Is NBL.TV happening this season?

I havent heard anything about it. Sorry if i missed an earlier thread

Topic #35440 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to NBL.tv and you will see an early bird subscriber link. $89 if you sign up before October 1st, $99 after that.

Reply #494258 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Or if you live in Melbourne you can go on United's membership website and see that they offer free or half priced NBL.tv on most memberships.

Reply #494259 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Cannot believe they are asking $89 ($99 = full price) after 2 years of very poor performance.

Reply #494264 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What Marcus said.

I reckon $15 for a full season is about what this is worth.

You only get to watch around half of the games you want to because of how dodgy it is, so $15 sounds about right, especially when in my experience you could never get it streaming in high quality, ever, despite being connected to NBN.

It's not like NBA league pass where you can invite mates around to watch the game, or plan anything around it, because there is no guarantee any given game is going to actually work.

And then on the games that actually do work the quality is so bad most of the time that you can't even tell if a guy is black or white, let alone who he is.

Makes it pretty hard to follow.

Oh and if you want to watch anything on your mobile, just forget about it entirely, especially if you signed up with a "log in with facebook" style account. Because there is no option to log in with facebook on the mobile app. When you contact NBL.tv about it you just get a generic robot reply that in no way addresses the issue or recognises you as a human being.

So yeah, great service.

Reply #494268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What Mick said

Reply #494269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better than watching nuthing! Not the best but at least we can watch sumthing. Cant compare to nba, like we cant with players, same as the coverge. Dont want it dont buy it!

Reply #494278 | Report this post

n/a  
Years ago

Yeah, $15 sounds about right. The stream quality is utter garbage considering our proximity to the venues. During a live game I checked Wireshark and it showed the stream was coming from a server in Singapore.

I think perform is routing the stream from the Venue > UK(Perform) > Singapore(Akamai) > Nbl.tv.
That's why it looks horrible on my 15 Mbps connection and what ever speed you're getting on the NBN Mick.

Reply #494314 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

Glad i changed my visa card thru out the year, they tried to re charge me for this year, which tells me i paid for it last year automatically which i never watched due to how crap it was in the first year.

Really needs to be looked at and it sucks that there is no comment from NBL.TV either

Reply #494315 | Report this post

n/a  
Years ago

It's a shame there isn't an Australian based alternative to Perform.

Reply #494316 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought it was occasionally frustrating but passable and worth what they charged. My internet connection is generally pretty average too.

Reply #494318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they are 'automatically' charging existing users for the renewal, are they charging the reduced rate or hitting people with the $99 fee?

Reply #494319 | Report this post

bethdavis10  
Years ago

I've just sent them an email to ask the same question. My subscription renewal isn't due until October. According to their FAQ page, they state that the renewal fee will be charged according to the terms and conditions when you first subscribed. I subscribed two years ago when it was first introduced, and went back and checked the information they sent me, which states that annual subscription renewal will be $79 unless cancelled.

I've asked for confirmation of this via email, will let you know the outcome.

Reply #494322 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

AS a regional SA based NBL fan I reckon NBLTV is the best thing for NBL since Al Green and Cal Bruton. its not prefect but i thinks it has delivered on promise more then channel ten has. They have had some technical issues but I get to see nearly all games, and I can rewatch later on demand.
When we spend more than $200 on travel etc to get to see a game live, paying less than $100 to have access to seeing nearly all games was briliant. I'd love it cheaper and I'd love better quality BUT I'd pay double if I had too.

Reply #494333 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Geez, a bit expensive

Reply #494343 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

I think it is a good price considering we would probably have nothing if we didn't pay.

Reply #494344 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

After reading this thread, I went to the site and logged in. I checked out my subscription and it is automatically set to "Auto renew".

It looks like you just have to cancel subscription to opt out.

Now I'm in two minds whether to keep it or not. It is too expensive for the product quality delivered, but as has been said before... "What else is there"

I think it will automatically charge me full cost as my subscription ends on 22 Oct, but the early bird finishes on 1st of Oct.

So now I get ripped off with a poor quality product once again and renewal cost if I continue.

Reply #494415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less then a ticket to watch the Wildcats play at home.

It seems Perform struggle when they get high numbers (eg Opening night World Cup), NBL GF last year.

I normally watch the replays throughout the week so the service is fine by me. My only feedback would be with a replay I don't really need 20 minutes of intro, just start with the tip off.

Reply #494424 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Ando, I just got an email from NBL TV today and it said that as an existing subscriber, I would be charged the discount price of $79 for the season.

Good to see NBL TV rewarding customers who got behind them from the start! Much appreciated.

Looking forward to see what improvements are made this season.

Reply #494544 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

I got the same email as Beantown, seems existing customers keep there existing cheaper rates, which is great as i have subscribed from day 1, so glad to be rewarded.

Reply #494550 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

No fair. I haven't got an email from them yet. I wonder if I will or whether I will be charged full price? Maybe slipped through the cracks.

Reply #494592 | Report this post

Ando  
Years ago

I finally received my email today. It states that my subscription will auto renew on 22/10 for $99. Time to cancel it I think

Reply #495480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:13 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754