paul
Years ago

Cedric Jackson declares interest in Tall Blacks

It would be a dream come true for NZ basketball fans, and Cedric Jackson has said he is interested in becoming naturalised and playing for the Tall Blacks.

At 28 he is still a strong chance to be playing good basketball come the 2019 World Cup, and if he is naturalised in time would give the Kiwis a good shot at Rio.

A great quote from Marc Hinton's article was:

"Representing another country, I'd take a lot of heat for that, but it's OK, this is my home now."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/10465364/Cedric-Jackson-keen-to-play-for-New-Zealand/

Topic #35347 | Report this topic

Phil  
Years ago

if he is willing to stick in nz for the required amount of time and play for rio than good for nz.

also good for the nbl if he sticks around long term.

i also like to see nz do well at bball as long as they arnt playing us. jackson loe abercrombie and adams is a decent group , just need a younger penney clone!!

Reply #492467 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Thats the problem, in qualifiers they will be playing us. but isn't it changing to Aus/NZ will be in asia qualifiers? whens that? when that happens it will probably always and only be Aus/NZ qualifying from this side of the world.

Reply #492484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no good PGs in NZ hey?

Reply #492488 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Plenty of good PG's .....Jackson is a great PG

Reply #492498 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes!

Go with:

Jackson
Penney
Abercrombie
Fotu
Adams

A core of Jackson, T.Webster, Fotu and Adams = future looking bright

Or we could go with:

Jackson
T.Webster
Penney
Fotu
Adams

Reply #492500 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Perhaps add Thon Maker to the list ....I heard a rumour

Reply #492513 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Thon makers probably moving to Canada, and probably going to get citizenship.. at which point I will boo him til thy mouth is sore!

Reply #492521 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The team for 2016 qualifying tournament and (hopefully) Olympics could be:

Adams/Pledger/Loe
Fotu/Vukona
Abercrombie/Te Rangi
C Webster/Penney/Bartlett
Jackson/T Webster

That's a nice team.

Reply #492530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like the look of the team. Be interesting too see how Vukona and Penny are two years from now. Fotu is showing signs of stepping up.

Reply #492534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackson would have to stay in NZ consecutively for four years, unless he's fast tracked under citizenship laws. (Believe his clock restarted with the year off in Slovenia).

Longshot but if he's keen it's worth testing.

Reply #492536 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

It can be fastracked quickly.

Mine was.

Reply #492539 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Could be a massive coup for the Tall Blacks.

Jackson/
C.Webster/T.Webster
Abercrombie/TeRangi
Fotu/Loe/Salt/Anthony
Adams/Pledger/Wynard

Reply #493282 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:01 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754