Mantis
Years ago

Ingles signs with LA Clippers

Source: Marc Stein twitter (@ESPNSteinLine)

"ESPN sources say that Aussie swingman Joe Ingles is signing a one-year deal with the LA Clippers"

"Ingles drew NBA interest with his fine play at 2012 Olympics and just cemented his move to the league with some big games at FIBA World Cup"

Topic #35447 | Report this topic

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Awesome news!

Reply #494370 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Good for him, hopefully he can find some court time after Barnes and Bullock I guess. Wonder what his other options were, Griz we know.

Reply #494372 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Awesome, congrats Joe!!

Reply #494374 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Training camp fodder?

Reply #494375 | Report this post

Darryl  
Years ago

Great news for Ingles is in his prime.

Reply #494378 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

1-yr non-guaranteed deal apparently.

Great news!

Potentially 8 Aussies in the NBA this coming season:

1. Patty Mills - Spurs
2. Andrew Bogut - Warriors
3. Matthew Dellavedova - Cavs
4. Dante Exum - Jazz
5. Cam Bairstow - Bulls
6. Brock Motum - Jazz
7. Joe Ingles - Clippers
8. Aron Baynes - Spurs?

Baynes has an offer on the table from the Spurs but is looking for a better deal given his WC form. He has big offers on the table from Europe already, but could also be part of a sign and trade with the Spurs too.

Reply #494386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome news. He deserves it.

Reply #494387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's just one more proof of how incredibly overrated the NBA is. Ingles spent years being an 11th man in the Euroleague...he has a few semi-decent games in an incredibly awful FIBA World Cup against really bad teams...

and gets an NBA contract.

The NBA really is a joke.

Next up he will be roided up just like Baynes also. Only thing, he will also have forgotten how to play basketball.

Reply #494401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Important notice: In recent weeks, multiple IP addresses have been handed over to lawyers regarding potentially defamatory posts on Hoops. Please remember that you are responsible for what you post and that if requested by a lawyer to provide identifying information, I will comply.

So now we have to clarify that we are joking here and being sarcastic about roids comments and NBA players or what?

Seriously, what is that message at the top of the forum?

Reply #494402 | Report this post

jimmy needles  
Years ago

Anon that perhaps take the cake as the stupidest post in Hoops history, and that's saying a lot.

Reply #494405 | Report this post

jimmy needles  
Years ago

Also...inb4 FBI. You dun goofed anon

Reply #494407 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Link to story on ESPNLA website:

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11536393/joe-ingles-australian-national-team-agrees-1-year-deal-los-angeles-clippers

Reply #494411 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Hopefully he can stick in the league.

If his 3 ball is dropping i could see him going well as the 10th/11th guy....

Reply #494412 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"It's just one more proof of how incredibly overrated the NBA is. Ingles spent years being an 11th man in the Euroleague...he has a few semi-decent games in an incredibly awful FIBA World Cup against really bad teams...

and gets an NBA contract.

The NBA really is a joke.

Next up he will be roided up just like Baynes also. Only thing, he will also have forgotten how to play basketball."

I seriously can't believe I read this? where do I begin with a post as idiotic as this? So Lithuania is a 'really bad team' are they?

As for 11th man on a Euroleague team, different styles of play in Europe and USA. What is good in one league, may not work in the other. You really know nothing about Basketball.

As for 'roided up' I am PRETTY SURE the NBA would test pretty thoroughly for illegal substances. Baynes just works hard. I think you have some jealousy going on. Do you even lift Bruh?

Reply #494433 | Report this post

The Dream  
Years ago

Lifting may cause strength increase & muscle development

Reply #494442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't find any reports were it says the deal is non-guaranteed. Since it is only for 1 year, I would assume Joe would only sign the deal if it is guaranteed.

Will be interesting to see how they see him fitting into their system. Are they thinking of using him as a Point-Forward as they are light on in the PG space. If a pure SF I think he is a fair way down the pecking order.

Depth Chart Would be

PG - Paul / Farmer
SG - Redick / Crawford / Wilcox
SF - Barnes / Douglas-Roberts / Bullock / Ingles
PF - Griffen / Davis / Turkoglou
C - Jordan / Hawes / Udoh.

Could be in the 13 if they send the youngsters in Wilcox and Bullock to the D-League.

Reply #494452 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, fantastic news for him and all down here who follow the game. I hope Joey can be confident and play his game, not be affraid to shoot the ball and enjoy this next stage of his career.

Reply #494455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the start of the season there will only be 5 Aussie in the NBA

1. Patty Mills - Spurs
2. Andrew Bogut - Warriors
3. Matthew Dellavedova - Cavs
4. Dante Exum - Jazz
8. Aron Baynes - Spurs?

Bairstow, Ingles and Motum will not make their teams final roster.

Bairstow is slow, cannot rebound or defend, something the bulls like with their big men.

Ingles has never played at this level and the Clippers will find that out during training camp and pre-season. The only thing that could work in his favour is that they waiver Carlos Delfino in the Dudley trade.

Motum has the most potential out of the three players I've mentioned. Althletic stretch 4 man who can hit the 3 and spread the floor. I'm hoping he makes the Jazz final roster although it looks unlikely when he'll be competing against other NBA veteran looking for a job.

Reply #494459 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

Anon, I am pretty sure Bairstow's contract is guranteed for the first year

Reply #494462 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Pretty sure Ingles signed a guaranteed contract. Had 5 teams chasing him, and isn't quick to choose. I think they must be promising him some minutes.

Reply #494465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Sexy,

Bairstow's 3 year contract is fully non-guaranteed, the Bulls could waive him during training camp but given they used a draft pick on him AND gave him a 3 year deal very unlikely.

Reply #494466 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

From what I have read on a few sites first year fully guranteed second year 50% and third year 0%. But could be wrong

Reply #494476 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

In regards to Bairstow see below

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/CHI.html

Reply #494478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A team may exceed the cap for a minimum contract up to two years in length. If the Bulls signed Bairstow to a three-year contract, they'll have his Bird rights when it expires. That’s why they’d sign him before Hinrich exhausts their cap space.

However, Chicago doesn’t have to give him any guaranteed money. He might be in the same boat as Young.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/21/patric-young-cameron-bairstow-get-nba-contracts-after-impressive-summer-leagues/

Reply #494479 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

As per David Pick's twitter

"Joe Ingles free agent contract with the Clippers is a guaranteed minimum deal worth $507,336"

Reply #494543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where are the haters now?

Reply #494546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^

Looking up Guam on Wikipedia

Reply #494707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #494990 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754