janitor
Years ago

Can Ryan Broekhoff make the NBA?

Starting sg / sf for a big club in Beskitas as well as catapulting into a key boomer.

Has a lethal 3 ball and solid on d. Could he join the growing number of aussie nba players?

Topic #35322 | Report this topic

GWB  
Years ago

Needs to improve on defence, and I would like to see if he can take it to the rack a bit more.. but its not completely impossible in a couple of years.

Reply #491781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be in the NBA

Reply #491785 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me if he was getting interest already.
Has a great 3pt shot but needs to work on other facets of his game. Maybe 1-3 years away

Reply #491789 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Add some weight/strengh to his frame he could be a servicable 3 & D guy in the league.

I could see him as a Steve Novak type however he would have to guard swing men so only knock could be he lacks the qucikness to guard these guys as he is only 6'7...then again Korver does it so it can be done if he shooting cover enough for his D.

Reply #491791 | Report this post

janitor  
Years ago

So many aussies in nba or close to it now! So good.

Reply #491792 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

200% better chance him getting in then bubbles

Reply #491793 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Has the game to definitely figure. At Valpo he was the man and had a great college career. I think he can be a solid rebounder and disrupter on defense

Reply #491794 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

He is a great rebounder for his position already. Would love to think he is getting some interest.

Reply #491795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The problem is, other than shoot 3's he can't really do anything. When he puts the ball on the floor he looks very uneasy and often turns it over.

There's a definite spot in the nba for dead eye 3 point shooters a la Korver but he's not on the 'dead eye' level yet.

Reply #491800 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Like all Australian guards and perimeter guys, he needs to work significantly on his handle.

Reply #491806 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I wouldnt say he adds 'nothing' but threes.. hes a good rebounder for his position and tends to make the smart pass.

Reply #491809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has a great chance as a 3 and D player. Went undrafted last year as he went to a mid-sized school and he had to play PF rather than SG/SF. As such, his handle didn't improve in the 4 years in college.

If he can add a shot fake and drive as well as a few moves off the pick and roll, as well as a little more strength then he would be a lock for the NBA in 1-2 years.

Reply #491815 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

He's 24 this year. Will have to be elite at 3&D for him to be worth a team looking into instead of just getting a similar, younger player on a rookie contract.

Don't get me wrong, I hope he turns into an elite shooter that is too good not to bring across, but I would think he'll just carve out a very good, long euro career instead.

Reply #491819 | Report this post

MCV  
Years ago

Really surprised by his solid World Cup performance. His defence has been decent. It's one of the reasons why Goulding is getting scant court time.

Reply #491823 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Underrated i remember in his draft year Chad Ford had him ranked #23 in the top SF's in the draft. Pretty respectable for a player out of Valpo! Can flat out shoot, agreed that his handles need work but that isn't very hard to teach!

Reply #491833 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

I imagine some teams/his agent should be getting interest.

He needs to work on a good pull up jump shot, as when players scout him they will close out hard but i don't think he has the speed like newley does to blow by and get to the rim but if he could develop a good pull up j like Klay Thompson has that would add a lot to his game. + as mentioned will need to improve his handle. but he is a solid rebounder for his size.

Reply #491840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #492410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not NBA worthy. Just no. But could carve out a nice Euro career IMO.

Reply #492444 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754