Big Sexy
Years ago

Blitz to be streamed Live

According to Boti the Blitz will be streamed live and not by Perform

http://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/nbl-blitz-in-brisbane-for-logginsbruton-cup-to-be-streamed-live-by-league/story-fndkzqrr-1227037346915

Topic #35222 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

"We gave them the option but never heard back," Neill said, the league instead doing it by its own means.

Doesnt sound like Perform have any interest on continuing its association with the NBL after its contract expries. Hopefully the league can source a more reliable vendor or maybe look at running its own service.

Reply #489794 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, that was a telling line - seems a bit token. My guess is that the NBL were dissatisfied with Perform while Perform probably regret getting involved and might've expected more subscribers than they got. Still a season to run on the deal though?

At least if this is a first foray into managing live streaming directly, the NBL are only having to contend with the one location and connection rather than variance per stadium.

Reply #489795 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti:

Reliably informed @NBL now has been told by Perform it is OK with league's Blitz live-streaming decision. Everyone is happy!

Reply #489796 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

That doesn't say Perform will do it. It just says Perform is okay with what the league is doing!

Reply #489797 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yep, you're right. Misread it. Seemed like an odd thing to clarify but I guess the NBL figured it reflected badly on their commercial relationship to have that line out there, or were misquoted.

Reply #489799 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I don't understand why they don't just mutually dissolve the Perform / NBL contract.

There is nothing in it for Perform because there will be so few paying subscribers, and there is nothing in it for the NBL because it's such a shoddy service and it hurts their brand.

Surely both parties can come to an amicable split?

Reply #489801 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Hopefully they will also put the games up 'on demand' for the games i cant watch live, anyone know if this will happen??

great news they are at least streaming it live.

Looking forward to seeing all the teams in action, lots of exciting imports coming to the league.

Reply #489802 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mick, I wonder if that topic's ever been broached. Might be that it's just too difficult finding someone willing to get the gear out there and do it.

Might be some complications with Perform tied up in all the club web sites too.

Reply #489803 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"There is nothing in it for Perform because there will be so few paying subscribers"
Wasn't the arrangement that the NBL gets all the subscriber money anyway?

Reply #489810 | Report this post

Ansty  
Years ago

PERFORM gets its money from streaming NBL games live into scores of Asian betting markets, NOT from subscriptions from folks like us. It's also why they won't renege on the existing deal.

Reply #489825 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti says the Blitz commentators are likely to be Matt McQuade, Brad Rosen and Bruce Bolden. He also suggests they're doing it for free.

Reply #489873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754