Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers: Walker would have made a difference

As much as i hate to think it and then post it i think walker could have made an impact this tournament.

Topic #35367 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

hahahha....really!

Reply #492863 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

LOL

Reply #492864 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

just checked calendar , sorry mate April fools was months ago

Reply #492867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bloke proned to make the easy look ridiculously hard with a number of brain explosions being trusted in a tight match like that....

Nah he would of been saddled up beside Goulding anyway.

Reply #492871 | Report this post

mr ginger  
Years ago

walker stop posting under Anonymous, go make a name

Reply #492874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If he could make foul shots give him a crack.

Reply #492878 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

It is fair enough to talk about the 4 spot problems on the team. Andersen was defensively inept at the 4. It was a failure to play Andersen there, although there is an argument that our other 4 men were inexperienced and untested.

Andersen
2012: 20mpg, 12.0ppg (1.3 3P/g, 40% 3pt%, 36% 2pt%), 6.0rpg, 1.3 tpg.
2014: 21mpg, 6.3ppg (0.2 3P/g, 25% 3pt%, 32% 2pt%), 5.0rpg, 1.8 tpg.

Given his clear defensive woes, that is a very disappointing finish to his Boomers career.

Call me crazy, but I concur with the OP. Walker might have offered something different: a kind of high intensity, disruptive defense that neither Andersen (nor Motum nor Bairstow) can provide. If the Boomers plan to play a disruptive defensive style (which basically was responsible for our win over Lithuania), Walker is a good fit. He could have been that mobile 3/4 that we needed. He has also developed a good perimeter shot. Walker could have played that Worthington role. When we observe Andersen's productivity at both ends, it doesn't take much to say that he might made a difference.

The big mystery is why Lemanis persisted with Andersen playing so many minutes at the 4. Perhaps it says something about the confidence he had in Motum and Bairstow (who had a particularly slow start to the tournament). I think it is also fair to question why Motum and Bairstow didn't play more, rather than Andersen taking the majority of the 4-man minutes.

Reply #492890 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

To put the stats above in context, I wouldn't blame Andersen's lower productivity on him alone. He was played out of position. Remember that Andersen played most of his minutes at the 5 spot in London. Playing more minutes at the 4, he was guarded by quicker, more mobile 4s, who exploited him more while Andersen was on D, and didn't leave him open for those perimeter shots that he had in London.

Reply #492892 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The "ideal world" version of Walker would have made a big difference, yes.

We were missing a big, mobile, athletic guy contesting that three at the buzzer instead of the more limited Bairstow. We had no 'tweener forwards.

But the real world version of Walker probably wouldn't really get much time anyway. What we are really missing is the parallel universe version of Mark Worthington where he fulfilled his potential: big body who can play some 4 and a little bit of 3 who can shoot it from deep and brings toughness and asshole factor. Unfortunately real life intervened and Wortho is fat and unmotivated.

Reply #492901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah no walker shouldn't be in the team

Realistically no nbl player should be

That being said Andersen shouldn't either he was woeful.

Reply #492909 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I love Waxy but that is just plain stupid dude!

Reply #492923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waxy?

Oh ok. I assumed that Antoine Walker must have naturalised and dropped about 10 years of age.

Waxy ... LOL! Good onya for bringing the funnies

Reply #492938 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yes Walker should have been on this team, apparently had an excellent camp, but i think the selectors made a pick for the future in Motum rather than a pick for now in Walker or Worthington.

Reply #492943 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Yep Walkers hustle would have been great

Reply #492971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree, Anderson was not the right choice. He shouldn't have been there along with Jawai.
I think Baynes could have played at pf with say an oglivy at centre. I thought Daniel Johnson was impressive for his club in Puerto Rico and probably deserved a pf role also.

Reply #492975 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

I'd love to see what an in form Jawai could do.

Reply #493051 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Walker has no place in the boomers

Reply #493061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Walker is too small to play 4 internationally.. It's not a small ball league like the nbl at the international level

Reply #495905 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Plenty of players Walker's size and smaller play PF internationally, plenty of small ball goes on. Slovenia and Turkey both had stints against the Boomers with SFs playing the 4.

Reply #495928 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754