Isaac
Years ago

Jawai re-signs in Turkey

He's staying with Galatasaray according to David Pick.

Topic #35295 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if they are aware of the... you know, the weight thing!

Reply #491140 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Jawai re-signs in Turkey.

Entire turkey resides in Jawai.

Reply #491145 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

He has to do something about his conditioning he looks at least 140kg and is playing nothing more than scrub minutes for the boomers

Reply #491149 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Given that he played for them last year, I imagine they'd know everything they need to know.

Reply #491150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its simply embarrassing, I have heard the jokes before etc but hadn't seen him for ages until I saw a recent Boomers pic, just unacceptable and he should be ashamed. Nothing professional about his diet habits. Hey good luck to him in the short term if he can still get a contract, long term his heart issues pending will not make him so lucky. Remember athletes always put extra weight on post career to some degree.

Reply #491152 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

At least he could still get up for a dunk against Korea. Schenscher can hardly dunk and he's taller and about 50kg lighter.

Reply #491154 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

leave outback shaq alone

he has just recovered from an injury

he was not blessed with a lean genetic profile

and for a guy 2.08cm tall & 140+kgs

he can still dunk

in person he may be actually slimmer then on tv

Reply #491158 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anybody got recent pictures of him?

Reply #491167 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Well done Nate! Galatasaray will know what they are up for and are sure to have been keeping close tabs on him.

Reply #491168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does everyone get defensive over fat jibes? And instead of looking for solutions, diet plans, personal trainers etc, people say well atleast he can dunk?? He is fat and its a damn shame, because if he focussed on his body just a little just imagine how good he could really be!

Reply #491174 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MACDUB, hit Google Images and look him up.

Reply #491180 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

Jawai does it every time he gets injured. He was in good shape a couple years ago, even a few nba rumours. Needs to stick to a strict diet plan at all times really.

Reply #491183 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

In fairness he's made a rapid recovery from a significant neck injury & made the boomers squad, that doesn't happen without some discipline.

It is surprising that he seems to lack mobility but can still elevate amazingly well for a dude who is as heavy as they come in this sport, the lob he caught from Dante vs Philippines is proof of that.

Reply #491184 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I know his weight has ballooned over the years and he has had periods where he is quite lean and others when he is very round.

Is his current weight gain worse that what it has been in the past?

Reply #491185 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

if i had to choose

i would take Nate Jawai over Glenn Davis or Dexter Pittman

Reply #491194 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

I remember seeing him when he played NBL. He was cut and looked like a taller version of Mark Davis, which is a long way from where he is now.

I understand the injury lay off is stopping the amount of exercise/training he could do, but its not hard to have a good diet.

For a pro athlete, this should be a basic necessity and high priority of their job as it should increase their ceiling, reduce potential for injuries and extend their career.

I assume he should have access to plenty of people who could provide great advice re diet.

Reply #491198 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Has anyone seen his girlfriend? He's punching above his weight there.

http://instagram.com/fashionbit?modal=true

Reply #491204 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Curtley,

He probably has a third leg. Therefore not punching.

Reply #491211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good for him I say

Gone from a major injury where he could not do major physical activity for at least 6 months
and then thrust into a World cup elite competition off not much build up ..

I think what you see at the moment is about right in terms of fitness after such a long break - I thought he looked better against korea and will probably be ok for the rest of the games for about 5-10 mins- his passing out of the post is amazing

the one that really puzzles me is exum - looks gassed after about 2 minutes on court - the guy has zero stamina in games and it shows on defense and offence - I would have thought that with all the build up to the draft he would have been in the best shape of his life - I don't think he will see much court time this season in the nba

Reply #491229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai has/had the potential to be a big time NBA player. Great size, length and he used to have pretty good athleticism. He also has a pretty soft touch and good passing ability. He just can't seem to keep his weight and fitness in check. The injury doesn't really help. Hopefully he gets fit again and becomes the dominating force he was.

Reply #491233 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

dominating form? who did he dominate anon?

Reply #491234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"dominating form? who did he dominate anon?"

I meant in terms of physique/health/athleticism.

Reply #491236 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"in person he may be actually slimmer then on tv"

Maybe there's more to Newman than meets the eye?

No, there's less.

Reply #491238 | Report this post

Our Game  
Years ago

"dominating form? who did he dominate anon?"

Not quite dominating but he had a big impact in his time in the NBL.

Dominated an All Star Game:)

Reply #491245 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Punching above his weight, or just makes enough money that she doesn't care lol

Reply #491262 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He'd have to be punching pretty hard to be punching above his weight.

Reply #491265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the Jawai we'd love to see again:

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2008/06/27/va1237316129165/Nathan-Jawai-6114971.jpg

Reply #491402 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

I'd rather be fat and playing for my country at the highest level, than just being fat and calling people names on internet forums.......

More power to the big unit. Let Jawai be Jawai.

Reply #491443 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

not that I think anyone here is in anything but peak physical shape.

We're all a little bit Jawai inside.

Reply #491446 | Report this post

Pete Mac  
Years ago

King Podge ..... you're my new hero, well after Nate ! Too many people on this forum play the man not the ball (apols for the footy analogy)

Reply #491451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oliver Miller

Reply #491465 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754