Hoopla
Years ago

Boronia Buffaloes Big V 2015

Will hopefully enter Big V in D1M and D1W next year.

There will not be any Knox teams in BIg V or seabl so this will give the kids in the area an opportunity to continue to play and develop their games.

From what I'm hearing will be very competitive straight up.

Topic #35441 | Report this topic

Baller6  
Years ago

Tell me more sensei?!

Reply #494267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If BigV allow this to occur they have completely lost the plot.

Reply #494270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Right.. so looking at Knox's current SEABL list and the movements of players from this team for next year i can only see at best 3 or 4 Knox juniors actually impacted by the decision to withdraw from SEABL. If they're good enough those players will either move to State Champ or other SEABL programs.

Knox will be running a YL program again so those players are secure with somewhere to play for 2015, so where is the rest of this team coming from? Other BigV teams?

What association will this team represent? Isnt that the purpose of BigV? If they represent Knox why not call it Knox Raiders?

Will they commit to BigV for 3 years? Or just come and go in 2 years and disrupt the competition?

Seems like just another way to dilute an existing pool of talent in BigV for the purpose of stroking a few egos.

Blackburn, Ringwood, Sherbrooke and Waverley all offer alternative places for them to play if they're good enough.

Reply #494271 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Hoopla can only be trolling...

Reply #494272 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hoopla what are you on? Can I have some?

Reply #494277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boronia Bulldogs hahahaha Nothing more than A couple of coaches trying to secure themselves a senior gig.

Reply #494280 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Buffaloes have entered Big V in State Championship for 2015 and have been accepted.

Reply #494284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If that's true then the must have the funding and the players to enter this level

Reply #494289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who's going back down then?

Reply #494294 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I Call BS.

BigV have to have approval from all the member clubs before anyone enters or moves.

Nothing can be approved until their AGM.

Reply #494298 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hey anon you are talking rubbish and ruining the reputations of all us other anon's. Big V have not accepted boronia. In fact I think this whole issues is a hoax and you are all getting sucked in to the BS.

Reply #494301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they are just a domestic club at Knox, nothing more but hey other clubs such as Blackburn started off as domestic clubs.

Reply #494302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just googled them and checked out their website

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/club_info.cgi?clubID=137148&c=0-2307-0-0-0

The look pretty organised for a domestic club and have lots of sponsors

Best of luck to them, I know they will get bagged on here but that's just the tall poppy situation all over again

If they can salvage something from the Knox situation it can only be a good thing

Reply #494305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No way in hell will the other clubs vote this in. So no matter how bad Knox want it it`s not going to happen in an area that is already full of BIG V sides.

Nunna, Dandy and kilsyth offer SEABl for the cream of the crop if any

Ringwood, Sherbrooke and Waverley offer state champ for the decent players

Blackburn, Warrandyte, Keysborough offer a place for the next tier down or youthies graduating.

Reply #494313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most clubs would support it.

Why not? What is so bad about it?

Reply #494317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Support what? potentially losing their players to a domestic team entering BigV?

Reply #494320 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why you apply as a new club you have to show you are not going to be a club that is here today and gone tomorrow.

Knox will obviously want to go back into SEABL down the track meaning them teams will be withdrawn leaving a hole in what ever division they are in.

unless they go down the Geelong route and maintain a BIG V divisional pressence.

Reply #494323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you idiots make me laugh !!

Reply #494324 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

You'd think that unless Boronia had plans for at least a 3-5 year commitment to the Big V sticking them stright into Champ or D1 would be fraught with danger as they might roll back under the "raiders" banner when they sort out there financial position.

A club the size of Knox would most likely want to go back into SEABL once they are in a viable position to re-enter which based on what i'm hearing might be 2-3 years away depending on the shake out of a few things.

Reply #494335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's enough time for Raiders to get rid of Shannahan. Perfect world.

Also let's him out of jail, all his SEABL players weren't returning anyway cause they cant stand him.

Shame - I wanted to see his arrogance get a reality check.

Reply #494345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All his players not returning, another idiot with no idea

Reply #494355 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754