Anonymous
Years ago

Knox seabl players

Any thoughts on who from knox raiders men's and women would be picked up by other teams?

Topic #35433 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nobody from the men's team.

Reply #494044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they have some shooters, nunawading could have used them today

Reply #494049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nunawading went selfish today. That's why they lost.

Reply #494051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adam Doyle has done his acl so he's out for next season

Reply #494055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

in the women,wilson,richards,greaves,donald and may should get picked up. likely bendigo,nunawading and frankston

Reply #494058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May is a Nunawading Jnr (despite what Knox seem to claim) so she could end up back there I guess.

Reply #494059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Linton was seabl 3 point % leader

Reply #494062 | Report this post

triton 49  
Years ago

May is totally overrated
Sure she can shoot but not much good at anything else.

Reply #494065 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Aver to franga. Hare to footy. Page to DV. Grant and Cope already quit. Carter won't play for Shanahan again. YL coach and players have no respect for Shanahan.

Shutting senior program down May be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully Shanahan will move on. Bring back Longstaff in 2 years to rebuild.

Reply #494066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will they still have bigv teams

Reply #494067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no

Reply #494068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where do u get this from? Grant and Cope haven't quit, there isn't a problem between carter and shanahan. Just keep making things up

Reply #494069 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No big v team. Grant and Cope have signed with Scoresby next year. Grant played last two games with Scoresby this year. Carter thinks Shanahan is not a person he can trust.

Am I making this up or are you out of touch? I would suggest you do some research and talk to these guys as I have. Or talk to Scoresby.

Apology accepted anonymous in advance of you doing some research before shooting your mouth off.

Reply #494071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carter happy to play for shanahan again, grant moving to sydney for work

Reply #494072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to feel sorry for all kids coming through the junior ranks now having nothing to aspire to at knox and all the youth league players with no team, I wonder if this will hurt their junior teams with kids going to other clubs with senior teams

Reply #494073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Chambers already gone Richards and Wilson were never going to return. They only played for mutual respect of each other. You have to remember Chambers had no spot for Allen because of her long standing association with Gabe and Kel. Greaves will definately be scooped up and rightly so, my guess Frankston as she studies down there. May and Quirk will most likely follow but Donald not sure she may just stop - didn't exactly kill it, slow and not good IQ.

Reply #494081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given the strength of Frankston's list and possible junior component requirement for their snr team how many can they realistically take? and secondly they'd have to compete for spots on merit too.

Reply #494082 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

At the meeting of the members last week Knox announced there would be Youth teams still.

Reply #494083 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Theres no money at Frankston unless your prepared to pay for petrol money.

Reply #494087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sherbrooke State Champ Women will be circling like Sharks over this one. Have to assume Blackburn BIG V as well.

Reply #494091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk is a SEABL employee also current knox coach, the old knox youth coach and current knox youth coach are heading up their own SEABL team for next year? How does that process work? Is it possible?

Reply #494095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well that's a bit of good news if they still keep their youth teams, but don't they have to have either a SEABL or a bigv ch/div 1 team to be able to enter a youth team?

Reply #494096 | Report this post

Tex  
Years ago

Rumour has it that they will have a Div 1 men's and women's team that will run on very little $$$ no player or coach payments complete volunteers. Also there may be a change from the Raiders nickname.

Reply #494097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No you can have just youth Now, A umber of clubs are coming into BIG V just in youth as a start up.

Corio Bay did it this year with their youth women, aids clubs in not losing there good juniors to other clubs and lets the players develop if they are not ready for senior ball yet.

Reply #494099 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Forget all the rumours. There will be no senior or vic teams in 2015. Their priority creditors will not allow it if it Knox wanted to.

There was no mention at meeting about vic teams surviving. Boy some people have wild imaginations.

Reply #494103 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Vyc teams I mean not vic.

Reply #494104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sorry Anon I WAS at the meeting and it WAS absolutely stated very clearly there would be Youth teams competing. You obviously weren't there and are relying on info from others. The term under 23s was used so maybe yourself or your info source don't actually understand what that means!!!
If you're confused then maybe you should call the CEO to clarify your info before embarassing yourself on this forum. Give it a rest and lose the constant misinformation youre putting out there.

Reply #494105 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sorry I was at the meeting. And I have since had it clarified. Be careful what you say about misinformation.

