Annon
Years ago

Australia vs Turkey

What time is the game tonight??

Topic #35358 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do I need to start a new thread to answer this ???

Hmmm maybe if I look down the page and find the appropriate thread I might discover it will start at 3.55am...

Reply #492607 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

It would've been faster to Google it.

Reply #492608 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

3:55am on ABC (Monday Morning-8 September)

Reply #492610 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Except that's E.S.T.

Reply #492611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #492618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

any fans going to the game, you can likely move from wherever you are sitting to create a fan cheering section like the teams did last night.

Reply #492627 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

What's the best drug to take at this time to ensure the alcohol you've been drinking all day wears off by work at 9:30AM EST???

Reply #492648 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Water

Reply #492649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davif Anderson straight sucks and is hurting Australia.....

Reply #492668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No will to win whatsoever. Disgrace...

Reply #492669 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Clutching defeat from the jaws of victory

Reply #492670 | Report this post

Gavmiester  
Years ago

Gutted...

Reply #492671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball karma gets the Boomers.

That, the fact we can't guard the pick and roll and no ability to run a half court offence.

Reply #492672 | Report this post

Step back  
Years ago

Im following the stats but not watching...what just happened???

Reply #492673 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

Gutted.

Had the game and we switched off for a few minutes late in the 3rd. Missed FT's gave them a sniff late, and they hit 2 clutch 3's to sink us.

Reply #492674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How good is the tank againt Angola looking now

Reply #492675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another average finish with our average team

Reply #492676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball Australia sucks from top to bottom. Needs a complete overhaul.

Reply #492678 | Report this post

Balla  
Years ago

Our Pick and roll defence is a disgrace, and as they say free throws win games

Reply #492679 | Report this post

dann37  
Years ago

In the end we got what we deserved after tanking Angola and honestly we dont belong among top 8, not yet, although we would probably beat dominican rep if we would finish 2nd, karma is a bitch!

Reply #492680 | Report this post

Gavmiester  
Years ago

Time for a complete over reaction on the thread......

Reply #492681 | Report this post

Johnnysack  
Years ago

Gotta hit those fts. No need to heap it on, but someone must really be hurting right now.

As Radiohead said "You do to yourself, you do, and that's why it really hurts. You do it yourself, you do, you and no-one else."

Reply #492682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Karma is a bitch hahah

Reply #492683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poetic justice!!

Reply #492684 | Report this post

DC  
Years ago

Aussies dominated the game, the only reason Turkey was in the game was because of free throws.
10/19 is not good enough at this level!

Reply #492685 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Free throws cost us

Reply #492686 | Report this post

Fm  
Years ago

Foul shots is something we can improve.

Loved the experience of Turkey. Quick Tech from the coach won them the game. Complete referee change since.

Reply #492688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some positives i guess are baynes looking more like the dominant nba player than asik, and delly is solid at the point position for us.

such a frustrating loss, free throws and a stupid fouls cost us this one.

Reply #492689 | Report this post

dann37  
Years ago

Delly does not belong in NBA in my opinion, he will spent his whole career bench warming by staying there, he is a role player in Euroleague at its best...Missed Patty and offensive abilities...

Reply #492691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly does not belong in NBA in my opinion, he will spent his whole career bench warming by staying there, he is a role player in Euroleague at its best...Missed Patty and offensive abilities...

Somewhat true, but wasnt it only a couple of seasons ago patty was a benchwarmer struggling for minutes?
given the time and the oppurtunity i think delly can make it in the NBA.

but yeah we missed patty a heap this world cup.

Reply #492692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't believe the laksadaisical attitude of the players and coaches....
The only game that looked like we gave a dam was against Lithuania.

I hope by rio that both lemanis and opals coach Joyce are gone and that we replace players with others who have an aggressive mentality on both ends of the floor. Eg mills.

Is there a psychologist on the team? Needs to be..

Reply #492693 | Report this post

Fm  
Years ago

LMAO. Watch Delly with LeBron. Will feed Cleveland point scorers better than most.

Reply #492695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone explain to me why Baynes does not hit the open man earlier on our 2nd last play ??

He had Broekhoff who is our best perimeter shooter wide open as well as Bairstow and hangs onto the ball too long before finally finding Bairstow with the shot clock going off.

Is it just me or does Baynes ego gone through the roof since the Spurs won the NBA title.

Free throws also hurt, as did poor half court offensive execution and disgraceful pick & roll defense.

We have too many guys with flaws in their game and decision making not great either.

Cant understand why anyone would drive and kick to Brad Newley on the perimeter or make an extra pass to him late in the shot clock.

Delly & Ingles needed to be more creative earlier, the only way we looked like scoring was via Delly at the foul line or via his on ball execution and via Ingles ability to create and get in the lane from the wing drive.

Tried to manipulate the system and come up short.

Failure all round for Lemanis, should of just taken a top 8 finish by beating the Dominican Republic & let our young group play against the USA, would of made your resume look a damn sight better then what it does now !!

