annon
Years ago

Double Dribble Pre World Cup Show

Pretty good, lots of laughs.... Want more though...

Topic #35282 | Report this topic

Budgie  
Years ago

Are you drunk? That show is shit. Low class show with low as budget

Reply #490828 | Report this post

Ballislife  
Years ago

Who cares what Budgie thinks....... He's obviously an grumpy old man! I loved it! The two hosts do well making it just a chilled out fun overrun of the world champs so far! Would like to hear a bit about the other teams tho!

Reply #490863 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

Maybe we should have had Roy and HG doing it. Although thinking about it, that might have blown the ABC sport budget for the year.

Reply #490876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Content and hosts are a B+. Could have more content/bloopers/funny things from other games/countries

Production quality and set are a D-

They look uncomfortable standing up, sitting behind a desk would be better and as much as I say it, they need a laugh track. Whatever audience/laughter they have suck.

Reply #490881 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Ronnie is an actuall Bball fan and knows his stuff. But u can only work with what they have. Which isn't much at all.

It's ok for what it is.

Reply #490907 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

Double Dribble is as good as the in-studio commentary with Smyth, Greer and whoever the sheila is - terrible.

At least Heal and Casey have been solid. Really hope Casey comes back to the NBL.

Reply #490908 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Come on guys, its ABC 2, its free and we are watching it.... better that what we have had - nothing !!!

The funny stuff highlights of the basketball are equivalent of Eurovision song contest though...

Reply #490909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #490920 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

WHats the name of that commentating sheila btw. I find her a little bit attractive.

Reply #490986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm enjoying the coverage a lot more then what we got the last world cup (twitter updates).

Double Dribble has its moments (good and bad).

I thought the studio team did well.

Reply #490988 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

GWB: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Brantz

Reply #490994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought the second episode was a lot better than the first; snappier and with fewer lulls. Agree that they should sit behind a desk. Ronny Chieng is generally funny as a sardonic/deadpan comedian, whereas here he's a little out of his comfort zone.

Oh and there are people on this forum who still use the word 'sheila'? Really?

Reply #491000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stephanie Brantz used to host the NBL games on Channel 9 a few years ago.

Reply #491024 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Casey and Heal have been good. I mute whenever Smyth and co come up though. Haven't watched Double Dribble - the potential for cringe outweighs any likely benefits. It might be targeted at the general public, perhaps.

Reply #491030 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Its a bit light on material, but they can only work with what they have.

I think its pretty good. Not cringeworthy at all in my opinion. It is what it is.

Aiming for the general public more so than basketball fans I think.

Reply #491048 | Report this post

Oh man, this show is awkward. There should be at least a promo with Ronny power dunking on lesser people, like there is no tomorrow, BOOM-SHACKA-LACKA!

Reply #491056 | Report this post

White Russian  
Years ago

The hosts have no chemistry at all. Surprising from the 'Chieng Reaction'. Agree with previous poster that Ronny should do some power dunking.

For examples of Ronny's power dunking prowess check out the following link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akgWJ5noTqI

Reply #491060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Be grateful it's even on TV, basketball is usually overlooked by every station in Australia

Reply #491533 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I love it!!

Reply #491534 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Its not the greatest show,m but its a bit of fun.. just 8 minutes of mixed bag randomness.. why criticise it so much?

Reply #491535 | Report this post

White Russian  
Years ago

Wow, what a transformation from episode 2 to episode 3 and beyond. So much more energy from Dave, Ronny and big-man Gaze, and that seems to have really helped the delivery of the humour.

Use of NBA Jam was a big highlight during a recent episode!

Reply #492344 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754