Anonymous
Years ago

What is the Andrew bogut academy?

Just curious what it is? Can someone just roughly let me know?

Topic #35318 | Report this topic

Years ago

just google it - website explains it all

Reply #491662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.andrewbogutbasketball.com.au/AboutUs/AndrewBogutBasketball.aspx

Reply #491663 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Seems to be a service for players who aren't good enough to get noticed by colleges by default as part of their regular pathway? If you think you've fallen through the cracks or are a late developer and have the money to burn, maybe it will be of interest to you.

(This is what I've taken from past comments about it. There are a few varying opinions though.)

Reply #491687 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Its a rip off and a way for him to pay the bills outta someone else's pockets so he has a place to train. Oops did I just say that out loud..

Reply #491729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If your a kid who is looking to play in some out of the way community college where you will have to PAY for most of your schooling then its the place go.

Reply #491735 | Report this post

Smeta  
Years ago

I Wasn`t aware that the sole purpose of the Academy was to get kids to college?

"We will get you into D1 college and if you attend our academy you have no chance of heading to college"

I have gone all the way through their website, facebook and Twitter page and I can`t find that written anywhere.

Please do tell me if I am missing something.

Reply #491774 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Its the place where you learn how to be arrogant, constantly injured and unburdened by patriotism.

Reply #491775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every kid there pays a huge fee and part of that fee goes into the pockets of a college recruiter so while it might not say anything explicitly on the web site the implication is certainly there. Problem is that the so called big names who they claim to have been placed by them actually had all the college interest well before they showed up under the academy banner. LS takes a heap of credit for work done by others and is more than happy to create the impression he is doing all the hard work and getting results.

Reply #491777 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This topic has been done to death and covered more than once on these forums. The Academy is there for those whom it suits and while it does offers contacts to US Colleges primarily it is there for those who desire to do some additional training.

It isn't for everyone but the comments I read are often sarcastic and spiteful. If you are a kid who has attended sessions there you will take from them what you put into them, just like anywhere else from my experience.

Some people may have bad examples of it or other programs like it, that doesn't reflect accurately on what it is though...

Reply #491780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Impact charge 25k, not much quality control, same with acb.
Vu 14k on hecs, sedales program similar figures.
How's Lauren Jacksons academy going?

Reply #491783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What ever happened to just working your tail off and doing your own leg work re recruiting

Reply #491811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ How ya gonna create ys posse if ya'll do it all yaself??

Reply #491814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you don't like what they are doing Don't Go.
Fact is Luke trains them hard and gets them ready!
He promises them nothing.He has a lot of contacts and the rest is history!
I don't see any parents of these kids complaining!
Just leave it alone.Next topic!!

Reply #491837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Thanks Luke

Reply #491855 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I agree with 491837. If parents are happy to fork out there hard earned so be it.

Reply #491861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So no criticisms of the other more expensive programs?

Reply #491865 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Just wondering...has anyone on here actually had any first hand experiences with Bogut Academy???
Agree with you Bear that everyone seems to have a negative type comment to post about it. I don't have any personal experience with the program but do know of one kid who trained there and is now at AIS.

Reply #491866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All of you are welcome to come and see for yourselves what we offer.

No doubt there is a cost involved, we have trainers, utilities (fully heated and air conditioned facility, fully heated hot tub and pool, and an icy cold cold tub), rent, mainteance and so on to pay like any other business. This we don't deny. We are priced accordingly and still the most competitive in Market, with no surprise Hecs debts later in life.

We don't tour America for 6k per person and visit disneyland and shoes stores.

We just train and aim to get our athletes placed in the collegiate system, the NBL or although rare, even Europe. We have athletes receive full and partial scholarships (where they have pay half, yes) and this we have never denied.

We are happy to see improvements in our athletes more than anybody. This is our main service, not tours, mix tapes or anything of the sort.

Feel free to relay negative and positive feedback as it will help us improve what we are doing and make our athletes better. Happy to read the Anonymous posts too.

Finally, luckily for Andrew and his injuries, our facility happily deals directly with our clients physio's to make sure they are rehabbing and sticking to their rehab programs so they can be back on court as quick as possible.

