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I heard some letters sent to the u16 girls.

Reply #489831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aus development camp won't be till jan, only camps coming up now are for un19 selections for Oceania and squads are already picked for those camps,

Reply #489859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone have any idea which players are in the squads for U19 Oceania camp?

Reply #489861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was a post on here re the women but nothing has been released for men

Reply #489862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There are no un16s going to un19 camp for women so don't know what letters they would be

Reply #489865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think 1 u16 got an invite.

Reply #489867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard of a few u16 girls being asked to go to the AIS (COE?) in September. Not sure what for.

Reply #489887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know a few u16 girls have been invited to the u-19 camp. I think it's part of a trial for next COE intake, but not sure how many were invited.

Reply #489888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: 2015 U19 FIBA World Cup

Below is the entire squad
RACHEL ANTONIADOU
16/10/1996
VICC/ Dandenong Rangers
St Pauls Anglican Grammar

CHLOE BIBBY
15/06/1998
VICC/Horsham/ Dandenong Rangers
Methodist Ladies College

MADELEINE DENNIS
14/01/1997
WAM/Kalamunda
Mount Lawley HS

MEG ESSEX
29/10/1996
QLD/Ipswich

West Moreton Anglican College
MONTANA FARRAH-SEATON
27/11/1996
NSWC/Commercial Club Bandits
Catholic College Wodonga

JASMINE FORCADILLA
17/09/1997
NSWC/Gosford City
CCAS Erina

ELLA HELLESSEY
14/05/1997
VICC/Southern Peninsula
Padua College

CHANTEL HORVAT
1/06/1998
VICC/Geelong/ COE
Geelong College/ Canberra High

MACKENZIE HOYCARD
29/10/1998
WAC/Goldfields
John Paul College

ANNELI pMALEY
01/09/1998
VICM!Eltham/ COE
Eltham High/ Canberra High

CARLY PERSO*
17/01/1997
VICC/Wangaratta Hustlers
Galen Catholic College

MIKAYLA PIRINI
29/06/1996
WAM/Willetton/ West Coast Waves
Willetton Senior High

LAUREN SCHERF
7/03/1996
VICM/Dandenong Rangers
Catholic Ladies College

ALEXANDRA SHARP*
04/02/1997
VICM/Diamond Valley/ COE
Our Lady of Mercy/ Canberra High

DEMI SKINNER
9/04/1997
SAC/Central Districts
Trinity College

ALANNA SMITH
10/09/1996
VICM/Nunawading Spectres
Wesley College

ELIZABETH TONKS
24/05/1997
NSWC/North Sydney/ Coffs Harbour
Loreto Normanhurst

TAHLIA TUPAEA
01/06/1997
NSWM/Sydney Uni Flames/ Penrith
St Mary's Senior HS

KRISTY WALLACE*
3/01/1996
QLDS/Southern Districts/ COE
John Paul College

*Players are injured/unavailable for camp
Head Coach - Paul Goriss
Assistant Coaches - Jonathan Goodman and Larissa Anderson
Manager – Michele Menso
Doctor – Dr Maja Markovic
Physiotherapist – Jessica Thornton (2014)

With Perso injured Sharp injured Wallace un available in USA college but available for Oceania .Frolings and Fareo in college not available for Oceania.

Georgia Pineau has also been added to this squad after list released replacing someone.

No un16 girls in this mix at all. Might be for another camp but can't see the purpose of including un16s in an un19 camp.

Reply #489896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might not be on the list, but I know some U16s have been invited, be interesting to know more after the camp

Reply #489964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which un16s would be up to playing against un19s, your talking about 14/15 yr old up against 18/19 yr olds, big jump to make

Reply #489989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 16s invites have nothing to do with the 19s camp. 16s have been invited to trial for COE places, the 19s camp is a selection camp for Oceania.

Reply #489991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So it's nothing to do with the un19 camp then or an Australian development camp either

Reply #489996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many of the U16 SA Metro & QLD South Girls got letters to attend COE?

