What the?
Years ago

State team trials in Broken Hill??

I just read on the SAC website that they are holding a one day state team trial "on a Monday" in Broken Hill! Surely this cant be correct? Who is going to travel to Broken Hill to even trial?

Obviously the courts in Alice Springs were full!!!

Topic #35246 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How stupid. Good luck with that!

Reply #490085 | Report this post

Charon 14  
Years ago

Broken Hill will have a strong representation in SA Country teams this year. Don't know about the rest of the state?

Reply #490086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country ha ha ha. What a joke

Reply #490096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha only SAC would hold trials in another state!

Reply #490125 | Report this post

Stealer  
Years ago

Several country associations won't attend the trials because of the ridiculous location. It makes no sense whatsoever. Who is the twit that came up with this brilliant idea?

Reply #490127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are the trials always held in Murray Bridge??? The worst stadium in the central region, and parents need to find accommodation. SAC need to start taking steps forward if they are to be taken seriously. Some city coaches would help as well I think.

Reply #490157 | Report this post

Shim sham  
Years ago

Trouble is they are not smart! The twit running the show has no clue.

Reply #490196 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

SAC have a website?

Reply #490202 | Report this post

Sharky  
Years ago

I don't know who decided this location? The associatons werent even consulted. From Port Lincoln we will have to travel 12 hours there to trial for 4 hours, then drive 12 hours back again dodging kangaroos and emus. I have nothing against Broken Hill, but it is very unfair for kids and very unsafe for parents. I am aware that a few letters have been written to our local member about this matter. Just plain silly and potentialy very dangerous.

Reply #490219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Broken Hill was leaving SA country, didn't they have big blew at one of the trials or country champs?

Reply #490231 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Broken Hill in NSW?

Reply #490238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Millicent is the next spot, the DO spends all his time in this town. Equallity does not equal SAC.

Reply #490272 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sharky, it is unfair. I would have expected trials at a location in Adelaide, which is more central than Broken Hill.

Ideally, Pasadena would be a good spot. Can you imagine how many "informal chats" would occur at the urinal?

Reply #490280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack - I would say people would welcome that in the country considering the lack of coaching they currently get.

Reply #490282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh..junior basketball, always brings out the best in you Jack.

Reply #490321 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

It's good isn't it. You don't even need to use cockles

Reply #490322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is simple, Stuart Macdonald! No action, no idea!

Reply #490339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ahh Jack, the hypercritic trolls as per usual.

Reply #490346 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Just calling it as it is. Bagging out on +100 kg anons just seems to happen. You're not the one they call the "Rolf Harris of Adelaide basketball" are you?

Reply #490348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible location and terrible timing, the 14 Club Championships are on at the same time? Really poor planning by SAC.

Reply #490969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kids that are away at 14 clubs don't need to trial apparently, they automatically make the cut? Yet those that are 10 hours away don't get a look in unless they drive to Broken Hill!

Reply #490990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754