LC
Years ago

Spain vs France: 2014 World Cup

Wow!

What a game...

Topic #35401 | Report this topic

mortified penguin  
Years ago

Wow, shocked, awed and lols. This is what happens when people prematurely crown you Gold Medalists before the Gold Medal game.

Reply #493558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crazy results happening.

Reply #493559 | Report this post

Harry Balls  
Years ago

Hey, look at all this room up here on the France bandwagon! Everyone climb aboard!

Reply #493562 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

both results today are kind of mind blowing.

Reply #493563 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

TANK !

Reply #493564 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Spain just wanted to avoid the US

Reply #493565 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Not happy about this at all.

Spain and USA would have been a close, hotly contested final.

Now we are looking at a one-sided final.

Won't even bother watching.

Reply #493567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FIBA should investigate. It appears every betting favourite is losing in order to avoid playing the USA.

Reply #493569 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah I daresay the USA's shaky odds just firmed hard

Reply #493586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very disappointing.

I was also looking forward to seeing Spain challenge the US.

Who knows, the way Serbia's results have gone lately, perhaps they can at least make it interesting.

Reply #493589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does USA have the easiest path to the gold ever? Their biggest challenge on the way to the Final is Lithuania, who aren't that great without their starting point guard. Now the only team with a legit chance of beating them is out.

Reply #493598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who has more of a chance against the US - Serbia or France. paul might know the most about this.

Reply #493599 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

USA were $1.50 to win a few weeks ago, i'm guessing they're almost un-backable now.

Reply #493615 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

France beat Serbia by 1 point in pool play I believe.

Serbia are playing terrific basketball and you could easily argue that Miloš Teodosić is the best PG at the tournament. (always thought he is massively underrated, its ridiculous).

The Semi between France and Serbia might be the best game to watch for the rest of the tournament.

Reply #493619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, Serbia lost to France in the pool game though the ref who didn't call the foul as Bogdanovic was penetrating in the final seconds was actually suspended.

Serbia also played without their most experienced (former NBA) player and captain in Nenad Krstic.

The way the tournament is going, group games really don't mean a lot.

Going to be a very interesting game.

Reply #493626 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Krstic should not be playing in any form of competition after what he did here 4 years ago:

Reply #493632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Welcome to Europe mate! If only the Boomers had that kind of fire in them...

Not saying it's right what Krstic did though sometimes emotions do get the better of all of us at times... it happened 4 years ago as you said.

Suspended for life? What a stupid comment!

Reply #493634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What does that have anything to do with this years tournament and this mornings games?

Reply #493635 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Sportsbet has USA at $1.03 now

Reply #493636 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Kristic's actions weren't all that bad IMO.

Picked up a chair and dropped it.

Not much more than what Madgen did with that chair to the ref.

Anywhom, Serbia v France..what a cracker.

Reply #493658 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Picking up the chair was stupid and throwing toward it at a crowd of people is reckless and dangerous.

Would have liked to see Sofo kick his ass

Reply #493662 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Where were the refs from for this game?

When I saw USA and Lithuania Refs were reffing the Australia Turkey game I had a thought that this was not going to go well and it didn't.... Some terrible missed calls, a dodgy override and calls…. Bit suspicious, is anyone else willing to go there ???

Reply #493671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Does USA have the easiest path to the gold ever? Their biggest challenge on the way to the Final is Lithuania, who aren't that great without their starting point guard. Now the only team with a legit chance of beating them is out."

yeah must be the USA's fault for being the standout nation by probably more than a country mile! it's always easy for them especially when all the supposed good teams do everything they can to avoid them.

Reply #493675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"yeah must be the USA's fault for being the standout nation by probably more than a country mile! it's always easy for them especially when all the supposed good teams do everything they can to avoid them."

USA's side of the draw: Slovenia, Turkey, Lithuania.

On the other side: Spain, France, Greece, Brazil, Serbia, Croatia, Argentina.

You don't think this is lopsided?

Reply #493677 | Report this post

gavmiester  
Years ago

I agree....the chair should have had a life suspension.

Reply #493694 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

There was almost a fight after the USA v Lithuania game tonight, with Rudy Gay pushing one of the Lavrinovic brothers as players were shaking hands.

Lavrinovic had inadvertently got him in the jaw earlier in the night (and apologised) and Gay seemed to take exception.

Reply #493695 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Teodosic has to be All Star Five PG.

I will be absolutely fuming if its Irving or another US PG.

Reply #493928 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Maybe Valanciunas, Faried, Thompson, Bogdanovic, Teodosic?

Reply #493941 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Teodosic Harden Batum Gasol Davis

Reply #493942 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Well, if Batum has another game like last night in the bronze medal match he'll make it for sure!

Reply #493943 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Batum 27 points as France beats Lithuania 95-93 for bronze. Super game, Valanciunas 25 & 9 for the Greens, finishing off his guards' work very efficiently.

So I think my all-star five now becomes Valanciunas, Faried, Batum, Thompson, Teodosic.

Reply #493975 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

France are so good to watch when they get going.

Reply #493976 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Yeah, Bronze medal game was great until it became a free throw contest at the end. Interesting to see France foul an back their free throw shooters... The team that is ahead rarely employs those tactics in the NBA or the NBL...

Boris Diaw and Batum enormously impressive again.

Reply #494030 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754