Isaac
Years ago

Sixers e-newsletters - endangered species?

Anyone spotted an e-newsletter from the Sixers recently? I haven't.

BASA: "definitely something we will look at implementing" ("Hmm, costs nothing, is a positive thing, takes barely any time at all, why not?" End of consideration.) That was well over a month ago.

But nothing since. Who's responsible for this?

Would it be worth them using the e-newsletter to spread the word about player signings for those who don't frequent this forum, or for announcing season ticket sales, or is that just too obvious?

Topic #3526 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

One thing I have learnt in my work is that common sense, logic and the obvious are never taken into consideration.

People like to look at the horizon/scenery, but fail to see the tree they are about to drive into.

Reply #40811 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Issac, there is just one problem with your post and the ideas you have suggested....it reicks of common sense

Reply #40812 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Great post Isaac, it was just yesterday I was wondering if I would ever receive the infamous Sixers e-newsletter?

I myself don't really see the difficulty in producing this, it costs very little except some time and all that is really required is some organisation on the part of the Sixers Management.

By sending out an e-newsletter containing player signings, season ticket sales, and other general Sixers info it IMHO will make Sixers fans feel a bit more a part of the club than they currently do, with a website that isn't regularly updated and no other way of hearing Sixers info except via HoopsSA etc.

Is this what we are to continue to expect from Sixers Management? A lack of organisation and genuine care for the people that Support the Sixers? If it is then it doesn't enstil me with the biggest boost of confidence for the Sixers survival in the long term. I will continue to support them, but if they want to get the fan base they once had back Management needs to start doing the little things.

That was just my 2 cents worth.

Reply #40814 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I am pretty sure I've never received an e-newletter since Isaac stopped running the official site.

Reply #40817 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There have been maybe 2 or 3 that I can remember. None since the offseason commenced, despite great opportunities (signings, season ticket sales, etc).

Apparently Members Season Tickets close in about a week. Any idea why?

If it's to get people to make a decision, wouldn't you have an early-bird bonus or prize opportunity, like a chance to win a corporate suite, or a dinner somewhere, or merchandise? And wouldn't you keep reminding people or send out a newsletter?

Reply #40818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #40820 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's on the Sixers site on the right hand side, under CEO's Fan's Corner

Reply #40821 | Report this post

Avanti  
Years ago

OUCH!

Top shot Isaac!

Reply #40822 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Reply #40824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks. Here goes. I will address each point. Y = yes, N = No, DK = Dont know, can anyone enlighten us?

1. Were Smyth and/or Breheny at the Under 18's in Perth this week? DK. Have they been at the AIS? DK.

2/3. Farley signed but it took a while.

8. Maher and Farley have both returned. Where are the final 3 players? N.

21. We will also have cheap game night tickets in the $10 to $15.00 range for sections 17-20 of the Dome. DK.

We have also got to improve our overall communication with the fans. N.

22.We are looking at improving our marketing to improve ticket sales. DK

We are going to run television commercials featuring some of the players on channel 9. N

We will also look to advertise via radio more than we have in the past. N

We also hope our revised ticket pricing with our family pass options will encourage ticket sales and hopefully the team will have another successful season on the court that will see the fans wanting to return every week. DK

We obviously have to improve our game night presentation to make the night more enjoyable for the fans also. Y.

24. Yes, and some other specials will be offered to families. DK.

29. Communication with the fans via the website needs to improve and this is something that we have to address. N

Fans are free to e-mail me, call me on my work phone, or even call me on my mobile that they can readily get from the BASA front office if they have any concerns. DK.

30. Yes, this is a good idea and definitely something we will look at implementing. N

31. We have changed to a new contract cleaner in February of this year who we hope will deliver good results. N

33. As stated previously, we are going to run television commercials featuring some of the players. N

We want to focus on marketing some of the exciting young talent the 36ers have at the moment. N

We will also look to advertise via radio as it is obviously a cheaper option than television. DK

35. This is something that is in the pipeline and that we are working towards. A few things will have to fall in place for this to eventuate but I remain hopeful. N

37. You are correct. This is an area where we are going to have to improve and get information to the fans. N

39. We are looking into this as a possibility for the upcoming season. DK

40. BASA will be taking a greater role in the sale of merchandise next year. DK

41. It may be that they play one or two games this season at the Dome. DK

My report card
Y = 1
DK = 11
N = 11

Not much has changed!

Reply #40825 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #40827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont get e-newsletters, but since jaba took over I have received heaps of spam which appears to have come through their mail server. And always has the return email address of [email protected].

Reply #40828 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it usually comes from "newsletter@adeliade36ers.com". ;)

Reply #40831 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Reply #40833 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Reply #40834 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

That is right Statman.

Someone should be doing it.

While I noted it was imperative for an e-newsletter to be produced during the season, there is no reason why it isn't done during the off-season.

There is a lot of news. There is news as to big time signings in Maher and Farley. There is Oscar and Jacob in the Boomers. There is Dusty in NZNBL Grand final. There is Rogers situation. There must be pre-season plans, etc, etc.

It should be someone's business within the 36ers organisation to deal with reporting back to the fans on these ongoing matters.

An e-newsletter, together with an up to date website is a great way of doing this. It just isn't happening at present.

Reply #40837 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

Would be good to see the corporate folder that Issac is talking about.
Suggested it before,but how about the site feature a 3D camera view of inside the dome?
Maybe put it with the season ticket section,give the fans a idea of the available seats? Yes, Fans Corner does seem abit stiff in the way its presented on the site.

Reply #40839 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stephon, to be fair, there have been new news items added to the site recently. It's those small things that matter, and it's a start.

MMW, the pano from the corporate folder is really great. It should absolutely be the header photo of the entire Sixers site, IMO, to make sure that anyone who hasn't gone to a game before sees what it's like at a game.

Reply #40840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at what he said the 6ers would do and what has actually been done. A lot of people said that it was all hot air when it happened and it looks as though they were right. The organisation is no better now than what it was when the interview took place. The e-newsletter is only a part of what he said he would do!

Reply #40841 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Yes, Isaac.

There have definitely been improvements that I acknowledge. The website is much improved from a few months ago.

However, if you look back over the past season and even where it is now, there are a lot of improvements that can be made content wise.

Lets face it. If you want to find out breaking news re 36ers you come here and not there.

Again, this isn't a criticism of Adrian or JABA as I understand they are reliant on other sources for content.

The thing is that the e-newsletter and the content for website overlap.

Eg same game summary or preview could appear on both website and newsletter.

Reply #40843 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Being a fan of Boti's articles in the Advertiser, lately, we have been completely starved of any news while he has been on holidays.
At least we used to get some kind of BB info on Thursdays from him if nowhere else.
People might think the 36ers don't exist anymore.
Please come back soon Boti!

Reply #40847 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Worth mentioning that I just received an email from Paul Bauer who has been tasked with putting together a regular e-newsletter for sponsors and fans. Hopefully we'll see something soon.

Reply #40848 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee someone from the sixers must have come here during their lunch break and thought, gee thats a new idea we should do one of those e-newsletter that Isaac is talking about :>

Reply #40849 | Report this post

Yoda  
Years ago

Reply #40850 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I was actually asked by JABA to produce some e-newsletters last season.

I wrote about 4, I think 2 got sent out, and I gave up.

Reply #40883 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754