LC
Years ago

Update on the Aussies in US High School

The latest on Thon Maker, Ben Simmons and Kouat Noi who has headed to Huntington Prep + more on other Aussies in US High School.

Rising Stars in US High School: Thon Maker to Canada, Kouat Noi to attend Montverde Academy

Topic #35399 | Report this topic

Naph  
Years ago

Humpries at 1.6rpg in the U17's, lucky to get a gig, don't you just hate talls that don't rebound? :P

Seriously though, great work putting that together LC.

Reply #493614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LC we can't wait for the coverage of our next junior crop about to embark on college pathways who have decided to stay here to complete year 12 and play in local competitions like Big V Youth League and the equal.

Reply #493620 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Was not me that put that together, Olgun Uluc derives the credit! I'm just making sure people are aware of it, and the plan is for more of these updates in future.

Reply #493633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Austin Treweek??? who the hell is this?? Is this kid worthy of making the list or is it just another person selling a bs story about a player to create hype.

What level did he play at here in oz and where is he from?

Reply #493696 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Deng Adel

Reply #493712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the previous articles said Treweek has interest from NC State and some other Div 1 colleges. So I guess he's noteworthy

Reply #493725 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Treweek's home junior association I believe was Keysborough in SE Melbourne.

Reply #493741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Interest" Does he or is someone selling the story as per my previous post. Seen some of the kids Youtube clips, can certainly score but is small and doesn`t seem to have the explosive speed to compete at that level.

Has he played at a decent BIG V or Seabl level in Australia or is he another "academy" kid.

Reply #493742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aus bball prospects isn't usually seen as one that 'sells' stories.
That kind of stuff is usually reserved to organizations that run camps and recruiting services and plug the kids that are a part of it

Reply #493784 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Keep in mind he is in high school! I't not like he headed off to college like most do in the first instance...and he has genuine D1 college interest too which is not being 'made up'!

I personally have no idea on his chances of a D1 gig, but I wish him all the best.

At this stage he is just potential, however why should he not receive a mention and some coverage? The article is about Aussies in US HS, published on an Australian basketball website and now being discussed on an Australian basketball forum!

Reply #493802 | Report this post

Smeta  
Years ago

Austin is doing his thing over there, all going well he will end up in the place he wants to be. No need to hate on the kid for pursuing his dreams.

Reply #493845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754