Peter
Years ago

10 Players to watch at the world cup

The ten players to watch at the world cup (according to the Advertiser, which I assume is Boti) in no particular order are:

STEPHEN CURRY — USA
JAMES HARDEN — USA
ANTHONY DAVIS — USA
DANTE EXUM — AUSTRALIA
NICOLAS BATUM — FRANCE
SERGE IBAKA — SPAIN
RICKI RUBIO — SPAIN
LUIS SCOLA — ARGENTINA
BOJAN BOGDANOVIC — CROATIA
OMER ASIK — TURKEY

Does everyone agree with this list or are there any obvious omissions?

Full article here http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/the-10-players-to-watch-at-the-fiba-world-cup/story-fnii09gt-1227036197628

Topic #35224 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pau Gasol?

Reply #489811 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On my list would be:

Rubio
Saric
Antetokounmpo
Gobert
Dragic
Dieng

Reply #489820 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Harden will be one to watch to see how pissed he gets from not getting foul shots for running straight into defenders.
Especially when they play Spain!!!

Reply #489821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum has been very disappointing in the friendlies... I'd replace him with Aron Baynes

Reply #489846 | Report this post

mat b  
Years ago

I suppose Spain is glad that Juan Carlos Navarro wasn't on the list as may be underestimated by opposition teams.
If anyone has watched him play Euroleague for Barcelona, they'd know that he can score a bunch in a hurry.
If I recall correctly he played well against USA in the Olympic gold medal game.

Reply #489852 | Report this post

hooked  
Years ago

seems they have just gone through the NBA players list.... would like to know some more unknown players to keep an eye on... maybe those who do well in Euroleague.

Reply #489895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harden? I can't think of anyone worse.

Reply #489953 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:25 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754