Reply #494108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had it clarified that there will be or wont be youth teams?

Reply #494109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So will they have youth teams in big v or won't they?

Reply #494119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely they would want to make that sort of thing loud and clear. Tryouts for senior teams will all be starting up in two weeks time.

If i was one of their players i would want to know if i should be looking elsewhere or not.

Reply #494134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We have been told to be fair to us we should start looking at other clubs

Reply #494141 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

No teams - all players looking elsewhere.

Reply #494145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much would a ex SEABL player demand as a Sr Champ Big V player?

Reply #494148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

plenty of knox seabl playes played for nothing

Reply #494153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't believe everything you read here. There definitely is going to be Youth League teams. Anyone who says otherwise simply has no idea.

Reply #494159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have the current playing rosters been spoken to by the club?

Reply #494161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have a few months till the next tryouts , big v has only just finished doesn't begin again till March/April next year, so maybe time to get something together for them hopefully

Reply #494166 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Word on the street and coming from multiple internal and external sources says no YL team.

Crotty and Linossier are muted to be investigating setting up their own YL team under the banner of Boronia. They will take the Knox kids with them.

Is this true - not sure? But the jungle drums are getting louder!

Reply #494188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.knoxbasketball.com.au/index.php?id=9&tx_ttnews%5Byear%5D=2014&tx_ttnews%5Bmonth%5D=09&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=481&cHash=28047e8261a0ebd21dde15cb203c7c9a

So I gather this information is wrong too??

Reply #494190 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Knox just posted on website YL teams will exist next year.

Why couldn't they have come out before now to save all this disheartenment and gossip.

Poor form Knox.

Reply #494191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sucks for the kids and the players, but that is bad luck. If the club can`t feild the teams they shouldn`t be able to go through the back door. Most if not all would be able to find suitable alterantives elsewhere.

Why would you want to still be a part of something that has clearly been misleading and using you for so long?

If a smaller club was unable to pay to have a team in under their current banner would they be able to call themslves something else? NOPE so Knox shouldnt be able to either.

Take the hit, rebuild and come back bigger and bader.

Reply #494192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Crotty & Linnosier should go to Frankston with their mates????????????????

Reply #494197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the mens side if they maintain YL there's no real loss for the program, none of them are ready for SEABL yet anyway and most of this years SEABL team wouldn't be back next year anyway.

Tread water for 2 years and re asses.

Reply #494198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon people told you they where at the meeting and there would be youth league team's but you have to go on hearsay and say oh no there is not. so you win the medal for poor form. I would think knox would have enough things to do than monitor gossipers like yourself.

Oh i do hope they can get things sorted as we already have enough basketball stadiums turning into volleyball and swim centres

Reply #494224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon said "Word on the street and coming from multiple internal and external sources says no YL team. Crotty and Linossier are muted to be investigating setting up their own YL team under the banner of Boronia. They will take the Knox kids with them."

Why are these people muted?

Yet then you said "Knox just posted on website YL teams will exist next year."

Amazing. So funny.

Reply #494225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and i see some people have difficulty reading i said people that went to meeting said that there would be a yl not knox

So yes funny

Reply #494226 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anonymous am I the only person using anon as my post name? Wow can I sue all the anon's for making unauthorised comments under my post name.

So does mean you are the only anonymous poster?

How naive are you DH?

Reply #494227 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I intend to put a copyright on the name "anon" cause I'm sick of all the anonymous' hurting my feelings!

So you anon nongs watch out!

Reply #494229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Take your medicine anon.
Like the fonz would say I was wwwwwrrrrroooonnnnnnnngggggg

Reply #494231 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Not all anon's are wwwrrrrrrrrooooonnnggg.

Reply #494241 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hahaa! I'm happy to take a bullet for all anon's. C'mon anonymous lay off the other anon's they don't deserve the abuse.

Reply #494242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Anon is a registered nick Isaac?

Reply #494247 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

are they or are they not the same Anon??

Reply #494254 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I know I am a different anon to you anon.

Reply #494255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any teams going to go after hare or aver? What about the other bench players? Knox guards were deep just too many players in the same position

Reply #494494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i would take linton, underused player great shooter

Reply #494511 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Hare to footy, Aver will get picked up. Poorly used by Knox this year.

Reply #494514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how was he poorly used?

Reply #494521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To warm the bench lol

Reply #494522 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754