Have a great day

Reply #491867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great reply LS. Even you need to make a dollar.

Reply #491887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Latrentis.

I think the kid you're referring to was already on BA's radar and had already played in the Aus U17 team and already been to Aus U17 Selection & Development camps before attending the ABA.

I don't think LS can take credit for developing this player.

However, I believe he assisted one kid go to Pepperdine last year. This kid was on the fringe of the U18 Vic Metro team at the time. So again, it's questionable how much credit the ABA or LS take.

There's another kid that is in the current Aus U17 team that has been going there as well. He has been in U16 & U18 Vic Metro teams as well. How much credit can the ABA & LS take???

IMO if you have parents that want to spend the money, go, but don't expect it will magically lead to results, state teams, Aus teams, College Scholarships, etc. People have to be realistic.

Reply #491893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It amazes me how negative people are in relationship to an academy trying to help develop young players. The even worrying thing is that the people making these comments are probably highly involved in rep clubs. The problem is these young players are not often given a chance through the normal processes. What do you expect, that an academy would be free for players, that's not realistic. I'm sure I would rather pay for coaching in an amazing facility than save my pennies and regret not giving my child the best possible chance of a good education, competing in a sport they love, in a country that provides these opportunities. Just a thought...

Reply #491894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Didn't see LS's reply before I posted.

Agree, good reply LS. It is what it is.

Work hard, Train Hard and you never know what may be achieved.

Reply #491899 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yes, I can offer first hand experience, both my boys attended a two day camp and yes the big Bogy Man was hands on at the camp and yes I paid some $$$ for it.

What can I say about it, we got our money worth, both Luke and Andrew were awesome and didn't promise anything other than what they delivered.

The focus of the camp was on exactly the right direction for us at the time and if it suits us we would go again.

If we lived closer we would take more advantage of the facility and the coaching, for sure.

Not going into specifics here or any fan fair about it, just giving a non judgmental and impartial view...

Reply #491906 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a great idea to set up and Academy to "pay the bills". Fwit.

Reply #491927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree - that's why LS deserves a medal and the program has its upside.
I like LS and admire his dedication.
Everything comes at a cost and everyone has a choice to pay or to stay.

Nothing personal just facts.

Reply #491938 | Report this post

Radical  
Years ago

Can't believe how negative or rude some people can be.

Like the other parent, my kids have gone to work at this Academy. They are not State or NITP kids but they want to work hard and get better.

Prior to going to the Academy they worked, individually, with people recommended by their Association. It cost the same as at the Academy but didn't get a quarter of the benefit. In fact, they get a whole heap more working with LS and the other coaches.

Have they learnt and improved, yes! Have they got more from being a part of the Academy, yes. Are they being promised any thing more than coaching, use of the whole facility and a better understanding of what they need to do, yes

So, finally, leave these guys alone and let them offer their services. Like any business, people have the right to decide and pay what they want for the services they want.

they won't be around if they don't satisfy their customers.

Reply #492073 | Report this post

Radical  
Years ago

Finally, the radical idea! If you are going to crap on people and businesses, why don't you have the balls to put your name on it.

Or just crawl back into your hole and leave people trying to make their business a success alone.

Reply #492077 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Few posts deleted. Please stick to the topic.

Reply #492086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think adults forget that this academy is supposed to be for the kids and not them. If the kids are enjoying it and improving that's all that matters isn't it.

Reply #492417 | Report this post

Nix 49  
Years ago

My boy attended.every morning, up at 5.30 am.
Luke ain't soft on them, my sons game did improve but mostly he has been at college for one yr now, loves Malibu and works his tail off. If you ask him instead of all these people above who are not parents who pay the $$$$$ like we did I think you would hear him say Luke is a tough coach he worked him hard and the academy prepared him for college.the hourly rate is a lot less than indies going around.the facility is top notch as for the new team mates he made friends with its priceless.
If you have not had a kid there you can not comment!
All the best Luke !

Reply #492642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Luke why do you keep looking here mate, just get over your self and grow a set.

Reply #493063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is the best set up in australia bar non

Reply #824438 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754