Reply #490038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously one of the anonymous posters knows and is fishing to find more lol. I'm sure when the time comes for announcements they will be made, but this next camp for un19s is NOT an Australian development camp, it's a selection camp so doubt very much they will be combining with any un16s that may be there at the same time. Anonymous in the know what dates are these un16s attending?

Reply #490043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ I'm unsure of dates but I can 100% confirm that 3 girls I coach/have coached have received letters in the past few days inviting them to trial for COE. I assume September sometime.

Reply #490050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Un19s is 3 days 20-23rd September, so may not be same time as I'm sure Paul gorri who is head of CofE women's and also head un19 coach would want to concentrate on each age for different reasons. Good luck to those girls I know some from nsw went up last school holidays for same reason.

Reply #490054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that during VCE exams?

Reply #490205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No during school holidays first week I think

Reply #490286 | Report this post

dunkman  
Years ago

Any boys worthy of a letter from u16s??

Reply #490767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously not or this thread would be over run by now lol

Reply #490791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The top age girls are a pretty scratchy group at best, so if some of them were invited you would assume some boys were too?

Next years crop of u16s far stronger for the girls with a few obvious future Opals.

Reply #490822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty scratchy group.......you have Lauren SCHERF - already been to two opals camps, main player SEABL, rangers wnbl squad last two years and two world teams already, , Alannah Smith - already been to worlds as un17, SEABL player for Nunawading averaging double doubles was sidelined with injury for a long time but back now, Kristy Wallace already been to AIS, represented Aus at 3x3 at worlds and youth Olympics, represented Australia at pacific champs last year, currently at Baylor university in America, Rachel Antoniadou, country Vic state player for several years winning silver and gold, 2yrs as rangers WNBL squad,represented Australia at Pacific champs last year, current SEABL player with rangers, Froling sisters, Aus reps un17 and 19s, AIS last two years, pacific champs last year, currently in college in USA, nothing scratchy about any one of these .

Reply #490849 | Report this post

someone  
Years ago

I think the scratchy group comment was regarding girls born in 99?

Reply #490865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Top age would be those born in 96, and to decree future opals at that age, unless they are Lauren sherfs size and ability that's a big call, how many do you see do well at un14s nationals and then after 16s you never hear about them again. I remember an un14 team one year had the whole....."these are your future opals "label put on them by BV and some in BA ....... With the exception of one very tall one not one single one of them has even ventured any further than un18s , the tall one has made a couple of Aus camps but that's it and no longer in the running for anything.

Reply #491011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Agree, I recall under 14 nationals for the boys a few years back, one team in particular medalled that year and now 4-5 years later only two of ten players are still considered future talent.

Most just have not grown and are lucky to crack the 6" mark, the others are playing football. Very common misconception to label 11-13 year olds as the future of basketball too early.

Especially with so many other oprtions and distractions out there these days!

Reply #491124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends what you class making it is. For girls , wnbl pay chicken feed and is hardly worth the effort. For the 0.1 percent who make the big time it's certainly worth it. For boys, football is the best option unless your both driven and gifted but at least the national league pays better. Essentially put education first because your one knee injury away from alternatives.

Reply #491130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ absolutely correct! Getting an education cannot be stressed enough, think girls tend to be more focused in that area than a lot of the boys as boys seem to have more options and possibly opportunities to make a success in sport.
However there is some very good money to be made for women in basketball these days compared to say 20 even 10 years ago. Some wnbl teams pay there top 7 players the equivilant of a salary, with the big names making much much more. Europe though is the place for women to get paid, but they need to hit the higher levels either here or at a first tier div1 in America to get the open door into Europe.

But those who label these un14and16 kids as the next big thing are jumping the gun way to early, 95% of them never get to these elite levels. And often those kids who get overlooked at the un14/16 age groups develop better by the time they are UN18 and overtake the so called superstars, that's in both boys and girls.

Reply #491138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sadly only parents label juniors the future of basketball...

Reply #491266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, scratchy group was for 99 born, obviously too complicated for some to follow.

Reply #491285 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754