anon1980
Years ago

NBL to get another team anthem ...

Looks like the Hawks are putting together a team anthem ...

http://youtu.be/-dn71it8INQ

not sure when it'll be released, maybe at the first game ?

and wonder if it'll be a rap like the cats had in the 80s ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YE-GQnRpE8

Have to say United and Hawks are leading the way this year on production and social, will be good to see other teams step it up to their level.

Topic #35445 | Report this topic

RMQ  
Years ago

^I wouldn't say they are leading, but def the most improved. And the improvement is quite significant

Reply #494417 | Report this post

Koppernickle  
Years ago

I thought their Hawks TV has been pretty good for a number of years? I recall it back when Cameran Tragadh was there.

Reply #494425 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I have to disagree anon1980, I think Townsville is leading the way on social media. With gems like this one they dropped on facebook yesterday, how could any other club come close?

"A call to our supporters.
The club is enquiring if someone has a double king size bed they could loan the club for 7 months.
If you have a double king size bed that we could have, can you please email ****@crocodiles.com.au."

Reply #494450 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@ Mick,

Does it come with a promise of being returned sans stains?

Reply #494453 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No.

I guess you'll have to consider them a piece of value-added "basketball memorabilia".

And I'm pretty sure it was Mark Cuban who said, "There's nothing that says you've got your shit together as a sports franchise like asking for a medium-term loan of a bed from your fan base in a public forum..."

It's up there with implementing SportsVU and Catapult technology over in the States right now. All the smart franchises are doing it.

Always ahead of the curve, R.C. Buford and the Spurs have apparently been housing Tim Duncan in this manner for the better part of two decades. Duncan has said that fan-donated beds have been a large factor towards his sustained longevity as a basketball player.

Reply #494460 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Make sure they don't ask the 36ers of a number of years back for a spare quilt...

Reply #494468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that serious? The Crocs actually asked that???

Reply #494493 | Report this post

jrs  
Years ago

it does beg the question, what has that import been sleeping on to date ?

Reply #494501 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

yes anonymous. quoted directly from their Facebook page.

Reply #494563 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Crocs have tweeted asking for a bed to suit a 6'11" player too. Surely you'd just buy something and then keep it in storage for whenever it might be required?

Reply #494578 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's not a good look for the club that's for sure.

Reply #494627 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754