Reply #492697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It gets even better:

Emir Preldžić:

Nationality SLOVENIAN / Bosnian / Turkish

I guess karma really is a bitch lol

Reply #492699 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

The times when we actually stuck to our game plan of pushing the ball in transition we looked the far superior team. Unfortunately this lasted, what, 5 minutes?

Missed free throws, lazy turnovers and I hate admitting this, but a purposeless half court offense cost us in the end. A 'motion offense' without sufficient ball movement, player movement or capable decision makers was never going to cut it.

Absolutely gutted.

Reply #492700 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

Hahahahahahaha

Reply #492701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much for great strategy!!

Reply #492704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Banes was outright dirty, luckily got away with many fauls when screening..hipping out the defenders.Not to mention chesting Preldzic from behind following a dunk..what a coward.
Yes Australia can't defend PnR very well but Turkey did not win this game with pick n rolls. Among other things stupid offensive fauls by Andersen were as clutch as the last two shots of Turkey.

Reply #492705 | Report this post

Johnnysack  
Years ago

I'm conflicted with Baynes. I like the mongrel in him but it seems to come out too early and often. Bairstow looks like he could be key part of the team for the foreseeable future though.

Reply #492706 | Report this post

Johnnysack  
Years ago

Should be interesting to see what if anything Baynes can parlay his wc performance into.

Reply #492708 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Haen't watched the game yet just checked out the box score.

Questions? Motum v Angola looked great offensively, demanded David Andersen's mins but only 1 min for Australia??? (clearly no one was playing much d that game)

Chris Goulding looks a much more dynamic and willing scorer than Broekhoff, but obviously Broekhoff buys into the system and is better defender, still after a very dominate offensive performance demanded mins especially in a game that Broekhoff scored 5 points in 18 mins?

Exum hasn't looked like a pro but a talented HS basketball baller. At these knockout stages should only be getting garbage mins if australia up by 15 or more. instead played 10 mins for 0 points 0 assists. Shouldn't those mins go to Goulding or even Gibson.

Ingles shot well but clearly has still has a roll player mentality as he shot only 5 attempts. Australia's half court offence against Angola (yes obviously they are not a defensive powerhouse) with Bairstow, Motum Goulding and Gibson. Bairstow and Motum were setting down screens to get goulding open who was money. and Motum and Bairstow are very good pick n pop players but Lemanis seems unaware of this???

Why did Delly shoot 6 3pt attempts?? surely the offense works better when the PG is getting to the reliable shooters?

Reply #492709 | Report this post

Years ago

Execution under pressure. That is all.

Reply #492712 | Report this post

Adam  
Years ago

Can't help feeling we got what we deserved after 'intentionally losing' to Angola. I wonder how many players felt conflicted about the Angola game, and whether that played a factor. Hey maybe they chucked this as well.

Reply #492716 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

I thought Exum Played well in the first half. He ran the team well and defended. I havent seen the stats but had to be about +10.. He never saw the floor in the 2nd half?

Reply #492717 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Hopefully the coaching staff have learned as well as the players.

Really need Mills - Baynes ain't ready to lead this group.

Reply #492719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum was +1, same as team.

Reply #492725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... same as team in 1st half I should say.

Reply #492726 | Report this post

D  
Years ago

Hate to be the one to say it, but how far did we realistically think we'd go in this world cup without mills and bogut? We nearly beat Turkey, not a bad result really for this group. For me, thats why it was so necessary to tank the angola game, who wants to beat dom republic only to get smashed by USA... we had a fighting chance against turkey and lithos ... smart stuff from coaching staff and senior players

Interesting side note - listened to Zach Lowe and Fran Franchilla from ESPN talk world cup yesterday, Fran said he was surprised at the ingles NBA talk, commented that ingles was a average euroleague player who couldn't be relied on ever night to do his thing ... hmmm

Reply #492728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Australia lost on purpost to avoid USA in the semis.

Reply #492730 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Goodbye Andersen.
I think Mills and Bogut will be joined in Rio by Dellavedova, Exum, Ingles, Baynes and Broekhoff with all other spots up for grabs.

Reply #492741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your joking Bogut will never play for Australia again its all about the money can't say I blame him

Reply #492790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was just a crap game all round. Turkey have a couple of good players but they had nothing going for them all game apart from BS fouls and big 3's when it counted, Australia had good patches but too many WTF were you thinking moments. Out of all the WC games I've seen it was probably the ugliest of them all. Just so damn ugly..

All I got out if it is that Turkey are the biggest floppers by far at the tournament, it's just disgusting to watch and the fact that Lemanis completey fcked up his subs. Going on a 10-0 run being 12 points up, he subs the guys off who were on fire at the time at the 6min left mark of the 3rd or 4th (i can't remember coz the game was that shit) quarter? that was the beginning of the slide. Also if Baynes is still our go to guy at the Olympics... why even bother talking it up.

Anyway better luck next time.

Reply #492932 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:09 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754