Anonymous
Years ago

8 players who need to step up in the NBL

Great article by Boti.

I couldn't agree more.

It's now or never:

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/eight-is-enough---the-nbl-players-who-need-to-step-up/

Topic #35253 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Creek, Blanchfield, Hill, Webster, Weigh, Walker, Wagstaff, Cadee.

Obviously hit Boti's site to see his rationale.

Reply #490218 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I might be a homer here, but Blanchfield has shown steady improvement each and every year in the league. The guy from the Crocs who needs to step it up is Clint Steindl...

Reply #490221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wagstaff is the only questionable selection seeing that he splits a position with Shawn Redhage, prefers to come off the bench and is pretty effective (average >10ppg) while playing less than 20 minutes per game.

Tough to pick a players from Perth, but if you have to choose one you would have to say Greg Hire.

Reply #490226 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Webster has been on a tear of late and has only just earned a starting spot, he'll have a great season imo.

Reply #490229 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I really don't rate Creek at all this would have to be a break out year for him

Reply #490246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So people rate Cadee?

Reply #490248 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Though not really in the same basket (as he wasn't as hyped as the others) I would add Demos to the list, who recently re-signed for another year.

He needs to start shooting the ball better.

I am a bit philosophical about it though. Some guys have great skills at junior.level that don't translate to the pro level e.g. Creek

If Creek for example fails to make the jump.maybe its our fault for been bad scouts and hyping him up so much that we oversaw his flaws?

I think its also important to be consisder salary and points. If you have a big $ earner and a high valued points player turning in terrible.performances that's not good. You could argue however that some.of those players above are paid midway salaries between starters and bench or even just slightly above bench salaries..in that case a failed experiment isn't as bad as say a guy like Abercrombie underpeforming. Webster's 70kish salary? Vs. Abercrombies 200kish

Reply #490252 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

People not long ago on here were saying Mitch Creek is better than Tom Abercrombie, heck TeRangi is almost better than Creek and he's only played a season.

Reply #490258 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Odigie reminds me of Creek. Both lack a jump shot.

Hopefully he can show a bit more - time will run out for these kids.

And i don't really buy into the whole "he doesn't get enough gametime to show what he can do". I think theres a reason why they don't get the game time - they're simply not up to it based on what theyre doing or not doing in training during the week.

Reply #490269 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I'm guessing this list is about those with a high ceiling (perceived or real) but have not reached it yet.

This excludes Demos, I would myself exclude Walker too.

Others I would have on the list would be :
- Coenraad
- Norton
- Hire

Reply #490311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Demos should be all captain

Reply #490318 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:56 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754