Anonymous
Years ago

2014 BA Australian Schools Championships

Anyone know how the Championship Division works at these championships? How do they select which 8 (or so) teams qualify?

Also, anyone got any tips for who the schools to watch might be?

Topic #35383 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Victoria I believe you have to win the McDonald's Cup to get an invite into the Championship Division.

To enter the McDonald's Cup your school, has to apply. The McDonald's cup is played early August.

The McDonald's Cup has already been played for 2014. I think the first day reduces the teams to 8, then the second day finds the top 2. The top 2 then play a final, usually at Eltham on a Monday night in early/mid October,

Fixtures for 2014 can be found at:

http://www.basketballvictoria.com.au/index.php?id=102&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=952&cHash=8f4809d355

Reply #493238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would know?
two weeks from U14 Nationals - Boys and Girls, and still absolutely nothing on BA web site.

Reply #493379 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

Info here ...

http://www.basketball.net.au/championships/asc/

Baseline entry is one team per state - Qld, NSW, Vic, SA, WA, Tas, ACT ... champion team from each state, as stated previously in Vic this is the McDonalds Cup.

There is some provision for an additional teams to be nominated to make up 8 teams ... not clear how this works.

Reply #493477 | Report this post

T  
Years ago

Hellyer College, Burnie won the Tasmania State Champs and will rep in both boys and girl events.

Reply #493705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Found out NSW teams in the boys are St Francis Xavier's Hamilton and Sydney Boys High School

Reply #493714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:48 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754