Anonymous
Years ago

BSA Competition Manager resigns

Seems something is wrong in BSA Head Office, were already advertising three positions and now another.

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=62&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=986&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=a367e02f08

Topic #35342 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul Arnott has been phenomenal for basketball in SA>

The role is advertised at $60K. No wonder Arnott left the role!! Considering his background, education responsibility and workload I would have thought someone like that could get about 3x that in another organisation.

Good luck getting a replacement for that amount, and to the basketball community it shows that if you don't value what you have, you lose it!

Reply #492363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps Forestville might have to travel a bit now

Reply #492380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pay peanuts get monkeys

Reply #492441 | Report this post

BSA  
Years ago

Travel Where ?..

Reply #492449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sure Forestville have forwarded a short-list of candidates from their Club to replace him

Reply #492462 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Get over yourselves you blokes!!!!

If he was so Forestville bias, he would have moved seasons forward by three weeks and allowed Forestville to play all their finals at home like Sturt do!!!

Give me. Break

Reply #492471 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The only constant in life is change and I wish Paul all the best for the future.

363, if there are any $180K jobs out there, please let me know!

Unfortunately, whenever someone in a position like that has a strong link to a club, there will always be a lot more scrutiny involved, particularly when that club is the central club operating from a BSA controlled stadium.

Reply #492474 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Does this mean an end to that stupid summer season group phase bullshit. We can only hope

Reply #492478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldnt expect change until clubs have been consulted. So I would expect this summer will be the same phasing. I just hope whoever takes over is prepared to shake things up and make changes.

Reply #492489 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

No competition committee in place since they called for nominations in May1

What about the CEO

No capital investment in his time
No new stadiums
U23 comp is a disgrace
ABA is weaker

Reply #492505 | Report this post

BSA all star  
Years ago

1.mill in the bank for a nice payout though. Gonna try and squeeze more money out of the clubs we can as well.

Reply #492509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant make capital investment until you build a nest egg- the company is only 8 years old.
Have to have money to pay out staff- good business
U23 introduced - but hasnt changed since introduction-just needs to be review.
ABA - talent drain to college- cant be blamed on organisation
Pro/rel- just needs to go as no-one likes it and now with change it probably will.

Reply #492519 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

For those who say Forestville get a golden run in the Summer draw, can someone look at the last say 6 seasons.

Each summer season is 13 games, 6 or 7 home games. Over say 6 seasons, each club should have had 39 H & 39 A games if the draw was even.

Forestville play against 3 "outer" clubs (Centrals, Southern and Mavs) and six "inner" clubs. If the draw was fair, 1/3rd of the away games over those past 6 seasons of summer would be at the outer clubs., i.e. 13 away rounds at Centrals, Southern and Mavs.

If there is no bias in the draw, Forestville would have had 39 away rounds with 13 of them at the "outer" clubs, if there is a bias in the draw, there would be more home games and less rounds played at the "outer clubs"

Can someone look at the last six summer seasons?

Reply #492520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No future at BSA, this guy worked his tail off for very little reward. There are problems right through the organization from administration to development. The premier league CABL is in the worst shape it has ever been in. No wonder we lose kids to other sports
BSA has no competitions Manager, and no one waiting in the wings to step in! (Mod: Removed at the request of Michael Rogers.)and recently lost the right to host the U20 Nationals in Febuary due to poor facilities and basically not giving a toss.
People we are in very bad shape here in SA!

Reply #492612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, what quals/experience do you have?

What proven experience do you have in managing the governance, marketing, human resources, it, administration, operations and strategy functions in complex, multi-dimensional organisations with a volunteer workforce of 100s, with a multi-million dollar turnover?

Can you prove you are capable of taking on a role working over 55 hrs per week?

If you're of the caliber of the outgoing competitions manager, $180 K is almost a bargain for your services. We should talk. ;)

Reply #492613 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

No hope for any change to the Summer crap now.

He goes in 3 weeks

No change in the comp committee

CEO unlikely to show leadership and take a lead role

So here we go again

Promo /relo again and we still have clubs withdraw fromDiv1 half way throughWinter

The 5 game series is crap for those in it

The chances of the winter season coming forward 3 weeks to avoid the Wayville closure unlikely

ABA still going to be 18 boring weeks and with no marketing or communications person in place, don't see too much change there.

One person leaving leaves us in limbo till Summer 2015/16

Wow, inspiring stuff

Reply #492635 | Report this post

hustle  
Years ago

I think he did a great job. If you take the time to read the JD - understand all the responsibilities, the out of hours work and the continual bashing from just about every club - you would consider this position not worth the 60k.

Im not a Forestville person, but I have had some dealings with Paul. In my personal experience he was always fair, clear, articulate and well organised. I can only hope, for Basketball's sake in this city/state, that we can find somebody nearly as competent as him.

Good luck with your future endeavours Paul.

Reply #493613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is he moving onto?

Reply #495369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sports software stuff

Reply #495377 | Report this post

Rock  
Years ago

I am not a Forestville person. I think Paul has done an outstanding job. The complexity and fluidity of the work he managed is a difficult and demanding work-load, and we can only hope we get someone to replace him who is half as good! (The odds are we won't!)

Reply #495381 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754