Anonymous
Years ago

Kirk Penney's World Cup and future

He had a horrific tournament. 10.8ppg on 30.1%. How many years does he have left in him? Is he almost done?

Topic #35366 | Report this topic

The Dream  
Years ago

wow fall back

he hasn't fallen off

just had a tough tournament

Reply #492862 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

bet the OP is the same guy who thinks walker would have been our savior

Reply #492868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't KP is on the decline. His stats in Europe prove. The Fact that he has been heavily scouted and that the other teams see him as the Tall Blacks no 1 scorer means he was heavily guarded through out the tournament. Hopefully with Adams to come in and Fotu and C Webster stepping up while take pressure of KP in future games/tournaments.

Although I think KP's shooting was poor during the WC even he would admit too it.

Reply #492886 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

OP clearly doesn't understand Penney is virtually hounded every game. Draws an insane amount of attention.

Reply #492887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which is no different to any other tournament, he's always been the kiwi's offence.

He's clearly on the decline and close to the end which is to be expected at almost 34.

Reply #492894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly, being the only Tall Black that can put the ball in the hole hasn't stopped him from dropping 20 a game in the past.

Reply #492905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly my point as you say he has been the only consistent Tall Black that can put the ball in the hole for the better part of a decade. So one tournament were he shoots poorly doesn't suddenly mean he is on the decline. I think it would be better to reserve judgement to see how he does for his club this year and the Oceania qualifies for the Tall Blacks next year. Although at his age it would indicate that their would start to be a decline in his play.

Reply #492915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad he isn't in the NBL or Euroleague so his play goes unwatched. I know he is in Turkey but they aren't in Europe which sucks we miss out.

Reply #493128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754